The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honourable Mention: Sergei Liakhovich vs Lamon Brewster

+2
coxy0001
Valero's Conscience
6 posters

Go down

Honourable Mention: Sergei Liakhovich vs Lamon Brewster Empty Honourable Mention: Sergei Liakhovich vs Lamon Brewster

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:28 pm

This fight was voted the best heavyweight fight of the last decade by Eastside Boxing.

I've only ever seen the highlights to the fight which the link to is provided below. Enjoy it's worth watching!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjuXgo8icuE

Anyone else know other fights which maybe involve less well known boxers which get little or no mention but deserve one i.e. none of the usual candidates?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Honourable Mention: Sergei Liakhovich vs Lamon Brewster Empty Re: Honourable Mention: Sergei Liakhovich vs Lamon Brewster

Post by coxy0001 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:01 pm

In terms of heavyweights? You're struggling on that one!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Honourable Mention: Sergei Liakhovich vs Lamon Brewster Empty Re: Honourable Mention: Sergei Liakhovich vs Lamon Brewster

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:11 pm

Sorry Coxy, fights in general, seen all the classics and and even partly well known, just wondering if there are a few more gems not widely known.

At the turn of the last decade some would have thought Audley Harrison would have had a few 'classics' LOL!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Thu 21 Apr 2011, 3:08 pm

Cheers varelo,class fight thumbsup
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 21 Apr 2011, 3:38 pm

What about Andrew Golota vs Corey T-Rex Sanders? Cracking fight that one - neither man prepared to give an inch 8)

(Can't supply link as am at work and YouTube is blocked...)

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Thu 21 Apr 2011, 7:54 pm

Liakhovich has been in a few entertaining fights. I think it's because he's willing to take a few shots to get his own off. I remember when Liakhovich was ahead vs Briggs, but ended up getting knocked out of the ring with 10 seconds to go in the 12th.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu 21 Apr 2011, 8:18 pm

Its ironic that you mentioned this fight.

D4 wrote an article the other day regarding entertaining fights that he could suggest to a friend.
This fight was one that actually came to my mind. I didnt suggest it to him since I guessed that not many people would have seen it as it wasnt a particularly glamarous fight.

It was however, an absolute cracker!

Brewster showed real heart as he fought almost the entire fight blinded in one eye (he suffered a detached retina in the 1st). Liakhovich was probably one of the weakest HW champs of all time, but he quite an exciting fighter to watch.

As good as this fight was, I'm surprised it was voted HW fight of the decade. Due to the importence of the fight and quality of the fighters, I would assume Lewis-Vitali would have been the landslide winner.

Speaking of Vitali, his battle with Corrie Sanders is an under-rated scrap. The first four rounds are really quite intense and exciting.

Good call on the Golota-Sanders (T-Rex, not Sniper) fight. That was quite a war I remember, especially the 2nd round. Golota was involed in a fair number of entertaining bouts. Golota-Byrd was another.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down