The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Q&A with Fists of Fury - The Answers!

+3
guildfordbat
JDizzle
Fists of Fury
7 posters

Go down

Q&A with Fists of Fury - The Answers! Empty Q&A with Fists of Fury - The Answers!

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:45 pm

Cricketfan: People asked when quiz, would start, so i started it. Can u explain why no one has handed in answers?

Because they’re all thick and don’t know the answers.

Jdizzle: Ellyse Perry or Danielle Wyatt?

Danielle Wyatt…not much I wouldn’t do to her.

Jdizzle: I am currently trying to grow a moustache with my rugby team for Movember, any tips?

Go for the handlebar look, the ladies love it. Also, apply plenty of miracle-gro to the desired area before bed each night.

Jdizzle: When you become an Admin, do you get a "kill them" button appear next to posts? Have you ever used this button?

We get a big red button, but last time I used that there was a tsunami in Japan. I have used the ‘kill’ button a fair few times thus far, too, used it once today in fact!

Sainty: What's it truly like working with me?

I spend a lot of the time feeling sorry for myself. In truth, it’s handy, you take some of the rough edges off the troublemakers before I step in with my kill button.

GG: Being an admin, do you feel an overwhelming sense of superiority when having discussions with ordinary members?

Being incredibly intelligent I do anyway, being an admin has nothing to do with it Wink

Stella: Were you a member on the old 606 and if so, what was your moniker?

I was indeed. You’ll be delighted to know that I went through phases on the old 606, started off being a serious poster, before switching to part-time serious part-time WUM. Given the appalling moderation back then, it was easier to become a WUM than to be baited by them. Blox15 was my initial account, before it was banned in one afternoon of madness. I then returned under another account, which I also got banned, before finally settling on Fists of Fury, which I used briefly prior to closure.

Shanky: Who is your favourite and least favourite poster(excluding Sonic)?

Favourite – presuming we are talking about the cricket section only, I’m going to have to go with Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler here, just for the fact that many of his posts are dripping with sarcasm, and rarely fail to make me laugh. Honorable mention to Guildford whose sheer knowledge and good grace is always a pleasure to read.

Sainty: Fists, I know I'm a joy to work with, but how does it really feel to bathe in my excellence?

Tried bathing in it, it gave me a dodgy rash. Turns out it was excrement, as opposed to excellent.

GG: Favourite beer?

In the UK – boring choice but Carling is what I drink. Enjoy a doombar now and again. Outside of the UK I enjoy a Bulgarian lager, Shamensko. Very nice, and have sank plenty of it on my skiing trips.

Gregers: What is the best thing about the cricket section?

The knowledge contained within, and the harmony. I’m confident we all learn plenty from each other with our differing opinions, but when we disagree we do so gracefully and rarely cross the line into a slanging match. This is pretty commendable, and I rarely see it happen on other boards.

Gregers: What do you believe is my problem with KP?

He declined to give you an autograph once. Either that or you are a county bowler that he has demolished in to the stands a few times.

Cricketfan: what do you think of the controversial tomato debate?

It’s fruitless…

Shanky: Your thoughts on some of the regular cricket poster on this site?

Shanky – tends to wind people up at times, but generally good natured.
CF – shocking ‘greatest team’ lists, quick to jump to conclusions but a loveable rogue.
Guildford – as old as time itself, but immensely knowledgeable and witty.
Jdizzle – asks bizarre questions!
Stella – knows his stuff.
Msp – our chief Indian correspondent. Takes victory and defeat with equal good grace.
Gregers – unjustified dislike of KP, and a terrible judge of player! But – a top bloke.
Biltongtek – our Siff Ifrican correspondent. Thinks ABDV is better than KP, but I’ll let him off, we all make mistakes Wink
MFC – another that knows his stuff, mad.
Hoggy – another really knowledgeable chap.
PSBW – crazy, very humourous.
GG – good poster.
Corporal – even older than Guildford?

Anyone I’ve missed?

Cricketfan: Danielle Wyatt or elyse perry or Laura marsh?

Wyatt again.

Jdizzle: Does toast always land butter side up? What if you butter both sides? Or butter neither?

I’d imagine it lands butter side down, just to make a mess. Butter both and a butter side will indeed be up. Butter none and an unbuttered side will be up…

Jdizzle: Favourite Pringles flavour.

Ready salted, boringly enough.

Jdizzle: Best personal cricket memory?

Playing myself would either be hitting my first six, a huge swipe over midwicket, or bowling the last over where the opposition needed 9 from it, castling their last proper batsman with the first ball and only going for 2 runs in the rest of the over. In terms of watching, it has to be Freddie Flintoff’s over against the Aussies in 05 where he had Ponting in all kinds of trouble before removing him and then Langer (I think). One of the best overs ever.

Jdizzle: Cricket or Boxing?

You swine, horrible question to ask me. Really can’t split the two, absolutely love them both and watch/chat about them religiously.

Mat: I'm clearly your favourite poster, but what is it that makes me so great?

I’d say it is your modesty, Mat.

Mat: What football team do you support?

Aston Villa.

Mat: Who is your favourite cricketer?

Batsman - Kevin Pietersen or AB De Villiers – awesome to watch at their best. Tendulkar goes without saying – simply sublime at his best.

Bowler – James Anderson by a country mile when it’s swinging, honorable mention to Dale Steyn.

Of those that have retired I’d say Gilchrist, Warne and Lara were three I was always glued to the screen watching.

Mat: Funniest thing you have ever seen?

Villa beating Blues 5-1 was pretty funny. You know, there are so many hilarious things I have seen but I’m struggling to think of one that would sound funny to you lot – most of them were a case of ‘you had to be there at the time’.

Jdizzle: Should Sam Warburton have been sent off in the World Cup Semi Final for Wales?

As a man that is ¼ Welsh maybe I’m slightly biased, but no he shouldn’t. Sin bin at worst. Massive shame, Wales would have beaten NZ in the final, for my money.

Last edited by Fists of Fury on Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Q&A with Fists of Fury - The Answers! Empty Re: Q&A with Fists of Fury - The Answers!

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:51 pm

quality fists superb mate

Back to top Go down

Q&A with Fists of Fury - The Answers! Empty Re: Q&A with Fists of Fury - The Answers!

Post by JDizzle Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:04 pm

Asks bizarre questions?! The Toast-Butter paradox is not a ridiculous question!If toast always lands butter side up, and if there is no butter on either side of the toast it implies that the toast cannot land butter side up and this paradox should create a tear in the space time continuum that will result in a black hole that sucks our entire universe to a singularity point and the end of everything.

So butter your toast.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Fists - I did wonder about sending you a message inscribed in stone but thought I'd try another of these modern fangled electric posts.

Well done! Top notch answers. Particularly liked your comment about ''the harmony'' on the cricket section.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:37 pm

Laugh

Jdizzle...you are a mentalist.

Guildford, yeah it is nice, a number of sections break down into bickering wherever there is a difference of opinion (which obviously happens fairly regularly on a forum), but this one does seem to get through a debate pretty smoothly, accepting the views of others. Great to see, and makes my life a heck of a lot easier.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:12 am

December 21st, 2012. If the world ends because you don't butter your toast Fists, I will be displeased and I would hope you would be downgraded to only a Mod if you caused the apocalypse.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:39 am

JD - I believe you are going to have to make a choice between campaigning on behalf of the merits of Eddie Barlow or the effects of dropping buttered toast. It may be a difficult choice but I'm sure you know my view. After all, toast (buttered or otherwise) never played for the Rest of the World in that 1970 series .... Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:55 am

Laugh

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:34 am

Good work Fists.

Who's up next?Is there any chance of a Q/A with Gregers? Wink

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:39 am

i think its just mod/admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:38 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
.....Guildford – as old as time itself.....
.....Corporal – even older than Guildford?
Shocked Shocked Erm

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:53 pm

He missed me out...

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:25 pm

Haha! I didn't bother mentioning the other admins/mods Saint, was intentional Wink

Corporal, I thought you were brought up watching WG Grace?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:28 pm

It's because I know I'm your real favourite..

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:29 pm

Hug

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:02 am

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:
.....Guildford – as old as time itself.....
.....Corporal – even older than Guildford?
Shocked Shocked Erm

Corporal - I notice you have edited out Fists' references to me being ''immensely knowledgeable and witty''. Whilst I'm not too chuffed about being described ''as old as time itself'', I do seem to come out of it comparatively well ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:55 pm

[quote="guildfordbat"][quote="Corporalhumblebucket"]
Fists of Fury wrote:

Corporal - I notice you have edited out Fists' references to me being ''immensely knowledgeable and witty''. Whilst I'm not too chuffed about being described ''as old as time itself'', I do seem to come out of it comparatively well ....

Guildford - yes, sorry and it was a fully justified compliment that certainly bears repetition ! In that particular post I was just focusing on the age issue. Wink

Right everyone, time for the top ten dinosaurs:

1) Brontasaurus
2) Stegasaurus
3) the ICC
4) S Blatter
5)?

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:11 pm

[quote="Corporalhumblebucket"][quote="guildfordbat"]
Fists of Fury wrote:

Guildford - yes, sorry and it was a fully justified compliment that certainly bears repetition ! In that particular post I was just focusing on the age issue. Wink

1) Brontasaurus
2) Stegasaurus
3) the ICC
4) S Blatter
5) (Sachin,Dravid and Laxman)

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:13 pm

[quote="Fists of Fury"]

Shanky – tends to wind people up at times, but generally good natured.
CF – shocking ‘greatest team’ lists, quick to jump to conclusions but a loveable rogue.
Guildford – as old as time itself, but immensely knowledgeable and witty.
Jdizzle – asks bizarre questions!
Stella – knows his stuff.
Msp – our chief Indian correspondent. Takes victory and defeat with equal good grace.
Gregers – unjustified dislike of KP, and a terrible judge of player! But – a top bloke.
Biltongtek – our Siff Ifrican correspondent. Thinks ABDV is better than KP, but I’ll let him off, we all make mistakes Wink
MFC – another that knows his stuff, mad.
Hoggy – another really knowledgeable chap.
PSBW – crazy, very humourous.
GG – good poster.
Corporal – even older than Guildford?

Anyone I’ve missed?

hodge - easily missed Sad

Wink

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:54 pm

Fists of Fury wrote: Corporal, I thought you were brought up watching WG Grace?
Grace - at one time I thought he was fine prospect. Haven't seen much of him recently.... Headscratch

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Hodge Hug knew I'd miss someone!!

...great bloke!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:13 pm

1) Brontasaurus
2) Stegasaurus
3) the ICC
4) S Blatter
5)?

Corporal - thank you for your earlier very kind comments although I actually think they apply far more to you.

Anyway, moving on to your top ten dinosaurs. With Mrs Bat getting ready to commandeer the television for an hour and a half of Strictly Come Dancing , Bruce Forsyth now seems a clear and obvious choice.

PS Have you seen Fists' latest 5 possibles for the Hall of Fame? Looking forward to your boyhood memories of Ken Barrington.

PPS Mrs Bat does not appear to accept Mrs Humblebucket's 30 mile drive to London to deliver your West Ham tickets as a suitable precedent for good wifely conduct Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:24 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Hodge Hug knew I'd miss someone!!

...great bloke!

too late boxing

laughing

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down