The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury pulls out of klitschko rematch

+10
TRUSSMAN66
WelshDevilRob
Pedro147
Mr Bounce
ONETWOFOREVER
irishbrads
OasisBFC
milkyboy
BoxingFan88
Adam D
14 posters

Go down

Fury pulls out of klitschko rematch Empty Fury pulls out of klitschko rematch

Post by Adam D Fri 24 Jun - 15:06

apparently has sprained his ankle whilst running. Fight postponed.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Fury pulls out of klitschko rematch Empty Re: Fury pulls out of klitschko rematch

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jun - 15:39

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36624767

Back to top Go down

Fury pulls out of klitschko rematch Empty Re: Fury pulls out of klitschko rematch

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 24 Jun - 15:41

Change the title to POSTPONED

He hasn't pulled out of the fight

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jun - 16:50

Is this the same guy that slated David Haye for cancelling a fight due to a cut eyebrow saying that he'd never pull out of a fight however inured he was?

Helmet!!

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 24 Jun - 17:37

I think injuring your helmet is a legitimate reason to pull out of a fight

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 24 Jun - 17:46

Looks pretty sore to be honest.
Their training schedules are designed down to the day so they peak on fight night.

For him not to be able to train for a while knocks his whole schedule off meaning he'd go into the fight not 100% prepared. You can't do that against Wlad.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by irishbrads Fri 24 Jun - 17:57

well we planned a stag weekend around this fight depsite my gut feeling telling me it may not go ahead,

Fury has apparently injured his ankle, call me an old cynic but i'm not really surprised considering poor tickets sales, everything FW touches literally turns to sh1t!!!

https://www.606v2.com/t62863-fury-v-klitschko-will-it-even-happen

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jun - 17:58

I thought Wlad was shot to bits and rubbish so it wouldn't matter and that Fury was the best HW on the planet so it wouldn't matter and that he was training for a war not a dancing contest so it wouldn't matter and that....blah blah blah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jun - 18:01

Badly sprained ankle, doc said stay off it for 6-7 weeks?!?!?!

Joe Ledley broke his f*cking leg and was playing football for Wales four weeks later.

Soft C***!

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 24 Jun - 18:06

I had a badly sprained ankle and was in a pot for 6 weeks. And I'm hard as nails, Dave.

I'd have fought wlad regardless mind and still had the edge in mobility.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by irishbrads Fri 24 Jun - 18:08

DAVE667 wrote:Badly sprained ankle, doc said stay off it for 6-7 weeks?!?!?!

Joe Ledley broke his f*cking leg and was playing football for Wales four weeks later.

Soft C***!

exaclty poor ticket sales i would say played a massic part in this, simply not enough money to pay the fighters especially Wlad, hearn was talking last week that there could be a PPV announcement for this fight implying the funds needed a boost, I blame FW and hennessy for delaying the announcement and quite simply fu*cking about with the promotion, like fury or not this is a massive fight that has been given the death knell by those two incompetent kants, i am fooking raging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 24 Jun - 20:40

Not a surprise anymore.

if he is injured then fine but due to furys latest outbursts the media in this country have gone quite on fury and this fight.

I mean a British h/w champion in a massive fight and all of a sudden it's like a Mick Hennessey card......

Nothing but crikits

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 24 Jun - 23:39

Is it bad to suggest that i genuinely don't care about either Fury or Klitschko?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Sat 25 Jun - 12:40

Looks fairly bad in fairness. Would keep you out for 4-6 weeks as you wouldn’t be able to train on it. And giving Fury’s size and weight it would really hamper him from a recovery time perspective.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CluJ9amWMAAIhJI.jpg

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by irishbrads Sat 25 Jun - 13:24

Pedro147 wrote:Looks fairly bad in fairness. Would keep you out for 4-6 weeks as you wouldn’t be able to train on it. And giving Fury’s size and weight it would really hamper him from a recovery time perspective.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CluJ9amWMAAIhJI.jpg

when FW and hennessy are involved you know it has massive potential to be postponed, there were poor ticket sales so coincidentally the fight is postponed, think about how many FW shows have been postponed in the past, i know this ain't a frank warren show but he's up to his neck in it with hennessy it seems.

I hate to say this but i will never buy another ticket to a show that frank warren or hennessy have anything to do with, as much as Hearn can be smarmy he delivers, fights aren't always competitive but you can guarantee the show will go ahead regardless simply because of skys involvement, FW being the promoter and TV man means he can do whatever the f*ck he wants!!!!!!!!!!!!!

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Sat 25 Jun - 13:39

Disappointing to say the least. Both will have been out of the ring for almost a year. Ticket sales weren't very good and it's not a PPV - both might need to take a pay cut.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun - 12:20

What's this about Fury & a drug sample?

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 26 Jun - 13:24

Nandralone found in sample between Feb and match last year before elastic fight.

Hope it's not true as I have said before fury is a target for the media due to his outbursts. The whole drugs scenario lately has blown up big style....who next?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 26 Jun - 13:25

Elastic fight???

Lol

I actually typed in Wlad fight

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 26 Jun - 13:33

Not sure telling Wlad he hopes he wins really helps in the selling of this probable stinker...

Some people see a mind-gaming genius in Fury while others like me see a complete idiot...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Mon 27 Jun - 0:57

At first I thought the postponement was fury getting his own back. Then I looked back at him taking his shirt of at the press conference and thought, yeah you was in that shape because you know the fight is really 16-20 weeks away.
But, looking at the injury there is no way you can be ready with that injury, looks nasty.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jun - 9:43

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3661079/Tyson-Fury-buys-200-Jager-bombs-England-fans-Nice-world-champion-parties-Euro-2016-despite-ankle-injury.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jun - 12:10

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3661796/Tyson-Fury-scrapped-rematch-twisting-ankle-techno-rave.html

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 27 Jun - 12:20

The guy that looks most unlikely to be using drugs, has possibly been caught using! Are all the other bodybuilders/boxers natural then??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jun - 13:38

Looking at the state of him, he's in dreadful shape and the sooner he gets leveled the better. Hope he injures himself again though and he gets called out for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 27 Jun - 13:59

If he is using steroids, he should ask for a refund!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jun - 14:01

How dreadful would he have looked without them?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 27 Jun - 14:03

DAVE667 wrote:How dreadful would he have looked without them?

Butterbean??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jun - 14:05

AdamT wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:How dreadful would he have looked without them?

Butterbean??
He have made butterbean look like Mark Breland

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Mon 27 Jun - 16:51

Fury in an England shirt singing 'England til I die', thought he was 'Irish'?

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 28 Jun - 7:03

I'm beginning to wonder if Fury will ever defend his titles. If he's guilty of doping he will be stripped and banned, but if he's innocent, he just seems intent on partying and being a general d!*k. 

Was everything concentrated on that one moment of winning the title?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 28 Jun - 9:26

The body can only produce so much nandrolone naturally. Hughie was also caught with a high trace.

Sounds guilty to me!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun - 9:34

Why was he allowed to fight Wlad if the tainted samples were submitted BEFORE that fight took place?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 28 Jun - 10:06

DAVE667 wrote:Why was he allowed to fight Wlad if the tainted samples were submitted BEFORE that fight took place?

That is a mystery.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed 29 Jun - 20:03

Mr Bounce wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if Fury will ever defend his titles. If he's guilty of doping he will be stripped and banned, but if he's innocent, he just seems intent on partying and being a general d!*k. 

Was everything concentrated on that one moment of winning the title?

His tune has changed almost entirely since before he won the title. He's gone from having the hunger many would expect to an attitude of 'I'm sick of it all, I just don't care, in it for the cheque blah blah'. His general behaviour since the fight makes me wonder whether it's all rushed to his head. But it's hard to discern whether it's the media paying more attention or just the man being more of a nutter. I'd be lying if I said I was certain everything's in place up top.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down