The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Cena explains on why he won’t be turning heel

+2
sodhat
VDT
6 posters

Go down

John Cena explains on why he won’t be turning heel Empty John Cena explains on why he won’t be turning heel

Post by VDT Mon 26 Mar 2012, 12:27 pm

"John Cena explains to the Ottawa Sun why he won’t be turning heel anytime soon. He compares himself to Tim Tebow saying he’s a stand up guy but people don’t believe it because it’s almost too good to be true. “I have fun with this business. I love every second of it. I love to be right there in the middle of the hunt. At the end of the day, it’s not my job to force people in any direction. I just go out there and see what happens. You can analyze character development all day, but with the current state of affairs, there is no need or rationale for me to deviate from what I’m doing.”

I think Cena is in an catch 22.
At this point in time, the only way Cena can turn heel and get actual heat would be to find a way to urine off the people who have been saying he should turn heel.
If they want him to turn heel then they aren’t going to keep booing. He’s back in the same place he’s at now only selling less merch and becoming a secondary character in WWE which is always been face dominated.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

John Cena explains on why he won’t be turning heel Empty Re: John Cena explains on why he won’t be turning heel

Post by sodhat Mon 26 Mar 2012, 1:40 pm

I think I agree completely, and although it would be an epic moment from a wrestling history sense, I don't think it does much good for Cena.

It would freshen him up on the other hand and maybe have some new feuds from new angles. But in terms of crowd perception, he'd be getting the same mixed reactions because those that hate on him now would love a heel Cena!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

John Cena explains on why he won’t be turning heel Empty Re: John Cena explains on why he won’t be turning heel

Post by TwisT Mon 26 Mar 2012, 2:01 pm

The point is if Cena turns heel its gives him so much more scope for the future. There is no reason why he can't turn back to face later on or be a tweener.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Mon 26 Mar 2012, 2:09 pm

If Cena turns heel, suddenly feuds with Punk, Sheamus and Orton are a lot fresher, plus he can then battle against Kofi, Ryder etc.

If its a strong enough turn then a lot of others will get more over by proxy too.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 26 Mar 2012, 2:52 pm

The only way I can think he'll get heat from everyone to turn him heel but keep him as a Superman, winning cleanly most the time!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by WobblyRhino Tue 27 Mar 2012, 1:03 pm

Why turn him heel when he is getting enough heat from the older audience, and enough love from the younger audience? The business is still benefitting from both sides of the spectrum.

I agree with alot that Cena has said lately, he gets alot of heat but I think he should be applauded for not pandering to the crowd, and just being true to who he is.

Out of alot of other wrestlers he does seem really genuine enjoying the business he works with and has a passion for it.

I really cant get my head around how The Rock has all this love for being back in the WWE for all of 2 mins and is only doing this to benefit him, and Cena who works night in night out, does a shed load of charity work and is the most selfless person I have kown in the 20 years of watching wrestling.

Dont get me wrong, The Rock was the only reason I watched wrestling growing up, but I just hope WWE sticks by there guy instead of pandering to a hollywood film star that used t be a wrestler.

Rant over Very Happy

WobblyRhino

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 27 Mar 2012, 1:12 pm

WobblyRhino wrote:Why turn him heel when he is getting enough heat from the older audience, and enough love from the younger audience? The business is still benefitting from both sides of the spectrum.

I agree with alot that Cena has said lately, he gets alot of heat but I think he should be applauded for not pandering to the crowd, and just being true to who he is.

Out of alot of other wrestlers he does seem really genuine enjoying the business he works with and has a passion for it.

I really cant get my head around how The Rock has all this love for being back in the WWE for all of 2 mins and is only doing this to benefit him, and Cena who works night in night out, does a shed load of charity work and is the most selfless person I have kown in the 20 years of watching wrestling.

Dont get me wrong, The Rock was the only reason I watched wrestling growing up, but I just hope WWE sticks by there guy instead of pandering to a hollywood film star that used t be a wrestler.

Rant over Very Happy

Errrr you don't think that if Cena was offered a chance to star in a major Hollywood film, that he wouldn't go for it?! Get real. It is all an act, and just like any other wrestler, he has to think about his time outside the ring.

He has passion for it because it has been good to him.

The Rock doesn't NEED the WWE. He is a proper Hollywood star now. If anything, Cena needs the Rock. I am not overly keen on both of them right now, but from a business perspective, Rocky holds all the aces.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Tue 27 Mar 2012, 3:00 pm

WobblyRhino wrote:I agree with alot that Cena has said lately, he gets alot of heat but I think he should be applauded for not pandering to the crowd, and just being true to who he is.

Ummm he may not be pandering to the crowd, but he sure as hell should try and entertain the entire crowd. Cena heat is not like Xpac heat where we want him to go away, we want him to do something entertaining. Which kind of what Rock ahs been saying. Cena can play the kiddie super hero but he should at least be engaging while he does it because he is the No.1 guy in the company.

If you think Rock has come back to only help his Movie Career you are missing half the story. Cena has been begging for Rock to come abck for years. And while Rock's Hollywood career took off initially because of the WWE, its not like Hogan where he came back two years later a failure, Rock was gone for 7 years and didn't need the WWE association anymore. Cena and the WWE need The Rock way more than Dwayne Johnson needs the WWE.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 27 Mar 2012, 6:40 pm

Couldn't agree more with the two previous posts! Whilst I applaud cena for his work ethic and loyalty to the wwe that doesn't excuse him from the fact he is simply dismissing half of the audience (more so sometimes) by ignoring the calls for some kind of change to his charachter. We all know wrestling is a long played out soap drama and he isn't going to get chastised for dropping his belief of rising above the hate etc just because he changes. Dam I don't care if it isn't a full blow heel turn...just do something different. Freshen up what is a stale charachter..learn to actually wrestle! Just do something to appease a large group of people who ensure you get your salary each month!!

And anyone who slates the rock is just naive! Even from a storyline perspective cena's argument (which is both a professional and personal opinion) that the to rock is essentially a sell out holds no grounds what do ever! If the rock didn't live this company he wouldn't have come back! We all know, cena included, that he will end up with the rub of the green when all is said. He will be passed the torch and the wwe will benefit from Dwaynes return. Wrestlemania pay packets will most certainly be higher for everyone. And at the end of the day the simple fact is dwayne did not have to come back! He didn't owe anyone but himself anything, as much as we like to think otherwise. He gave 7 years of his life travelling left right and centre and made the company millions of bucks all whilst fuelling our need to be entertained!! He could of easily taken on another film role and been paid a heck of a lot more money for doing so. The rock came back because this company is in his blood and he knows that whilst he doesn't owe it anything he can come in and help try to re-stablish it to where it once was.

Dwayne Johnson loves the WWE...always has and always will!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:13 pm

Dwayne Johnson loves the WWE...always has and always will!

I wouldn't go this far either. The fact is from a business perspective it suits both The Rock and the WWE.

Please Cena/Rock fans, by all means follow your favourite, but don't think they are doing this for the love of the business.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:17 pm

I'm not sure how you can figure it has really benefitted The rock?!..of course he is getting paid..but the amount he could get for doing a movie instead...somehow I doubt it! People will say well he gained fans during his come back who will no doubt watch his movies etc...again a moot point since those who now watch the wwe who dont know who the rock is/was are kids and there interest is in a certain someone else!

The only people I can actually see who have truly benefited from this is the wwe and cena! Vince makes a shed loads of cash..possibly gets some new viewing audience who are intrigued and have followed the rock whilst back in the wwe. John because he is actually being held in the same regard as The Rock (how I'm not quite sure!!) and again will see that nice little wrestlemania bonus cheque increase thanks to the rocks presence...as will all the wrestlers involved for that matter!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WobblyRhino Wed 28 Mar 2012, 8:21 am

Sorry, didnt mean to kick up such a storm but want to clear up a few things for the sake of my image being tarnished haha!

I was the biggest Rock fan growing up, he was the reason for me, not Stone Cold, that I watched WWF (as it was known). I was devetated that he left for Hollywood and yes to a degree, he didnt need to come back.

We should all know by now that The Rock, Cena and more so WWE will earn a bucket load of cash for this match and I understand the reasons behind this. However, the on going Cena is this and that I just cant sit with.

Cena has done films and not had too much success granted, however I do believe wrestling is his love and would continue to contribute IF he had a successful Hollywood career, and would contribute more that what The Rock has done these past 7+ years.

Its ok saying "well Cena should do something to freshen his character up", yes I agree with this also BUT if Vince will not let him change his character then he wont want to rock the boat as he is the top guy in the WWE right now. However, Like I said there isnt any need at this time to change his character when he is getting such a reaction from the crowd at this time. Half the audience hates him, the other half love him.

My point being, all the love is being showered on The Rock for coming back, oh hes great, hes entertaining! True, and I agree he has been more entertaining than Cena. BUT, my point being is that we all love wrestling, thats why we wtach it, thats why we debate it. My point being, I admire and respect Cena for everything he has done for the business, and the WWE for the last 10 years. compare that to what The Rock has had to offer, there isnt anything to compare with

WobblyRhino

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down