The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What will be the best 6 Nations match of 2012?

+24
Yoda
Pot Noodle Miner
England rugby fan
Glas a du
slartibartfast
maestegmafia
beshocked
Knowsit17
tomathy
eirebilly
Comfort
mystiroakey
Geordie
Metal Tiger
Taffineastbourne
red_stag
cabbagesandbrussels
Cari
Boyne
George Carlin
munkian
Rava
RuggerRadge2611
Trevor Brennan Rugby Tour
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What will be the best 6 Nations match of 2012? - Page 2 Empty What will be the best 6 Nations match of 2012?

Post by Trevor Brennan Rugby Tour Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:10 am

First topic message reminder :

It was a class World Cup and I reckon it'll be a mad 6 nations with teams taking that world cup rivalry a step further.

In the world cup Ireland lost to Wales, England lost to France, Wales lost to France, Scotland lost to England and Italy lost to Ireland.

On top of that factor in the usual 6 nations stakes - calcutta cup, le crunch, triple crown, wooden spoons, grandslam deciders and the amazing trips to Paris, Dublin, London, Edinburgh, Rome and Cardiff.

What you reckon will be best match.

From an Irish view I'm delighted we get to take on Wales first though england v ireland on Paddys Day will be excellent too.

http://www.trevorbrennanrugbytours.com/

Back to top Go down

What will be the best 6 Nations match of 2012? - Page 2 Empty Re: What will be the best 6 Nations match of 2012?

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:04 pm

its not a big game- it really isnt.

but if you want to big the game up all the best- just not sure why you would your not italian or english

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

What will be the best 6 Nations match of 2012? - Page 2 Empty Re: What will be the best 6 Nations match of 2012?

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:11 pm

red italy will be trgetting the game v scotland as the most important- they will offcourse be well up for the game v england no doubts- but to cause an upset like what they did against france this year is surely way to much to ask two years running.

ireland will want revenge on wales

wales will wont revenge against france

england will want to quash the bad performances against scotland

scotland will be wanting revenge v england

france will want to humiliate italy and beat all others- they are the obvious favourites.

but i am sure none of us can call the 6n's winner at present

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:13 pm

I can actually understand where stag is coming from Mysti. Its not in a hope that Italy beat England, more that it is a huge potential shock in the making.

Last season, Italy very nearly beat Ireland and only lost to a drop goal. Theylater beat France.
This season they will have a new manager that they will be playing their hearts out for and a in a new stadium.
I dont expect England to lose but the potential is high, i would'nt want Ireland to be playing against them first match for these exact reasons.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:16 pm

eirbilly ireland wiped the floor with them 36 nill ion a neutral ground. you played worse than shocking in the 6n's.

england shouldnt have a problem, its not a big game to any of us english. the big ones are all the others in comparsion- its realloy that simple

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:20 pm

Yes Ireland beat them on neutral ground but Italy in Ital are a very difficult opposition.

Whenever a new manager comes in, the players want to do their best for him so they play their hearts out. That coupled with the fact that they are playing in a new stadium makes it a huge potential.

If Ireland were playing instead of England, i would be very concerned about the potential defeat because of these factors, regardless of the win a few weeks back.

You know i am not anti English, i am just seeing this as it is.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:22 pm

mystiroakey wrote:eirbilly ireland wiped the floor with them 36 nill ion a neutral ground. you played worse than shocking in the 6n's.

england shouldnt have a problem, its not a big game to any of us english. the big ones are all the others in comparsion- its realloy that simple

They finally really did it ! You Maniacs! You made mystiroakey your spokesman ! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!!! Shocked
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:23 pm

i dont understand your thought process- so are you telling me you are looking at italy v england as a stand out match in the upcoming 6n's as red stag does

because if ireland were playing them in italy- i cant think of one fan (english or otherwise) that would see it as being a big game

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:24 pm

munkian wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:eirbilly ireland wiped the floor with them 36 nill ion a neutral ground. you played worse than shocking in the 6n's.

They finally really did it ! You Maniacs! You made mystiroakey your spokesman ! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!!! Shocked

What will be the best 6 Nations match of 2012? - Page 2 57983 what the heck are you talking about

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:26 pm

I am looking at it as a match to watch because of the potential for a shock, yes. To be honest, it would'nd matter if it was Ireland, Wales, France or England that would be playing them first up as i would think the same for all of them. Its not against England at all.
It may not be a standout match but its defo one to keep an eye on.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:28 pm

eirebilly surely all the matches are worth watching. not just the one game where there is a supposed chance of a shock

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:31 pm

mystiroakey wrote:eirebilly surely all the matches are worth watching. not just the one game where there is a supposed chance of a shock

So what the point in this thread then ? People are specualting what matches could be stand out ones - as Italy v England is one of the first it has the potential to be a shocker - especially as England don't have any other matches inbetween their last attempt at international rugby and this one.

You're just getting precious because England were mentioned... awww... Hug
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:32 pm

Ok we just lave it there Mysti. I am not against England at all i just find matches with a potential for a shock interesting.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:33 pm

munlian why dont you mention what games you think will be big and get off my case. england is mentioned everywhere by other fans- thats normal- people have an obbsesion , just trying to get to grips with why?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:36 pm

eirebilly wrote:Ok we just lave it there Mysti. I am not against England at all i just find matches with a potential for a shock interesting.

or you could just explain why you feel a game against the 6n's holders and the worst team in the 6n's by some distance is a 'must watch game' other than it could cause a shock.

there are so many games to watch over this one

wales- englkand
wales ireland
england scotland
france england
france wales
france ireland
etc etc

proper rugby matches and why we love the 6n's

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Pretty sure that i explained my reasons...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:41 pm

basically to explain my point in a way you might understand its like saying that the tonga v france gamne was a better game than the wales v france game in this years world cup

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:46 pm

this thread has become something akin to the twilight zone.

Simple truth is I look forward to all the matches. Italy v England will be a very special game since it's the 1st one to be played at the new home for Italian rugby.

England might well be more than a wee bit concerned when going there. Italy are a tough nut to crack at home as the French, the Welsh and the Scots have all shown recently. Having 60000 of their countrymen packed into a stadium rather than 35000 will have a massive impact on players from both sides.

I'm nervous about Scotlands chances there too and I would not call it an upset if they turned us over. Since I don't think England are that much better than us I would think England will struggle too.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:47 pm

mystiroakey wrote:basically to explain my point in a way you might understand its like saying that the tonga v france gamne was a better game than the wales v france game in this years world cup

it was, the Wales game was a stodgy affair of 14 trying to overpower 15 and failing when it mattered most and the other 15 doing all they could to be bore the living Poopie out of everyone.

Tonga were full value for their win. mo1

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:49 pm

also, everyones going to have different opinions on what they think will be the most entertaining game, for a plethora of reasons covered in variables.

chill pills are probably needed when people are arguing about what games they think could be entertaining.......

jeeeeeeeeeeez. boxing

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:49 pm

mystiroakey wrote:munlian why dont you mention what games you think will be big and get off my case. england is mentioned everywhere by other fans- thats normal- people have an obbsesion , just trying to get to grips with why?

Ok -

Italy v England is one of the first it has the potential to be a shocker - especially as England don't have any other matches inbetween their last attempt at international rugby and this one.

There thumbsup

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:49 pm

the games could turn into a struggle. but lets be honest here the title is simple and its asking what will be the best game of the 6nations.

a struggle against a goodish side against a poorish one in a dog fight in italy

or the other potential match ups we have.

its a no brainer

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:52 pm

munkian wrote:
Italy v England is one of the first it has the potential to be a shocker - especially as England don't have any other matches inbetween their last attempt at international rugby and this one.

There thumbsup

Well they do play us on the opening weekend so what you have said is kind of true laughing
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:55 pm

well yeah if we look at it in respect of whats the biggest game coming up

then to me its italy v england.

but after that it will be the next england game!

and then the next etc etc

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Comfort wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:basically to explain my point in a way you might understand its like saying that the tonga v france gamne was a better game than the wales v france game in this years world cup

it was, the Wales game was a stodgy affair of 14 trying to overpower 15 and failing when it mattered most and the other 15 doing all they could to be bore the living Poopie out of everyone.

Tonga were full value for their win. What will be the best 6 Nations match of 2012? - Page 2 217445939

not for me pal- you just hated it because you lost- wales came back at the french hard core it was one hell off an exiting finish.

france just underperformed in a big way for the tongans to win-= it wasnt a quality game- but then if people just hold out for upsets over big games like england v france or nz v france, or wales v australia, or south africa v nz, or wales v ireland then i suppose thats up to you!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:00 pm

mystiroakey wrote:the games could turn into a struggle. but lets be honest here the title is simple and its asking what will be the best game of the 6nations.

a struggle against a goodish side against a poorish one in a dog fight in italy

or the other potential match ups we have.

its a no brainer

There's no guarantee that the other games will be quality though. And I think you are showing alot of disrespect to Italy.

I'm realy looking forward to England Wales as I think theres a good chance it will be the 3rd time I will have seen Wales beat England at home

Also Ireland v Wales has become a grudge match and I have an Oirish Girlfreind and a Norn Oirish housemate so there could be some world class banter TM
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:02 pm

munkian at last i get the games you are really looking forward to!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:06 pm

I am looking forward to Italy England though, Im looking forward to Italy potentially taking another big scalp
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:11 pm

Mysti, i dont think you are in any position to judge why i didnt or did enjoy a game.

And in my opinion the Tonga vs France game was a better game. My opinion differs to yours, dont tell me im wrong.

Dont see why thats hard to get......

Rolling Eyes

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:12 pm

well i am not- because for obvious reasons- i dont want to loose it.

but you make the point i have been expressing.i would never look forward to a potential upset in the same way you are looking forward to it! for instance if it was wales v italy first up. I would certainly watch it- i watch all the games , but if i had to pick a few to watch that would be at the bottom of the list- and would never be hailed as a classic or a best match of a tourny.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by tomathy Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:13 pm

red_stag wrote:
Scotland v England: The oldest rivalry in rugby. People still take the Calcutta Cup seriosuly. A close World Cup campaign between the two of them and Scotland will no doubt be champing at the bit to take England on in Murrayfield.

The actual game between Scotland and England may have been close but their overall world cup records were anything but.
tomathy
tomathy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:18 pm

Comfort wrote:Mysti, i dont think you are in any position to judge why i didnt or did enjoy a game.

And in my opinion the Tonga vs France game was a better game. My opinion differs to yours, dont tell me im wrong.

Dont see why thats hard to get......

Rolling Eyes

ok man but i know that i allways enjoy a win or even an upset(neatral) over my home team losing anysay of the week. It stands to reason thats all.

but if we talk about what wa sthe higher quality game- which was allways my poiont then wales v france tiped the balance over tonga v france, and the fact is it was down to the wire- great game from a neatral- if it was england(as wales) then id be gutted and that feeling would override my true thoughts of the game

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:25 pm

i thought the Wales france game was decent, and it was contested down to the wire, but by that point we already knew that Wales were struggling to kick the pressure points and for all the hard work of getting into scoring positions, fluffed numerous chances. A bit more of an arm-wrestle i guess you could call it.

The tonga-france game was probably my favourite of the tournament, it just felt like something special was happening all game long! mo1

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:32 pm

my only concern with the france v tonga was that france did what they needed to and not much more- it was a handicap game from the satrt

the best game (quality) for me was the oz v south africa or the oz v nz.

i felt abit gutted for south africa after the game becaquse i though there were hard done by but all the same great rugby(bad reffing)

next up probally ireland v wales- that certainly turned my head

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:46 pm

we dont talk about the Oz vs SA result/the reffing anymore, no good for Biltong's health!!

And yeah, France may have turned it up at the end, but are we sure Tonga didnt take their foot off the gas? Wink

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:06 pm

For once it's actually more challenging to single out the unimportant games (Italy v Scotland and France v Italy to name two). I feel every game in 2012 could be a thriller in terms of excitement if not expectation and championship influence.

Going to be a real grudge-fest next year. When's the last time so many NH sides clashed in the same RWC? I think this is the most open we've had the 6N in years, every side looks well capable of notching up a win or two at least. Difficult to single out potential Grand Slammers and Wooden Spooners.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Cari wrote:

Anyway, back on topic...is anyone going to any Six Nations games next year?

Cari, I hope to be at Ireland v Wales and Ireland V Scotland. Glas, I think, is planning to come over so why don't you put a few sheckles away and come wif him?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:18 pm

Ill sort you out Cari :-)
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Who seriously thinks Scotland vs England will be the best 6 nations match? Has it ever been? Generally it's a bore fest.

Italy vs England again won't be the best. Either a cricket score win for England, or a tight encounter - probably bore fest which could go either way.

Ireland vs Wales or Wales vs France in my opinion will be the matches to watch.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:26 pm

It'll be a game when 50+ points are scored with less than 7 between the sides at the end. Let's hope there is one.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:27 pm

beshocked wrote:Who seriously thinks Scotland vs England will be the best 6 nations match? Has it ever been? Generally it's a bore fest.

Italy vs England again won't be the best. Either a cricket score win for England, or a tight encounter - probably bore fest which could go either way.

Ireland vs Wales or Wales vs France in my opinion will be the matches to watch.

What will be the best 6 Nations match of 2012? - Page 2 732107

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:30 pm

really trying to work out if its just that people like to see england fail, that or an underdog mentality- but notheless how could it ever be considerd the best game with the potential matches we have to come is beyond belief.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:33 pm

Wales France and Wales Ireland should be vengeful crackers, can't wait for them after the recent RWC games.

I agree with the above, everyone loves to see the underdog cause an upset.

Italy against England in Rome, and a Calcutta match in Edinburgh look like the two most likely upsets, England struggled to win in Rome last year ago and italy were smoked at HQ this year, Scotland could have beaten England twice this year, two games where they had them on the ropes and couldn't finish them off...! A partisan Rome and Murrayfield will make for a tricky season for England.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:44 pm

I just hope there are some good games so we can stop hearing the whining about Warburton's red card.

Ireland v France should be a good one I reckon.

The top four are all pretty much of a muchness (sorry Scotland and Italy) so the games between them could be crackers.

To be honest I thought the world cup was fairly mediocre so hoping the Heineken Cup and 6Ns are better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:53 pm

red_stag wrote:Ill sort you out Cari :-)

Might take you up on that Staggeroony Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:09 pm

its such a tough one to call- but the main match up after the world cup must be wales v france- hopefully the game will have 15 men per team.

hopefully all of englands games will be non events and easy wins What will be the best 6 Nations match of 2012? - Page 2 1479719350

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Ireland v Wales
Wales v Scotland
Wales v Italy
England v Wales
Wales v France - gs decider
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:03 pm

slartibartfast wrote:Ireland v Wales
Wales v Scotland
Wales v Italy
England v Wales
Wales v France - gs decider

Picked some goodies there mate.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:05 pm

slartibartfast wrote:Wales v France - gs decider

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:19 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
slartibartfast wrote:Wales v France - gs decider

Laugh

Bless my sweet potatoes!

Believe!
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:41 am

Rava wrote:From an Irish perspective I am looking forward to the encounter with Wales. An opportunity to redress the balance.

And me. Did o tell you I'm coming to Dublin? Yahoo
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next