The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lamon Brewster on Haye Chisora Klitschko..., and Michael Nunn!

4 posters

Go down

Lamon Brewster on Haye Chisora Klitschko..., and Michael Nunn!  Empty Lamon Brewster on Haye Chisora Klitschko..., and Michael Nunn!

Post by onetwotwo Fri 30 Mar 2012, 2:38 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tjao_0dmlw

Good evening (morning?) guys. I just saw this on youtube after my old gym mate insisted that I should watch it. I had never registered Brewster as someone special. The story of him and Wlad is a little similar to that of Rahman and Lennox - the man who was (or should have been) in a different league got beaten by a much lesser man due to arrogance, carelessness, complacency, lack of preparation, whatever, but the record was straightened out in their rematches. Okay, Lamon did knock out Golota well and quick, but could he have handled the younger nutcase (and immensely powerful) version of Golota who proved to be too much even for Bowe on two occasions (albeit a past prime version)? Probably not.

I don't know why, but I always thought of him as a guy who was difficult to like and who was always too full of himself. (I vaguely recall his remark about "there was Ali, there was Tyson, there was Lewis, and now there is Brewster" type comment after Golota fight.)

Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised by this interview. Lamon seems like a genuinely nice and charming guy who knows what he is talking about. At least in this interview, he sounded as if he is one of those guys whom I could trust to have my daughters looked after by and my son trained and disciplined.

At the same time, as an ex (amateur) boxer and a big follower of the sport, I was shocked to find out about Michael Nunn story. I honestly don't know how I remained ignorant of this fact until this evening... I knew about Ibeabuchi story, (of course, we all do) but Michael Nunn...? What, he will not be out until 2032...? For (alleged) drug trafficking? It's not that he killed, or cuddled in a bad way (ummm, my word is getting translated), or threatened to shoot and burn someone... Michael Nunn used to be one of my heroes in the approximate era of Nigel Benn (who was and always will be my mentor and number one hero), Chris Eubank, Michael Watson, Herol Graeme, or across the pond, Julian Jackson, Gerald McClellan, Mike McCallum, Roy Jones Jr, (I never liked Toney, but I guess I should at least mention his name), and a few others. Does anyone know if there have been any petitions to get Michael out of his peter?

onetwotwo

Back to top Go down

Lamon Brewster on Haye Chisora Klitschko..., and Michael Nunn!  Empty Re: Lamon Brewster on Haye Chisora Klitschko..., and Michael Nunn!

Post by huw Fri 30 Mar 2012, 8:47 am

That was well worth a watch, he did actually come across very well and made some very good points.

Thanks for the find.

huw

Back to top Go down

Lamon Brewster on Haye Chisora Klitschko..., and Michael Nunn!  Empty Re: Lamon Brewster on Haye Chisora Klitschko..., and Michael Nunn!

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 30 Mar 2012, 9:05 am

I never knew that about Nunn either!

It' seems extreme but apparently (after looking up) the sentence was so long because he had a long history of drug trafficking.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 30 Mar 2012, 9:51 am

Dear me. I knew Nunn was doing porridge but had no idea that it was such a lengthy term! Those wins and superb performces against Tate and Kalambay must be a very, very distant memory now.

Can't access at work, but will be sure to take a look later. Thanks for the heads up.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down