The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

leinster fans opinions??

+5
rodders
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Sin é
greybeard
Suspicious lurker
9 posters

Go down

leinster fans opinions?? Empty leinster fans opinions??

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:30 pm

Strong statement just realised from the OLSC, quoted here

Official Leinster Supporters Club
In what we're sure will be a surprise to no one, neither of the Irish broadcast partners of the Celtic League will be showing Irelands European champions in action on friday night. This is just the latest in a long line of matches that won't be shown by Irish television. However, for those who have Satellite television, you can enjoy the game through the medium of Scots Gaelic on BBC Alba.

The OLSC is frankly tired of the attitude shown to our team by the Irish broadcast partners of the Celtic League and as such we would ask our members from now on to take a similar attitude to the rugby output of these stations.

Most Celtic League games, certainly those involving Irish and Welsh teams are shown on S4C and/or BBC2 Wales. Instructions on how to tune in these stations for Satellite television viewers are included below. We would recommend watching as many Leinster games as possible on these channels. Setanta also show delayed coverage of many games.

Six Nations games are of course available on BBC. Setanta also show delayed coverage of these games.

Thankfully, RTE have lost the rights to show highlights of HEC games, unfortunately to TG4. We would recommend watching ITVs highlights, presented as they are by leinsterman Craig Doyle. S4C also have limited highlights coverage.

We realise that it is not possible for everyone to make alternative viewing arrangements, in those situations we would ask members to make a commitment to change channels, make a cup of tea or take the dog for a short walk during ad breaks in coverage by RTE and TG4

Instructions on how to tune alternative stations into a Satellite system can be found here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055520627

What can a statement like that hope to achieve??
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

leinster fans opinions?? Empty Re: leinster fans opinions??

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Moving this to the club section OK

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:39 pm

Bit of a whinge that. I'd be happier to see us try to figure out a solution with our own national broadcasters rather than them start to see us as part of the problem.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:42 pm

greybeard wrote:Bit of a whinge that. I'd be happier to see us try to figure out a solution with our own national broadcasters rather than them start to see us as part of the problem.

I think the issue is probably the Friday night slot for RTE2 - I think they usually have a League of Ireland game on a Friday then. This should finish now as the League is finished for the season.

Yes, and its a right whinge.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:45 pm

Leinster fans are allowed opinions?! What the heck ... Run

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Because the Pro12 is no longer on Setanta we're not going to get the same level of coverage.

Thing is I'd like to see us recognising that it's the same for all the provinces, and maybe join forces with all of the supporters clubs to get together and lobby for better Pro12 coverage in general on Irish terrestrial TV. Otherwise it just looks like a spoiled brat having a right wail.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:08 pm

greybeard wrote:
Thing is I'd like to see us recognising that it's the same for all the provinces

Actually it's not...we get the Ulster games on BBCNI Smile...

Yeah the coverage has been poor this year on the Irish channels. Do RTE show any games or is it just TG4?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:13 pm

It's a mix of RTE and TG4.

Right now, they show home games of the provinces and that's it. That's pretty much how all the broadcasters are operating, apart from marquee matches. It's cheaper and the games are more or less guaranteed to be carried unless you play Italian opposition.

I'm surprised no one at the OLSC has noticed this. There's no plot to ignore Leinster. We've just had a run of games away from home and against Italian opposition, so we weren't broadcast. Our last match against Connacht was televised by TG4.

Poor research, leading to a moan.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Yeah I did notice Leinster have hardly been on this year, I think I've only seen them once but like you say this is just down to the fixtures.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:19 pm

greybeard wrote:Because the Pro12 is no longer on Setanta we're not going to get the same level of coverage.

Thing is I'd like to see us recognising that it's the same for all the provinces, and maybe join forces with all of the supporters clubs to get together and lobby for better Pro12 coverage in general on Irish terrestrial TV. Otherwise it just looks like a spoiled brat having a right wail.

Not too sure Munster supporters would be too worried about Leinster not being covered by an Irish station this Friday - Munster is playing at the same time and the game is covered on TG4.

RTE 2 is covering the Final Round of games for the Airtricity League and after that at 22 hours there is the Australia v Ireland international (aussie rules).
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:22 pm

RTE only want to show the big clubs like. Why would they want to show that shower? Shamrock Rovers would draw a bigger TV audience. Whistle

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:30 pm

I try to show reasoned, balanced thought, a Pax Munstera in a situation that will affect us all and, like Caesar, I am stabbed in the back by a brute!

Hug

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:03 pm

Anyone know what the TV ratings were like last year? I heard the Ulster matches on BBC were drawing a large audience. But I didn't hear if RTE's Magners matches were a success in terms of audience.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:16 pm

i think a problem might be when we have out games on

we seem to pander to the real fans and have the games on friday or saturday evenings at primetime tv time.

munster seem to have there games on different times which might be pandering to the tv execs

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:38 pm

Friday night at 7.30 is pandering to the Dublin based fans.

5-6 pm Saturday night is probably the optimum time for Munster fans as this allows time for travel from all over the province (and elsewhere) it means that they are not out all night getting home.

Friday night is probably out for most people outside of Limerick/Clare.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:11 pm

hughie1986 wrote:Strong statement just realised from the OLSC, quoted here

Official Leinster Supporters Club
In what we're sure will be a surprise to no one, neither of the Irish broadcast partners of the Celtic League will be showing Irelands European champions in action on friday night. This is just the latest in a long line of matches that won't be shown by Irish television. However, for those who have Satellite television, you can enjoy the game through the medium of Scots Gaelic on BBC Alba.

Really, really bad research from the Leinster supporters club:

TG4:
20:00 Rugbai Beo Munster v Aironi (Kick-off 8.30pm). Maire Treasa Ni Dhubhghaill presents all the action from the PRO12 encounter at Musgrave Park. Plus, delayed coverage of Edinburgh v Leinster at Murrayfield.

What kind of little princesses are they?

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:23 pm

I blame Shane Williams.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:36 pm

Glas a du wrote:I blame Shane Williams.

Laugh
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down