The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crazy fighters

5 posters

Go down

Crazy fighters Empty Crazy fighters

Post by azania Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:41 am

You know the type I'm talking about. Those who would cause mayhem both inside and outside the ring. I'm referring to the Mayogas, The Jorge Paez, Tysons, Camachos, Hameds of this world. Where are they now? Are there any 'fun' characters in boxing today? Boxers who make jaw dropping comments outside the ring, yet back it up with excitement inside the ring. I cant think of any. May now try to be humble, respectful and 'nice'. All so boring. Floyd is the last of a dying breed. Are there any left. Haye seems to be fun outside the ring and his interviews are fun (more interesting that his fights). The Klits are boring inside and outside the ring.

Manny is boring outside the ring but fun to watch. Who is left?

azania

Back to top Go down

Crazy fighters Empty Re: Crazy fighters

Post by HumanWindmill Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:17 am

I know what you mean, azania.

One of my favourites was Johnny Tapia. What a great character he was, and how we could do with him now.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffSnapes Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:20 am

Johnny Tapia's life story is the craziest i've ever heard. Very sad in so many ways, but unbelievable how he triumphed over such adversity.

GeoffSnapes

http://www.konkura.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:27 am

GeoffSnapes wrote:Johnny Tapia's life story is the craziest i've ever heard. Very sad in so many ways, but unbelievable how he triumphed over such adversity.

Absolutely, Geoff.

Darned good fighter when he wanted to be, too.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:32 am

GeoffSnapes wrote:Johnny Tapia's life story is the craziest i've ever heard. Very sad in so many ways, but unbelievable how he triumphed over such adversity.

Its a lifelong battle for him. But has he really triumphed yet. I read somewhere that he had some issues with the law recently. Hope it works out for him and hope he remains in boxing. Many people (boxers and non boxers) could learn a lot from him.

Great, great fighter and seemed a gentleman inside the ring towards his opponents (after the fight obviously).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Giant Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:04 pm

The latest was Valero...
Green Giant
Green Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Mayorga is definitely our crazy man of today, just hope we get one in the next generation of boxers.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down