The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, Oakland, If Carson Palmer Doesn't Pan Out....

+4
adams_legend
Reggie Perrin
Grizzly
The Mangler US_UK
8 posters

Go down

Well, Oakland, If Carson Palmer Doesn't Pan Out.... Empty Well, Oakland, If Carson Palmer Doesn't Pan Out....

Post by The Mangler US_UK Thu 27 Oct 2011, 2:15 am

....JaMarcus Russell is planning a comeback.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Former-Oakland-Raiders-QB-JaMarcus-Russell-to-attempt-NFL-comeback-102611

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Well, Oakland, If Carson Palmer Doesn't Pan Out.... Empty Re: Well, Oakland, If Carson Palmer Doesn't Pan Out....

Post by Grizzly Thu 27 Oct 2011, 8:39 am

I reckon it was Russell who finally did for Al.....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Well, Oakland, If Carson Palmer Doesn't Pan Out.... Empty Re: Well, Oakland, If Carson Palmer Doesn't Pan Out....

Post by Reggie Perrin Thu 27 Oct 2011, 4:10 pm

Yeah keep chelping, Mugs!

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by adams_legend Thu 27 Oct 2011, 4:22 pm

Reggie Perrin wrote:Yeah keep chelping, Mugs!

1. What is chelping meant to mean in this sentence
2. Who is it that you are calling Mugs?

adams_legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie Perrin Thu 27 Oct 2011, 4:32 pm

If you don't know what chelping is, it's probably a slang thing that you won't be familiar with in your part of the country.

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by adams_legend Thu 27 Oct 2011, 4:37 pm

I no what chelping means just trying to figure out who you are directing your comments at

adams_legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie Perrin Thu 27 Oct 2011, 4:42 pm

What sort of question is that? is it not obvious? or are you trying to do that internet forum thing where somebody will say something that's perfectly obvious but then someone else comes along wanting a specific explanition for said obvious comment?

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Thu 27 Oct 2011, 5:24 pm

Reggie Perrin wrote:Yeah keep chelping, Mugs!

I'll be honest, i've just googled "Chelping" and none of the definitions help make your sentence make sense.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie Perrin Thu 27 Oct 2011, 5:30 pm

[/quote]I'll be honest, i've just googled "Chelping" and none of the definitions help make your sentence make sense.[/quote]

Obviously not too well informed then, are you. It's quite simple I don't understand why it's such an ussue lol

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie Perrin Thu 27 Oct 2011, 5:33 pm

Issue*

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Thu 27 Oct 2011, 7:18 pm

Living in the States for so long, I have no idea what was meant ha ha

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 27 Oct 2011, 9:05 pm

Reggie Perrin wrote:If you don't know what chelping is, it's probably a slang thing that you won't be familiar with in your part of the country.
Maybe at this point you should have explained what chelping is? Are you calling Raiders fans mugs?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie Perrin Fri 28 Oct 2011, 8:37 am

Tht's fair enough Mangler.

And no Derbyblue, I'm not.

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 28 Oct 2011, 9:37 am

Can you please explain what you meant then Reggie Perrin?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie Perrin Fri 28 Oct 2011, 9:47 am

Erm no I don't think I need to, derby me old son, I think this has been drawn out enough.

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 28 Oct 2011, 9:50 am

Can I guess that you are from somewhere in Yorkshire, where chelping would mean gossiping, and you are calling all of us mugs for commenting on the article in question?

As you appear to be the only one who understands what you mean I would say you could do with explaining it.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie Perrin Fri 28 Oct 2011, 10:08 am

If you understand the word which you've more or less got it to be fair (and it is used all over the place by the way). Then that's it. It's the usual case of when someone takes a shot(s) at your followed team, you most of the time see the funny side other times it annoys you and....... sometimes you just have to say ''keep chelping, mugs'' obviously it's not just when people are ''gossiping'' or taking shots it can be when people are constantly nagging at/about someone or something.

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Fri 28 Oct 2011, 10:23 am

Interesting, I too did a google search and got an amusing description of some fella who................ no I can't.
Suggest you all do your own google search...

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie Perrin Fri 28 Oct 2011, 10:25 am

lol yes, I think I am aware of what you found Grizzly.

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:26 pm

I doubt any team would give him a shot even if he paid them to let him play.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie Perrin Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:37 pm

A real waste of talent especially when you look at his stats from LSU, especially in 06.

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 28 Oct 2011, 5:16 pm

Ok Reggie, took me a while to find that correct meaning, and sorry the site where it said it meant gossipping and was a Yorkshire thing.

Grizzly, think it was a wise choice to the leave the description of what you found like that.

Back on topic slightly, no matter how bad Palmer turns out to be and it could go very very wrong, I don't think they would consider going back to Russell. If he can get himself back in football shape and was prepared to accept low wages I don't see why a team wouldn't at least give him a shot at proving himself in training.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Fri 28 Oct 2011, 5:46 pm

Same as TO - if he is in true NFL standard shape he may get a try out, but after this long out (as opposed to To who's issue is more age related) I can't see a team giving him a chance.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie Perrin Fri 28 Oct 2011, 5:52 pm

The talent is there but I guess it's up to him if he wants to use it.

And Derby I would'nt overly rely on ''googling'' things left right and centre because although useful meanings and sayings can mean very different things to different people and cultures from all walks of life Cool

Reggie Perrin

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Fri 28 Oct 2011, 6:23 pm

Russell reminds me a bit about Marcus Dupree (check out "the best there never was") in the sense of wasted talent and bad decisions. Dupree made a comeback of sorts but that was mostly due to his own drive and determination. I'd like to see the same happen for Russel but sadly I just don't think he's that way inclined, plus the man has already been paid, so doesn't have that incentive.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down