The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trappatoni names squad for the Estonia games

+3
liverbnz
Crimey
6oldenbhoy
7 posters

Go down

Trappatoni names squad for the Estonia games Empty Trappatoni names squad for the Estonia games

Post by 6oldenbhoy Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:40 pm

Trappatoni has named the following squad for the Euro's playoff double header:

Shay Given (Aston Villa), Keiren Westwood (Sunderland), David Forde (Millwall); John O'Shea (Sunderland), Stephen Kelly (Fulham), Stephen Ward (Wolves), Richard Dunne (Aston Villa), Sean St Ledger (Leicester), Darren O'Dea (Leeds), Paul McShane (Hull City); Glenn Whelan (Stoke), James McCarthy (Wigan), Seamus Coleman (Everton), Keith Andrews (Ipswich), Keith Fahey (Birmingham), Darron Gibson (Manchester United), Andy Keogh (Leeds), Damien Duff (Fulham), Aiden McGeady (Spartak Moscow), Stephen Hunt (Wolves), Liam Lawrence (Portsmouth); Robbie Keane (Los Angeles Galaxy), Kevin Doyle (Wolves), Shane Long (West Brom), Simon Cox (West Brom), Jon Walters (Stoke).

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12020/7270605/Trap-names-squad-for-play-offs

I'm not happy with the forwards. Doyle suspended for the first leg, and both Long and Keane doubtful. I would have called up Stokes at the expense of Keane. Possibly Best instead of Doyle or Cox.

Still think the squad is strong enough to win comfortably enough, although the one thing I've realised as an Ireland fan is we don't do comfortable.

Thoughts?

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Trappatoni names squad for the Estonia games Empty Re: Trappatoni names squad for the Estonia games

Post by Crimey Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:44 pm

I think Best is really unlucky not to have got a call up.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Trappatoni names squad for the Estonia games Empty Re: Trappatoni names squad for the Estonia games

Post by liverbnz Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:52 pm

Keane is supposedly playing tonight so I not sure how he could be doubtful for a game 2 weeks away.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:53 pm

How Leon Best has been overlooked, especially if three other strikers are doubtful or definitely out of the games, I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:54 pm

"Captain Robbie Keane has been included in the squad despite doubts over his fitness after he missed the final qualifier against Armenia through injury."

From the link posted.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 28 Oct 2011, 3:56 pm

still no wes hoolahan hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:01 pm

Shane Long shouldnt be there becuase he's out for 6 weeks and probably wont feature anyway, Stokes or Best should have gotten a call up

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:11 pm

English people don't understand Trap's mindset. The thought of picking an attacking midfielder like Wes would terrify him. I love Hoolahan and he has been a great player since his LOI days. Trap is a rigid manager and his gameplan is old and past it. Ireland need a new manager.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:16 pm

Thomond wrote:English people don't understand Trap's mindset. The thought of picking an attacking midfielder like Wes would terrify him. I love Hoolahan and he has been a great player since his LOI days. Trap is a rigid manager and his gameplan is old and past it. Ireland need a new manager.

Heresy!

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Fri 28 Oct 2011, 4:53 pm

Its maddness that we will at best have 3 fit strikers for the first match, Trap needs to be sacked if we lose or when we are stuffed out of the Euros. Change is needed. Fast.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down