The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was The Indian GP The Most Boring of 2011 ?

+2
The Special Juan
erictheblueuk
6 posters

Go down

Was The Indian GP The Most Boring of 2011 ?  Empty Was The Indian GP The Most Boring of 2011 ?

Post by erictheblueuk Sun 30 Oct 2011, 11:31 am

Apart from the Hammy and Massa incident I thought it was instantly forgettable. What do you guys think?
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Was The Indian GP The Most Boring of 2011 ?  Empty Re: Was The Indian GP The Most Boring of 2011 ?

Post by The Special Juan Sun 30 Oct 2011, 12:03 pm

It wasn't the best, but the European Grand Prix will always be the worst of the season. Nothing ever happens there.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Was The Indian GP The Most Boring of 2011 ?  Empty Re: Was The Indian GP The Most Boring of 2011 ?

Post by Critical_mass Sun 30 Oct 2011, 12:06 pm

Yeah i agree, wasnt the most exciting but for the first race at the track it wasnt bad at all... though hope it improves. Love the track layout though Very Happy

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 12:07 pm

that was the most shocking formula 1 race i've ever witnessed. Great facility, great atmosphere but the track is needs much improvement for next season, including maximising the overtaking opportunity at those wide corners. Truly boring race and the expected vettel domination was entirely expected. As soon as the stewards placed hamilton back among the field including near massa in a position he shouldnt be in, then they were asking for trouble and look what happenend. dreadful season. as for mark webber you are a digrace and a embarrasment, for the good of f1 hamilton much join red bull, otherwise next season will turn out like this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Sun 30 Oct 2011, 12:15 pm

For someone who watches formula 1 every now and again which includes watching parts of today's race, can I ask why a few people have said Webber is a disgrace?

Is it because he protects Vettel more then actually going for his own win?

Example being, cutting up Alonso and others at the start?

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 12:21 pm

Mark Webber is driving a Red Bull. That car is without doubt the fastest, most reliable racing car on the grid currently. He has failed to win (or even look like) achieving a race win this entire season. He constantly loses position on the starting grid, he fails to match Vettel during practice, qualifiying and as for races......well his performances are truly shocking and unforgivable. Anyone who defends Mark Webber this season, truly needs to look at themselves. He is single handely making Vettel look 'untouchable'. If Alonso or Hamilton were driving a Red Bull, then there is no way this era of domination would be occuring. Truly embarrasing.

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Sun 30 Oct 2011, 12:29 pm

John wrote:Mark Webber is driving a Red Bull. That car is without doubt the fastest, most reliable racing car on the grid currently. He has failed to win (or even look like) achieving a race win this entire season. He constantly loses position on the starting grid, he fails to match Vettel during practice, qualifiying and as for races......well his performances are truly shocking and unforgivable. Anyone who defends Mark Webber this season, truly needs to look at themselves. He is single handely making Vettel look 'untouchable'. If Alonso or Hamilton were driving a Red Bull, then there is no way this era of domination would be occuring. Truly embarrasing.

All fair points, I wasn't defending just asking as I haven't seen the entire season

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 30 Oct 2011, 1:09 pm

the race was yawnnnn. webber has totally lost the plot, if he ever was a good driver he sure isnt any more

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun 30 Oct 2011, 2:20 pm

erictheblueuk wrote:Apart from the Hammy and Massa incident I thought it was instantly forgettable. What do you guys think?

Arguably, yes. Nearly as bad as that first race of last season. And if the stewards had gone in favour of Massa, meaning that the most exciting overtake of the race was deemed illegal (as they probably would have done a few weeks ago) then that would have meant that we officially have no right to expect ordered racing and the 'managed' racing of Jenson Button is the new excitement

It's interesting that F1's two best drivers, Alonso and Hamilton (simply because they are the most capable of the most jaw dropping racing) even seem to have had their F1 life kicked out of them so such is the insipid nature of today's F1

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun 30 Oct 2011, 2:28 pm

John wrote:Mark Webber is driving a Red Bull. That car is without doubt the fastest, most reliable racing car on the grid currently. He has failed to win (or even look like) achieving a race win this entire season. He constantly loses position on the starting grid, he fails to match Vettel during practice, qualifiying and as for races......well his performances are truly shocking and unforgivable. Anyone who defends Mark Webber this season, truly needs to look at themselves. He is single handely making Vettel look 'untouchable'. If Alonso or Hamilton were driving a Red Bull, then there is no way this era of domination would be occuring. Truly embarrasing.

Thoroughly agree!! Yet to hear Brundle and Coulthard talk, you'd think he was the best F1 driver going who was just a bit unlucky. If that's their opinion of him then no wonder they think Vettel is the best driver in F1 Whistle

But these two clowns also seemed to think that Hamilton was more at fault for a legitimate passing move, because he dared to - well I dunno.. overtake???!!!! The most daring overtaking move of the day and it's 'tut tut Lewis, how dare you'!!

Maybe I'm getting a little bit too carefree in my older age, but isn't F1 a sport where we are supposed to applaud the daring overtakes and poor scorn on any over-reliance for 'track management'

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 30 Oct 2011, 2:49 pm

banbrotam wrote:
Maybe I'm getting a little bit too carefree in my older age, but isn't F1 a sport where we are supposed to applaud the daring overtakes and poor scorn on any over-reliance for 'track management'

Not anymore apparently. F1 seems to have changed where tyre and fuel management are all that counts, plus waiting for the DRS zone to over take - really is a poor state of affairs.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 30 Oct 2011, 7:44 pm

I'm not going to defend Webber, I agree he's let the fans down by not doing much on track, but I do have one question.

Do you really think Webber has EXACTLY the same car as Vettel? I don't...
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun 30 Oct 2011, 10:42 pm

TSC wrote:I'm not going to defend Webber, I agree he's let the fans down by not doing much on track, but I do have one question.

Do you really think Webber has EXACTLY the same car as Vettel? I don't...

Fair point

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down