The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When John Cena turns heel

+5
JamesLincs
Mr Video Man
JoshSansom
Buzzman
VDT
9 posters

Go down

When John Cena turns heel Empty When John Cena turns heel

Post by VDT Tue 24 Jan 2012, 4:31 pm

Bored in work so I'll ask a 2 part question:

When John Cena turns heel,

1. How long do you think the WWE should keep him as a heel?

2. How long do you think the WWE will keep him as a heel?

Personally, I think they need to keep him as a heel for at least 2 years to appease the boo boys and get people excited to see the 5 moves of doom again but I think he'll turn at the rumble and it'll only last til summerslam maybe survivor series.

I don't think the wwe money man could cope with the initial loss in revenue to see the long term advantages and turn him face again a.s.a.p.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

When John Cena turns heel Empty Re: When John Cena turns heel

Post by Buzzman Tue 24 Jan 2012, 5:50 pm

I agree with you, cant see it lasting a full year when he does turn heel.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 24 Jan 2012, 10:02 pm

Presumably any turn (if it happens) will be part of a major story line with a major conclusion as opposed to a quick, throwaway ending so I could see it being something that takes a year + to resolve.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Tue 24 Jan 2012, 10:17 pm

1. somethin like a year maybe year and a half after that i think he will have gone against every main event level face in the company and vince wont be able to resist getting more money from having him as a face again.

2. a year if they do turn him heel. i think they would lose so much money from kids not buyin his stuff though that they wont make him a heel or if they do like they have been hinting at e.g "embracing hate" or having a poo while stareing at the camera whichever it is..... it wont be longer than a year max.
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jan 2012, 10:27 pm

I reckon they could run a heel turn for a while, I get that Cena merchandise sales may drop but the kids who don't buy Cena will just buy somebody else, orton or rey matbe once they return. I don't think overall the wwe would lose out on that much money

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 24 Jan 2012, 10:57 pm

maybe he'll cost punk the title, his match will be before punks so it'll mean no opportunity for payback for punk?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:55 am

I am going to buck the trend and say the WWE will keep him heel for a good couple of years UNLESS they think it has gone badly wrong. By that I mean, another face not stepping up or if storylines get stale.

If they do get stale, Cena turning back will be the first thing they would think of.

I really think WWE might surprise us and keep Cena heel for the long haul. We have already heard rumours that HHH is having an affect backstage by keeping wrestlers in FCW until the writers have a story for them. One thing is for sure, even though the E's track record says different, I really feel that they are taking their time and planning the turn AND the aftermath.

In fact I would say, as it gets nearer to Mania, that they may lose their bottle and back out of it. That to me is more worrying than how long they keep him heel for. Everything is set up for the heel turn. They just need to have the guts to go through with it. After that, the scenerios write themselves really.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:38 pm

They'll keep him heel until people start cheering for him again.

That could take 6 months or a year, who knows.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:45 pm

It is a tricky situation, because as everyone has pointed out, he will start getting cheered by the Smarks and the temptation will be to turn him face again.

I personally beleive the turn should come this year at Wrestlemania. Then next year you have him face Undertaker and then depending on how that goes down (leaning towards a Cena win), you build to Cena defending the unified World title(s) against the next big face at WM30. That means he will be top heel for at least two years in my book.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:45 pm

nasisillmatic wrote:They'll keep him heel until people start cheering for him again.

That could take 6 months or a year, who knows.

It will take longer than that. There may be a case of sarcastic boo's as well. Not as in "boo the evil heel", more like "boo, you are crapola". Which is what he is getting now really.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:56 pm

I think he certainly needs to keep the 5 moves of doom when he turns heel. He can use it to really wind up the crowd and can even do the "you cant see me" bit in their direction instead of his opponent.

They also need to keep him in most main events winning nearly all of them IMO. Obviously he would be less Super Cena and would cheat a bit more but to keep fans hating him, they need keep ramming him down peoples throats. And instead of the "you can boo me if you want, I love you anyway" route, they can have him really rubbing it in their faces that he will always be one of the top men. That should stop smarks and others cheering him.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Wed 25 Jan 2012, 1:03 pm

I think the current Cena situation is unique though. I no product wise it makes sense to turn him heel, but for the last 6-7 years all every wrestling fan talks about is John Cena. Some of it positive, some (a lot) negative.

No matter who he is facing the crowd are always loud for his matches. Everyone is interested and has an opinion. If they turn him heel whilst being good for maybe a year or so, once he goes back to a face this will not be the same and some of that will be lost.

That just how I see it.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:18 pm

Anyone reckon he'll change his ring attire! Black or Red tights with a Embrace the hate t-shirt?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down