The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sukhotsky is Cleverly's Next Opponent.

+8
John Bloody Wayne
Waingro
Super D Boon
manos de piedra
Union Cane
Rowley
Fists of Fury
Scottrf
12 posters

Go down

Sukhotsky is Cleverly's Next Opponent. Empty Sukhotsky is Cleverly's Next Opponent.

Post by Scottrf Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:09 pm

Beat Kuziemski finished Muhammadi in 2 where Cleverly struggled. Only loss is to Braemer.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=341586&cat=boxer

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Sukhotsky is Cleverly's Next Opponent. Empty Re: Sukhotsky is Cleverly's Next Opponent.

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:12 pm

Cleverly UD, you'd have to say.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Sukhotsky is Cleverly's Next Opponent. Empty Re: Sukhotsky is Cleverly's Next Opponent.

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:13 pm

Was the winner of Hopkins vs Dawson not available?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:13 pm

Muhammadi was a late replacement when he fought Clev, who had prepared for Braemer, to be fair.

Or was that Murat?

It was somebody foreign anyway.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:14 pm

That was Kuziemski.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:17 pm

So still nothing to get excited about in Clev's future then

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:20 pm

Scottrf wrote:That was Kuziemski.

Yes, it was.

Muhammadi was a late replacement when he fought Clev, who had prepared for Lakatos, to be fair.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9238979.stm

That's what I meant. I knew he hadn't prepared for Muhammadi.

So, to summarise, that's not a fair comparison.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:24 pm

Who said it was a comparison? Just parallel facts, or more accurately a fact parallel to an opinion.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:26 pm

Ok.

Rolling Eyes

Either way, it's good to see fighters that we've only heard of due to them being featured in the Prediction League stepping up to world title level.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:30 pm

Huck is fighting Afolabi, didn't someone say he was stepping to Heavy?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:32 pm

Weak, but not surprising and understandable to some extent I guess. Even a unification with Shumenov would probably be too risky on the basis of the last showing, whatever the story was with his ribs. Not one to get excited about anyway.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:33 pm

Scottrf wrote:Huck is fighting Afolabi, didn't someone say he was stepping to Heavy?

I think he just "called out" the Klitschkos but probably just cheap publicity stunt. No sane promoter would throw him in with one at this stage.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:37 pm

Actually Sukhovsky (or however it is spelled) is a pretty decent opponent. He gave Braehmer hell and it went the distance. Can't judge as only caught bits of the fight on youtube but wouldn't mind bettinmg he was robbed against Brahmer what with it being Germany and that.

Tough opponent who can dig so shouldn't write off a guy as a bum just because he has a funny name.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:43 pm

I doubt hes a bum but to be honest how good was Braehmer even? The division is pretty weak so I would guess this guy falls into the solid but unspectacular bracket.

I hope it doesnt become a trend with Cleverly whereby he calls out Hopkins and targets unification fights in every press conference while just being a WBO defender. I actually agree he needs more fights but it becomes irratating if he starts this pr game when theres no intention of stepping up. Its weird because when boxers do this I actually think they lose credibility in the eyes of the fans rather than bigs themselves up.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:46 pm

I would prefer to see a rematch with Bellew than this guy tbh

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:47 pm

Don't want to sound like a grouch but he does have the look of a typical Warren fighter thus far, won the WBO belt without stepping in the ring to do so, fought an alleged grudge against a domestic level opponent first, made big noises about fighting the best in thw weight but when it comes to delivering we get some guy who is solid at best. Really hope I'm wrong about the kid but all looks far too familiar, may be a case with Clev of wake me up in a few years when he actually fights someone.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:50 pm

Yeah Brahmer wasn't exactly very good no but just wanna get my pennies worth in before people start accusing Cleverly of fighting bums. Sukovsky is a solid fighter who can bang but Cleverly should beat him.

I don't know with Cleverly I think he should stop calling out Hopkins but I doubt Cleverly is avoing the big tests anymore than they're avoiding him.

Cloud is ludicrously inactive for a young champion and Shumenov has to be one of the most pointless champions in boxing and seems at his happiest rading the retirement home for the likes of Joppy and Mitchell who burned out about ten years ago!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:50 pm

rowley wrote:Don't want to sound like a grouch

Unlucky.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:50 pm

I believe he has the distinction of being the first British, Commonwealth, European and World titlist to not have faced a defending champion.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:54 pm

Scottrf wrote:I believe he has the distinction of being the first British, Commonwealth, European and World titlist to not have faced a defending champion.

Not one he's likely to have on his business cards is it?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:55 pm

Froch has the distinction of being 2 time world champion without having faced the defending champion.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:58 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Froch has the distinction of being 2 time world champion without having faced the defending champion.

He faced Kessler.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:00 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:Froch has the distinction of being 2 time world champion without having faced the defending champion.

He faced Kessler.
[center]

Kessler wasn't the defending champion.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:01 pm

What has Froch got to do with this?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:03 pm

He was when he won.

Think Reverse Linear.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:04 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Think Reverse Linear.

I frequently do Union.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:05 pm

rowley wrote:
Union Cane wrote:
Think Reverse Linear.

I frequently do Union.

You and me both, it can be useful when you make a basic error, such as what I just did for example.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:05 pm

What's reverse linear? It sounds complicated and I want a pint of stella.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:06 pm

Super D Boon wrote:What's reverse linear?

Shocked
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:08 pm

Such ignorance.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:09 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:What's reverse linear?

Shocked

I despair sometimes Union, if there was ever an invite to reintroduce the series you have surely just had it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:12 pm

I've revived an old thread, I'm too busy with the UCPL to create any more.

There is a search facility on this site though, so they can be easily found.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:12 pm

It's not a bad matchup, he's just come off a close fight and this isn't a bad opponent. There are plenty of Clouds, Dawsons, Hopkins and Pascals for the future. I just hope they happen at some point..

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 29 Oct 2011, 6:40 pm

Cleverly has no intention of fighting a Hopkins, Dawson or Cloud anytime soon, and i got a feeling he will get knocked out before he gets near them. It was purely his stamina that got him past Bellew and Murat, but it will only take him so far

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 29 Oct 2011, 7:18 pm

Lance wrote:Cleverly has no intention of fighting a Hopkins, Dawson or Cloud anytime soon, and i got a feeling he will get knocked out before he gets near them. It was purely his stamina that got him past Bellew and Murat, but it will only take him so far

just stamina? very very harsh.

whilst his stamina did come into play i must also say it was down to mental toughness as in both fights there was swings where the fight went against cleverly however he managed to ride it out.

would also add in a strong chin, whilst murat isnt a huge puncher he has respectable power and natham took every shot without being stunned also against bellew who carries a strong dig he took a fair few big ones and always answered back, in fact the only time bellew seemingly hurt cleverly was one point in later stages at the end of the round he caught clev with a peach of a body shot but even that seems to have only hurt him because it aggravated an injury. (rib)

think another thing was good fundamentals kept a good jab high guard for the most of both fights. put the punches together well in terms of body to head keeps the opponent guessing.

gameplan - this was mainly against bellew but think he had a clear gameplan in terms of going to the body early and taking some of the wind out of his sails which had a huge effect on the fight late and ended up showing that he finished stronger and against murat he kept coming forward and landing good headshots with combinations until the ref and corner said no more - this again ties into mental toughness because there was a lot of times he was prepared to step through shots to get his own off showing his will to win.

also just out of curiosity who do you see knocking cleverly out until he steps up to the elite level fighters?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 29 Oct 2011, 8:55 pm

Cleverly seemingly has very little ability to box fro the outside. He rarely outjabs guys, prefering to stay up close and outspeed them on the inside which shouldn't suit a guy of his build. He needs to learn more dimensions but it's not like he hasn't got the time to.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 29 Oct 2011, 9:40 pm

Bellew was winning the fight on my cards until he tired, and if kuziemski had any power at all, i think he would hav knocked Cleverly out. he spoke about being interested in the winner of hopkins and dawson, and then went and signed for an easier fight chance he got. Shumenov beats Cleverly in view, as would Sillakh and Erdei

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 29 Oct 2011, 9:44 pm

Lance wrote:Bellew was winning the fight on my cards until he tired, and if kuziemski had any power at all, i think he would hav knocked Cleverly out. he spoke about being interested in the winner of hopkins and dawson, and then went and signed for an easier fight chance he got. Shumenov beats Cleverly in view, as would Sillakh and Erdei

correction. bellew was winning until the body punches took full effect and then he tired.
if kuziemski had power clev doesnt allow him to hit him.
hoppo and dawson = not interested.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sat 29 Oct 2011, 9:51 pm

Sorry to go off topic, but Alex are you watching prizefighter? if yes, whats happening?

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 29 Oct 2011, 9:55 pm

i watch boxing 6oldenboy.

that almost felt like an insult... i have no idea mate

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 29 Oct 2011, 10:08 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
Lance wrote:Bellew was winning the fight on my cards until he tired, and if kuziemski had any power at all, i think he would hav knocked Cleverly out. he spoke about being interested in the winner of hopkins and dawson, and then went and signed for an easier fight chance he got. Shumenov beats Cleverly in view, as would Sillakh and Erdei

correction. bellew was winning until the body punches took full effect and then he tired.

quite protective of him i see. didnt mean to touch a nerve. the fact that he was behind to Bellew at all shows hes limited in my book. Another one of Frank Warrens world champions who doesnt fight world class fighters, yet name drops them after every bout, seen it all before im afraid

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 29 Oct 2011, 10:33 pm

Lance wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

quite protective of him i see. didnt mean to touch a nerve. the fact that he was behind to Bellew at all shows hes limited in my book. Another one of Frank Warrens world champions who doesnt fight world class fighters, yet name drops them after every bout, seen it all before im afraid

mate dont think theres any malice im just giving my opinion... remain calm.
think we have all seen enough warren hype jobs to be able to spot them from a mile off.
however i think clevs pretty decent and in truth a tony bellew bringing his A game is more than a handful for most LHWs around.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 30 Oct 2011, 5:31 pm

Lance wrote:Cleverly has no intention of fighting a Hopkins, Dawson or Cloud anytime soon, and i got a feeling he will get knocked out before he gets near them. It was purely his stamina that got him past Bellew and Murat, but it will only take him so far

Purely his stamina! Did you not see the Murat fight? Obviously not. Cleverly battered him from pillar to post, inside and outside. I've always been a big time hater of German boxers and Murat was properly shown up! "purely his stamina" LOL Laugh

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 30 Oct 2011, 7:39 pm

It was probably never going to be any tougher than this. I am a bit surprised it wasn't Schumenov though.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down