The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V Klitschko VS Chisora

+8
HumanWindmill
azania
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
tcribb
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
AlexHuckerby
tunes666
12 posters

Go down

V Klitschko VS Chisora Empty V Klitschko VS Chisora

Post by tunes666 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:13 pm

Not long now.

I personally think Chisora will lose quite easy.

I can see him staying true to his world and going into to fight and be physical and I think in the first round he will put VK under a bit of pressure and it might be a bit scrappy..

But I think by the 2nd Round VK will find his hands and get the feel, and start landing, slowing Chisora down.

By the third round I see VK stopping Chisora via KO.

Thoughts?

tunes666

Back to top Go down

V Klitschko VS Chisora Empty Re: V Klitschko VS Chisora

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:16 pm

Vitali is a master of timing, when a guy comes in at him he is so good at timing him and using his very good foot movement, Chisora is a bit of a one trick pony in the fact that all he can really do is come in and fight on the inside. Once this is taken away by Vitali it's over really.

Chisora to maybe get taken out late or lose by a wide decision, however Chisora will do one thing that us Brits love, give it a real go.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:19 pm

I don't see this going any more than 3 rounds and that's dependant on Chisora. Vitali will feel him out for the first round and I would like to think Chisora would do the same. If he goes for it from round one then I expect he will be sparked out in round one.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:42 pm

Think it will last longer than 3 rounds not sure Vitali is a concussive puncher more like a hurtful one, Chisora will be brave but doesn't pose any significant threat and can see him taking a Danny Williams like drubbing, 9-10 rounds with Chisora getting pulled out rather than being flat on his back.

Another thought is how the WBC are actually sanctioning the fight,yes Chisora was robbed last time out but it still doesn't change the fact he got beat and considering prior to that he lost to Tyson Fury, I can see how he got a ranking ?
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:48 pm

To be fair it's a voluntary defence and Vitali has more than done enough to be able to fight whoever he wants right now...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:51 pm

To be honest this guy has lost two of his last three or four fights and qualifies (like Murray who lost his last fight) for a shot at the World title....

As with the pathetic Wlad defence against Mormeck it ain't good for Boxing!!!!

Should earn the right to fight for the crown

Complete mismatch...Vitali in 3.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:54 pm

I agree but there ain't exactly many that are lining that actually deserve a shot... The ones that are on the cusp of it seem to be waiting until Vitali retires...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:58 pm

Mormeck and Chisora????........Does cast a sad light on Heavyweight Boxing though..

Bit like Tyson vs Deleon....and Holy vs Tillis...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:14 pm

I agree Truss, and I guess this is another reason why they haven't transcended the sport as you wrote on your article.

Fair enough voluntary but Chisora shouldn't be sanctioned he lost a British title fight 6 month ago against a complete novice
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Mormeck and Chisora????........Does cast a sad light on Heavyweight Boxing though..

Bit like Tyson vs Deleon....and Holy vs Tillis...

Hard to disagree Truss but given Povetkin appears unwilling to face either brother until they both make Windy look young and pretty much everyone else with a pulse has already been beaten the cupboard is looking pretty bare at the minute, great shame though because for whatever their faults may be whenever someone has emerged as either a legitimate or a perceived threat the brothers have tended to face them.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:45 pm

It will be a competitive fight with Vit winning via robbery. Those who think Chisora is a lamb to slaughter under-estimate him and seriously over-estimate an old Vit. Put it this way, I'd pick Chisora to beat every opponent Vit has beaten.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:24 pm

He's worried about seeing Windy in his pink dress at ringside If he does fight the brothers!!!

who can blame him...Corbett is still spinning in his grave!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:30 pm

C'mon, Truss, you know that was only for a bet.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:56 pm

azania wrote:It will be a competitive fight with Vit winning via robbery. Those who think Chisora is a lamb to slaughter under-estimate him and seriously over-estimate an old Vit. Put it this way, I'd pick Chisora to beat every opponent Vit has beaten.

I thin Vitali win this without to much trouble because his range control and physical prescence will take away Chisoras best shots which are overhand rights from distance. This shot is hard to pull off against Vitali. Chisora may give a better account of himself than many predict, I might agree with you there, especially early on.

But out of curiosity, if you are wrong and Vitali does make light work of Chisora, would you still maintain that Vitali is being overestimated and has declined considerably? Or will you put the emphasis on Chisora just being overmatched and not all that good?

The reason I ask is because there is a tendancy with the Klitschkos to find various flaws, faults and weaknesses ripe to be exposed by a prospective contender before the fight. But when they win comfortably it generally becomes that the opponent was just poor and the cycle repeats itself the next time a challenger emerges.

Adamek for instance, as a smaller and faster heavyweight should surely have had more success against the version of Vitali you are representing? But Vitali beat him without ever really getting out of second gear. If the same happens with Chisora would it change your opinion?

I agree with you up to a point that Vitali has slowed down since his pre retirement version, but I cant really see it being the massive decline you suggest. And even if it was, is Chisora of a high enough calibre to take advantage?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:30 pm

Manos apologies if I don't respond fully. My modem has crashed and I'm responding via a phone. If Chisora comes in fit and ready ro rock and gets blown away, then I'll give Vit all the credit for it. If Chisora comes in as he did against Fury then the jury's still out for me.

Adamel was just too small and couldn't impose anything. Derek is physically strong and can move forward negating Vit's pawing jab. Also vit holds his hands too low and is not fast enough to get out of the way all the time.

Vit will win for sure. But Del will prove himself and push him all the way and lose narrowly.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:47 pm

Thats fair enough but my question is less to do with giving Vitali credit for the win and more to do with actually seeing his as possessing the same level of weaknesses.

For instance assuming Chisora comes in at a decent weight and has trained well and Vitali beats him in a manner similar to how he beat Adamek, would you still favour Haye to beat him?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:56 pm

I'd be proven wrong in that case in that Vit is not as bad as I took him to be. But I'd still pick Haye due to his speed.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:49 pm

Yeah but my point with Adamek was in relation to the speed issue.. If Vitalis weaknesses as you see them were down to issues of slowness and hittability then one would have expected a faster heavyweight like Adamek to have exploited this or at least highlighted it. That didnt seem to be the case. Physicality wasnt really the issue because Vitali is an immensely physical fighter and is always going to be too physical for Adamek or indeed Chisora and Haye in that area.

The argument was more based on Chisora having the speed to exploit Vitalis slowness. Im not sure Chisora is all that much faster than Adamek or hits all that much harder and he wont be a physical match for Vitali no matter what. So its really a case of trying to outspeed him and my point was that if Adamek couldnt come close then why should Chisora neccessarily?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:58 pm

To add to that have we really seen any evidence that at heavyweight Haye is a nuclear puncher? Took nine rounds to shift an ancient John Ruiz, never looked like shifting Valuev and can infer nothing from Audley who is not very good, no shame in either the Ruiz or Valuev outcomes as both are known to be durable but for me I am yet to see anything to suggest Haye will trouble Vitali even if he does land with any regularity, which as manos says is easier said than done.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:16 pm

Vitali to win inside 4 lol this is a bigger disgrace than Fraudley v Haye, how does Chisora beat Vitali, only deluded people give him a sniff, Ladbrokes are offering 10/3 rounds 1-4 stoppage for Vitali cuppa

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:24 pm

Regarding Adamek. He is small in stature and physically very weak. If Grant and McBride can give him issues, then it was inevitable Vit would slaughter him. His punch power wouldn't earn any respect from Vit either.

Haye is a superior all round boxer than he is and Chisora is probably a better HW. Both have sufficient speed, punch power ability and variety of work. Plus they are physically stronger (not as much as Vit but much more than Adamek).

Chisora will set the blueprint and Haye will finish the job. At this stage of his career, Vit is just a notch above Helenius. I'd say that Helenius beats all Vits opponents without too much fuss.

Rowley, Haye is not a big puncher at HW. But he punches hard enough to command respect.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:33 pm

azania wrote:Regarding Adamek. He is small in stature and physically very weak. If Grant and McBride can give him issues, then it was inevitable Vit would slaughter him. His punch power wouldn't earn any respect from Vit either.

Haye is a superior all round boxer than he is and Chisora is probably a better HW. Both have sufficient speed, punch power ability and variety of work. Plus they are physically stronger (not as much as Vit but much more than Adamek).

Chisora will set the blueprint and Haye will finish the job. At this stage of his career, Vit is just a notch above Helenius. I'd say that Helenius beats all Vits opponents without too much fuss.

Rowley, Haye is not a big puncher at HW. But he punches hard enough to command respect.

you sound like you have no boxing knowledge.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:38 pm

You sound like a Sun reader.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:39 pm

Well I cant really say I agree with the assessment of Vitali/Hellenius or Chisoras chances. I think the best Chisora can hope for is a providing a credible challenge and proving a few people who wrote him off wrong.

But my question is just that Ive seen this happen before with the Klitschkos, and indeed other fighters. A huge amount of focus put on various weakenesses - some legitimate, some not so much in my opinion. But after the fight when they have won comfortably quite often nothing seems to change with those that predicted them to lose or struggle. It becomes a case of the opponent being no good or lacking x/y/z or having a bad day. Wlad vs Haye for instance. And there were also those who said Vitali would struggle with Adameks handspeed but again I havent seen this decrepidly slow Vitali whos easy to hit emerge. Im just wondering if Vitali does beat Chisora much like he beat Adamek (which is what I personally suspect might happen) is he still going to be considered slow, immobile and hittable?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:41 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Well I cant really say I agree with the assessment of Vitali/Hellenius or Chisoras chances. I think the best Chisora can hope for is a providing a credible challenge and proving a few people who wrote him off wrong.

But my question is just that Ive seen this happen before with the Klitschkos, and indeed other fighters. A huge amount of focus put on various weakenesses - some legitimate, some not so much in my opinion. But after the fight when they have won comfortably quite often nothing seems to change with those that predicted them to lose or struggle. It becomes a case of the opponent being no good or lacking x/y/z or having a bad day. Wlad vs Haye for instance. And there were also those who said Vitali would struggle with Adameks handspeed but again I havent seen this decrepidly slow Vitali whos easy to hit emerge. Im just wondering if Vitali does beat Chisora much like he beat Adamek (which is what I personally suspect might happen) is he still going to be considered slow, immobile and hittable?

I agree 100%. Before wlad v haye the majority of people on the bbc website were saying haye would win. Most of the professional boxers were saying haye would win. Haye LOSES and all of sudden everyone is saying that haye was bad and no one is giving credit to wlad.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:57 pm

Manos I'll get back to you tomorrow. Annoying using a phone and especially when I spent time with a long response only for iit to disappear.

London, I predicted an easy night for Wlad against Haye. Wlad is a superb fighter and at the peak of his talent.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Mon 06 Feb 2012, 11:01 pm

azania wrote:Manos I'll get back to you tomorrow. Annoying using a phone and especially when I spent time with a long response only for iit to disappear.

London, I predicted an easy night for Wlad against Haye. Wlad is a superb fighter and at the peak of his talent.

Well I'm glad you got it right.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 06 Feb 2012, 11:08 pm

lovely_london wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:Well I cant really say I agree with the assessment of Vitali/Hellenius or Chisoras chances. I think the best Chisora can hope for is a providing a credible challenge and proving a few people who wrote him off wrong.

I agree 100%. Before wlad v haye the majority of people on the bbc website were saying haye would win. Most of the professional boxers were saying haye would win. Haye LOSES and all of sudden everyone is saying that haye was bad and no one is giving credit to wlad.

Yeah I dont really have any issue with people who predicted Haye would lose or didnt really rate high all that highly going into the fight saying that the fight didnt change their opinion much. Its just more curious with those that predicted Haye would win and had all the equipment to take advantage of all these Wlad weakenesses that didnt seem to change their opinion on Wlad whatsoever. To a lesser extent I also read comments saying Vitali was slow and robotic and would find it difficult against Adameks greater mobility, youth and speed. I actually thought Vitali looked anything but in that fight and he dealt with the what limited threat Adamek offered quite easily. I would certainly accept he is slower and less mobile than ten years ago, but theres a big stretch between that and the representation of him as a slow and easy to hit fighter. Especially one thats barely above the level of Hellenius for example. I never particularly rated Adamek as a threat to Vitali so the fight didnt change my own opinion much. But for those who believe he is slow and hittable I would have thought the performance would have changed those opinions somewhat. I just wonder if he dealt with Chisora handily would these criticisms or observations remain?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 06 Feb 2012, 11:14 pm

azania wrote:Manos I'll get back to you tomorrow. Annoying using a phone and especially when I spent time with a long response only for iit to disappear.

Yeah I understand you backed Wlad in that one alright. My posts are more just a general observation. I know from previous threads that you think Haye would beat Vitali and I understand your arguments why. I also know you tip Chisora to be a handful for Vitali so Im just wondering if Vitali wins reasonably comfortably would you still view him as drastcially declined or slow and easy to hit - which is what I understand alot of your basis for Haye beating him is (I also know you back Vitali at his best to win). Its mainly because I just dont really see Vitali as a fighter thats easy to hit or trades on his chin. I think hes actually quite measured and his use of the jab and range makes him hard to catch with big shots, especially for smaller heavyweights like Haye or Chisora who look to land big overhands from distance.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 06 Feb 2012, 11:21 pm

If Vit wins comfortably against Chisora I'd have to eat humble pie and admit he is not as bad as I thought he was. He's still a lot slower than a decade ago. Markedly slower so that won't change. His footwork is now so slow its like walking in treacle. Previously it was a plod.

Much depends on which Chis turns up. If he weighs in at 235-240 then he's ready.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 06 Feb 2012, 11:40 pm

Vitali will win but I doubt he will get the Chis outta there within 4 rounds and am quite suprised people are actually predicting this result. Chisoras chin is ok so I think if he did get stopped it woud be later on

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down