The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cena finally turning Heel?

+12
Kane'sDemon
Y2James
crippledtart
Brady12
Dr Gregory House MD
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
The Rocks Microphone
Mr H
TwisT
Lex-Express
liverbnz
Kay Fabe
16 posters

Go down

Cena finally turning Heel? Empty Cena finally turning Heel?

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:43 am

OK so the John Cena heel turn might be the most speculated subject in Pro Wrestling, while I've felt he should have done this for a while now, I've never felt like it's such a possibility as it is right now

This all came to me after watching RAW and Cena's words on Twitter following RAW

Cena beat Miz and kicked the crap out of Truth on RAW by himself basically rendering the need for Rock to be his partner pointless, while it's not beyond the WWE to make such ridiculous booking decisions, I can't see them not planning Rock's comeback match thoroughly, any random WWE guy like Orton or Punk I could maybe see them not thinking through but not Rock, not when they are planning the biggest WWE match in a decade

Also added to that Cena hits twitter and starts claiming he doesn't trust Rock and questions if Rock is only going to show up to turn on him, if this isn't part of a heel turn it only goes to show that despite being the biggest name in the biz, Cena knows jack about it, it was Cena who sought out and requested Rock get involved not Rock so if he doesn't trust him why not take back the offer, he's alreadt dealt with Truth and Miz by himself anyway, why bother withthe risk?

Also, this has a certain Bash at the Beach 96 feel to it, we've got a big tag match main event, we have two renegades as the heels, guys who where 'invading' events when 'the didn't have a job' and there is a Wrestling Superstar slated to make his return during that particular match, add to that Cena has changed his attire to a more adult themed outfit then all the subtle little hints for me point to the holy grail of the John Cena heel turn.

Anyone else pick up on any of this?

Agree or disagree?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Cena finally turning Heel? Empty Re: Cena finally turning Heel?

Post by liverbnz Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:50 am

I don't follow Cena on twitter so didn't know he was tweeting these things. All things do seem to be fitting nicely into place as you say, although I'm loathe to give Cena any credit where knowing the business is concerned.

It could be just the WWE teasing the turn to increase buys and it's not like it new ground for them runnning stories that have little logic from beginning to end.

On the other hand, Survivor Series has thrown up a fair bit of controversial moments over the years...

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:55 am

We can all hope, but deep down we all know it will probably just end up with a Cena/Rock handshake

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:58 am

Good point clap

I didn't pick up on it but now you describe it like that, it makes sense, especially with the Bash of the Beach reference. As much as I like to turn Cena heel, I would have left it to WM after the event. Let the match have a Hogan v Rock feel to it, and let Cena (after he loses) beat the crapola out of the Rock, starting his heel turn.

That said, if WWE build up this resentment that Cena seems to have and have it simmering away could make the whole saga explosive. Don't turn him fully heel yet. Just have it bubbling on the surface.

If they turn Cena at Survivor Series, how long would it be before the Rock comes back on TV again?

I was thinking that they may fall out like the Mega Powers did. Cena not trusting The Rock, like Macho didn't trust Hogan. Then the finish of the match at Surivior Series fuels the flames for this. Maybe The Rock accidently belts Cena which results in a Miz/Truth pin?

Last edited by xTwisTx on Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:59 am

Personally i cant see Cena going into Wrestlemania being heel. Surely the WWE want to create a Rock/Hogan and split the crowd. If he's ever going to turn heel, i'd do it by pummeling Rock with a chair after a ref bump before getting the 1-2-3 in Miami. You can just picture Mania going off the air with Cena walking backwards up the ramp with a deceiving heel like smile on his face.

If its true that The Rock is hanging about after Mania they can have him finally go over a heel Cena at Summerslam. They cant drag it out with both of them being face.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rocks Microphone Thu 03 Nov 2011, 12:15 pm

what about the picture promoting survivor series on wwe.com, Cena and Shawn Micheals with arms raised. Rock and Mankind. References to screw jobs....

I can never see John Cena as a heel if he turns it will last 6 months at best a la Austin because there are no big enough faces for him to fued with after the rock

The Rocks Microphone

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 03 Nov 2011, 12:27 pm

I disagree, if he did turn heel I think CM Punk could easily be the guy to feud with, an office backed Cena winning the WWE title off Punk in Chicago on Boxing Day could be absolutely epic, the tension that would build could easily last a year, you'd have the whole Cena/Rock schtick Punk can finally get in on the act and get his revenge, by that time he could be the hottest thing in Wrestling

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 03 Nov 2011, 12:32 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I disagree, if he did turn heel I think CM Punk could easily be the guy to feud with, an office backed Cena winning the WWE title off Punk in Chicago on Boxing Day could be absolutely epic, the tension that would build could easily last a year, you'd have the whole Cena/Rock schtick Punk can finally get in on the act and get his revenge, by that time he could be the hottest thing in Wrestling

Boxing Day would go through the roof. That would be immense

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rocks Microphone Thu 03 Nov 2011, 12:34 pm

but what happens to punk in the time Cena would be off with the Rock? wouldn't that leave him in limbo especially if the title is with Cena?

The Rocks Microphone

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Thu 03 Nov 2011, 12:37 pm

just make HHH part of the office baking cena, and then when cena is off with the rock, Punk could go one on one with HHH, could even go along the lines of punk has to beat HHH or he never gets another title shot etc...

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 03 Nov 2011, 12:40 pm

An office backed Cena...maybe getting HHH involved? Punk v HHH comes round again, while Cena goes on his merry way against the Rock?

Personally I would rather the Rock v Cena match not have a title involved, so if he does win against Punk on Boxing Day, I would have Punk regain it before WM.

EDIT: Lex beat me to it....what he says above Very Happy

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 03 Nov 2011, 1:00 pm

The Rocks Microphone wrote:but what happens to punk in the time Cena would be off with the Rock? wouldn't that leave him in limbo especially if the title is with Cena?

Punk would go on to claim he is going to win the Rumble and fight Cena at Mania and mess up the whole Rock/Cena match, then Vince McMahon would say he'll never let that happen and Order HHH to stop him, Punk gets #1 HHH gets #30 as extra insurance, in the end HHH manages to screw Punk out the Rumble helping say Miz win

Punk wants Triple H but Hunter doesn't want involved, Punk finally does whatever he needs to do, goes over HHH clean at Mania which then sets him up for Cena after Mania

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 03 Nov 2011, 1:13 pm

I want to believe Cena will turn heel at Survivor Series but really cant see the WWE wanting anything other than face v face at Mania.

As it stands i dont think we can be sure who'd win at Mania between a face Cena v a face Rock, it divides opinion. However a heel Cena v a face Rock at Mania in Miami would suggest its all too obvious that Rock would win.

Keeping Cena face maintains the uncertainty as to who would go over, and ridiculously i think Cena will get more heat at Mania as a face then he would as a heel.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rocks Microphone Thu 03 Nov 2011, 1:21 pm

gaff I like the idea but there are just too many things that don't make sense. Why would triple H want Miz to win.
Just had a thought though. Replace HHH with Nash in that senario, Punk finally going over Kevin Nash clean at mania. Oh dear what a bad thought.

The Rocks Microphone

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 03 Nov 2011, 1:37 pm

The Rocks Microphone wrote:gaff I like the idea but there are just too many things that don't make sense. Why would triple H want Miz to win.
Just had a thought though. Replace HHH with Nash in that senario, Punk finally going over Kevin Nash clean at mania. Oh dear what a bad thought.

It's not so much that Triple H would want Miz to win, he is just doing Vince a favour to stop Punk winning

Anyway, I'm assuming Cena would be siding with Miz and Truth so anyone on that side wouldn't need explaining for HHH helping them win the Rumble

Personally I'd turn HHH full blown heel to and have HHH as the boss, Cena as the main event star with Miz and Truth as the understudies, I'd also have Nash in on this too but I fear they've went so far with HHH now that it wouldn't make sense to turn him heel

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rocks Microphone Thu 03 Nov 2011, 1:46 pm

if they turned Trips now it would make no sense, especially to side him with Nash, the miz just stupid. The whole situation in the WWE is becoming a bit convoluted and messy.

The Rocks Microphone

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 03 Nov 2011, 1:55 pm

Personally I wouldn't turn Cena heel at survivior series, Cena as a general rule isn't a complex character, he divides opinion, throws himself head long into every challange and more often than not comes out on top. What has the Rock, who despite being a great is essentially coming out of retirment, got to offer that might make Cena feel the need to cheat/gain allies in order to strengthen him to a degree where he feels he can beat the Rock? what does that say about Cena and the rest of the WWE roster (the majority of whom Cena has beaten fairly), I would rather see WWE just book a standard face vs face match at WM and revel in the moment as the biggest stars of 2 generations go face to face in front of what will surely be a rabid miami crowd.

As for turning Cena heel, I know it cliche nowdays but the Cena vs Undertaker scenario at Wrestlemania 29, this genunily puts Cena in uncharted territory, no-one has beaten Undertaker at 'mania and this for me gives Cena his motivation, he is trying to acomplish what may be impossible and this could be the source of his frustration and need to abandon his squeaky clean character.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 03 Nov 2011, 1:57 pm

I'm sorry Gaffer but at this moment in time I feel the time for HHH's heel turn has come and gone.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 03 Nov 2011, 2:08 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
The Rocks Microphone wrote:gaff I like the idea but there are just too many things that don't make sense. Why would triple H want Miz to win.

It's not so much that Triple H would want Miz to win, he is just doing Vince a favour to stop Punk winning

Anyway, I'm assuming Cena would be siding with Miz and Truth so anyone on that side wouldn't need explaining for HHH helping them win the Rumble

Personally I'd turn HHH full blown heel to and have HHH as the boss, Cena as the main event star with Miz and Truth as the understudies, I'd also have Nash in on this too but I fear they've went so far with HHH now that it wouldn't make sense to turn him heel

I think in 2011 the monster evil heel owner of the company has been done to death. We already saw McMahon-Hemsley era is 00 didn't we?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 03 Nov 2011, 2:25 pm

My thoughts:

- It's too late in the Triple H storyline to turn him heel
- I get the impression that CM Punk will be cemented as a top star via a Rumble victory and/or WWE title win at Wrestlemania
- They are definitely sewing the seeds for a Cena heel turn, whether that is a red herring or not
- Cena will get booed at Wrestlemania. It will barely be a mixed reception; I'd estimate at least 80% of the audience will boo him.

My main problem with a Cena heel turn at Survivor Series is that he's been fighting Miz and Truth on Raw recently. Surely if they were to become allies they wouldn't be beating each other up? But it wouldn't be the first time this has happened.

As a further wink to the past, they'd have been better off using the Survivor Series 98 template for Cena's heel turn (if it is to happen); The Rock seemed to be at odds with the corporation in the weeks leading up to the event, but it later became obvious in hindsight that they were working together and no actual physical interaction had taken place. WWE could have done the same with Cena and Miz & Truth.

Maybe WWE feels that Cena doesn't necessarily have to be allied with Miz & Truth, and can still be at odds with them even if he is to turn, but I think it would water down his heel turn slightly.

I think one thing we can say for sure, whether Cena turns heel or not, is WWE has booked itself in knots.

Personally, I would say it's no better than 50/50 that Cena turns between now and Wrestlemania.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 03 Nov 2011, 2:30 pm

Brady12 wrote:I think in 2011 the monster evil heel owner of the company has been done to death. We already saw McMahon-Hemsley era is 00 didn't we?

I'd also say it's a sad sign of the times that when people talk about who should fill what role on a wrestling show, it is assumed that someone needs to be the heel authority figure. Wrestling existed just fine without such a role for many years.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 03 Nov 2011, 3:49 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote: I think one thing we can say for sure, whether Cena turns heel or not, is WWE has booked itself in knots.

The mind boggles how they can get it so right on Smackdown with simple logical booking, yet Raw seems more like Impact by the week. However i do think the sporadic booking on Raw is because they are very much keeping their options open with what fueds to fully engage as they head into the new year.

In years gone by i'd expect at this time of year they'd have a decent idea or atleast tentative plans of what the Road to Wrestlemania might look like, but apart from Cena vs The Rock i genuinely dont believe the WWE has a clue what they are going to do from month to month let alone at Wrestlemania 28.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 03 Nov 2011, 3:58 pm

Also worth noting that not only is Raw being booked week-to-week with no long term storyline in mind even for the top stars, but Vince McMahon has been known recently to change the script multiple times on the day of a show.

So even if there is any forward planning he is hacking away at the script so much that they get further and further off course, as they did with the Anonymous GM storyline.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 03 Nov 2011, 4:13 pm

I never thought for one minute that Cena would turn heel but after Monday Night RAW and his twitter rants it was the only thing that for me would make sense

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 03 Nov 2011, 4:15 pm

If he does turn heel before WM, I think WWE would have shot themselves in the foot.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 03 Nov 2011, 4:20 pm

I'm not so sure, while I've always said top face vs top face works well nothing quite beats top face vs top heel

If Cena turns and aligns himself with Miz & Truth in a way that could be reminicent to Hogan aligning with the Outsiders then for me that would only build Rock/Cena up immensely

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 03 Nov 2011, 4:45 pm

I definately agree with xTwisTx (what is that username anyway?).

If he turned before Mania i think you could pretty much guarantee that The Rock will win the match. If he goes in as a face, the outcome is 50/50.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 03 Nov 2011, 4:58 pm

Mr H wrote:I definately agree with xTwisTx (what is that username anyway?).

If he turned before Mania i think you could pretty much guarantee that The Rock will win the match. If he goes in as a face, the outcome is 50/50.

When I signed up Twist was actually taken Erm So i added the two x's. No I dunno why either.

If he does turn heel, and he beats The Rock at Mania I predict a riot. I know Miami is more placid than Chicago, but hey beach bums can throw a beer bottle too.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 03 Nov 2011, 5:10 pm

I fancy Cena will beat him anyway, Rock knows the importance of the new generation beating the old, I'm expecting him to do for Cena what Hogan did for him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 03 Nov 2011, 5:23 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I fancy Cena will beat him anyway, Rock knows the importance of the new generation beating the old, I'm expecting him to do for Cena what Hogan did for him

I dont think a heel Cena would win at all, especially not clean, and im sure they wouldnt let a heel win the main event of Mania with a screwy finish. If Cena is going to win, he will be face going into the match. If he goes into the match heel, The Rock will definately win.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 03 Nov 2011, 5:43 pm

I don't see anyone winning clean, my money is on Cena simply because Rock's never been shy to put anyone over and he himself has been on the otherside of the legend

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 04 Nov 2011, 9:08 am

What's also interesting to me, is that The Rock is supposedly also going to hang around until SummerSlam 2012 (which looks like it will be at LA again). Why hang around if Cena goes over The Rock clean in Miami? Surely that would be a fitting ending like gaffer says.

That is why I believe "something" will happen to keep the feud chugging along. A Cena turn, or a straight Rock win in his hometown. Then Cena could win in LA against the Rock at SummerSlam, with Hollywood being only a stones throw away. Cena beating the film star in his own backyard (hopefully not bringing about a renewed bid by JC on the film charts)

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Y2James Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:33 am

Im sure that I saw on Raw this week an advert for Cenas new movie "The Reunion" coming out. There is no way on Earth they would turn him after pumping all the money into a (however low budget and crap it turns out to be) movie before its even released surely?

Y2James

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane'sDemon Fri 04 Nov 2011, 1:12 pm

Ok we all know Cena can't turn heel without a proper reason, so I thought this could be a good enough reason for cena to turn heel... At S.S, Awesome Truth injure cena pretty bad that cena doesn't return to action for atleast afew weeks, and when he returns he goes goes on a losing streak even losing to JoMo because cena has lost his "superman strength",, so cena starts winning dirty I.e using chairs and bringing back his brass knuckles, with this cena could become a heel cena becuase there won't be no more superman return when he's been knocked out, which is really why he's a popular face to the kind.. What do you lot think?

Kane'sDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 04 Nov 2011, 1:16 pm

for me it makes sense to turn Cena heel before Mania. If he's going to get booed anyway then why not turn him heel and make him draw real heat! Then when he goes over Rock he's not just symbolically buried the Attitude era in Rock's own hometown.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 04 Nov 2011, 1:35 pm

talkingpoint wrote:for me it makes sense to turn Cena heel before Mania. If he's going to get booed anyway then why not turn him heel and make him draw real heat! Then when he goes over Rock he's not just symbolically buried the Attitude era in Rock's own hometown.

I disagree.

Sounds ridiculous but i strongly believe in Miami that Cena will draw more heat as a face than he would as a heel.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 04 Nov 2011, 1:39 pm

I agree. As soon as he starts playing to the crowd and doing the marine salute, it will just pee the adults off. If he is heel beforehand, then his heelish entrance wouldn't have the same impact.

I have high hopes for Mania. Cena turn at the end of the night would seriously start the wrestling "year" with a bang.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 04 Nov 2011, 1:45 pm

If The Rock is staying after Mania then Cena needs to turn heel. They cant draw out Cena v Rock until Summerslam with both of them being face, it will become very stale very quickly.

Although there are glimpses of a Cena heel turn at the moment i think its a red herring, they are just teasing it but i'd be amazed if they didnt pull the trigger on it at Wrestlemania.

If Mania closes with the 2 of them having a love-in it will be one of the biggest missed opportunities of all the times.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:07 pm

Kane'sDemon wrote:Ok we all know Cena can't turn heel without a proper reason, so I thought this could be a good enough reason for cena to turn heel... At S.S, Awesome Truth injure cena pretty bad that cena doesn't return to action for atleast afew weeks, and when he returns he goes goes on a losing streak even losing to JoMo because cena has lost his "superman strength",, so cena starts winning dirty I.e using chairs and bringing back his brass knuckles, with this cena could become a heel cena becuase there won't be no more superman return when he's been knocked out, which is really why he's a popular face to the kind.. What do you lot think?

Give us a line of that stuff buddy

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:15 pm

Brady12 wrote:
Kane'sDemon wrote:Ok we all know Cena can't turn heel without a proper reason, so I thought this could be a good enough reason for cena to turn heel... At S.S, Awesome Truth injure cena pretty bad that cena doesn't return to action for atleast afew weeks, and when he returns he goes goes on a losing streak even losing to JoMo because cena has lost his "superman strength",, so cena starts winning dirty I.e using chairs and bringing back his brass knuckles, with this cena could become a heel cena becuase there won't be no more superman return when he's been knocked out, which is really why he's a popular face to the kind.. What do you lot think?

Give us a line of that stuff buddy

Save some for me. I wish i could come up with ideas like that...

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane'sDemon Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:38 pm

LOL... Dw there's enough to go around Wink

Kane'sDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:56 pm

Come on Brady, fill us in with your superior knowledge of how to book Cena turning heel.....

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 04 Nov 2011, 3:08 pm

I reckon do it soap style.

Make him start smoking and hanging around the wrong crowd, turn his collar up, perhaps some of his universe fans could hang about with him outside some shops where he could ask passers by what they're looking at?
Then move onto pushing over Mae Young and the real mean stuff.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 04 Nov 2011, 3:09 pm

Dont be daft, Brady couldnt book a taxi, i dont think he's into the whole fantasy booking stuff.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 04 Nov 2011, 3:16 pm

I didn't really intend this to turn into a booking thread to be honest, almost everyone to a man would more or less do it at WrestleMania but I just felt going with what I took out of recent events that it's a definite possibility

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonicTruthSpeaker Fri 04 Nov 2011, 4:38 pm

Gaffer, I see where you're coming from, and any kind of Cena heel turn at Mania would be epic, but...

Every time WWE has had the opportunity to turn Cena heel, or at the very least do something interesting with his character, they've bottled it. When he had to join the Nexus and got 'fired', that could have been something totally different... but within a couple of episodes of Raw he was back, and main-eventing the show.

Until WWE has a face to take over the mechandise sales, Cena's not turning. if they can elevate CM Punk back to being the most talked about guy on the roster and getting close to Cena in that respect, then maybe. Until then, I just can't see Cena turning heel.

DemonicTruthSpeaker

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 04 Nov 2011, 4:51 pm

DemonicTruthSpeaker wrote:
Until WWE has a face to take over the mechandise sales, Cena's not turning. if they can elevate CM Punk back to being the most talked about guy on the roster and getting close to Cena in that respect, then maybe. Until then, I just can't see Cena turning heel.

Well, I feel there has never been a better time to turn Cena heel. I think Punk is the face (for the short term) to replace him, while they build someone else. Punk is already doing well in the money making side of the business, and I think potentially a heel Cena could be very profitable as well. Depending what kind of heel Cena becomes, he could turn the boos to cheers, thus racking in the money for mechandise again. And there is no reason why he can't turn face again in 18-24 months after the event.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonicTruthSpeaker Fri 04 Nov 2011, 5:24 pm

xTwisTx wrote:
DemonicTruthSpeaker wrote:

Well, I feel there has never been a better time to turn Cena heel. I think Punk is the face (for the short term) to replace him, while they build someone else. Punk is already doing well in the money making side of the business, and I think potentially a heel Cena could be very profitable as well. Depending what kind of heel Cena becomes, he could turn the boos to cheers, thus racking in the money for mechandise again. And there is no reason why he can't turn face again in 18-24 months after the event.

I disagree. WWE have shown themselves so unwilling to take any risks at all with a Cena turn; and there is no one else to step up. Orton's shown on Smackdown he's not on Cena's level at as a brand leader with half arenas being taped off for a TV tapings, and already I can't help but think that Punk himself needs rebuilding. All the heat and popularity he had in July has been dumped over by him being a bit-part player with Nash and Triple H (the fact that Nash nailed him and cost him the title has been totally glossed over, Booking 101 states that the wronged face has a match with the responsible heel for revenge). Punk might be a main event player on Raw now, but he's nowhere near where he was less than 4 months ago. His reality schtick just doesn't seem to translate into buy-rates and money... Cena's latest black t-shirt and moral dilemma where he invariably does the right thing does.

As awesome as a Cena heel turn would be, I just can't see WWE taking that kind of a risk on their biggest cash cow.

Actually, has Punk even won a match since Summerslam? I've lost a fair bit of interest in Raw over the past few weeks.

DemonicTruthSpeaker

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 04 Nov 2011, 7:45 pm

Believe me I was of that view a few months ago. I thought that the WWE would never turn cena heel based upon the money that get from mechandise. And I thought they needed to have someone ready to jump into the top face role. However, I believe Punk can fill this role after wm. I think he would be the WWE title holder after beating hhh, and with a cena turn, will be ready to go on and have a feud with him. Gives WWE time for the next generation face, be in Rhodes or ziggler.

Lots of if buts and maybes. However, I think this is the clearest sign yet of a cena turn.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down