The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Browns to release Hillis at the end of the year

+3
Thomond
RDuncan8
GB1919
7 posters

Go down

Browns to release Hillis at the end of the year Empty Browns to release Hillis at the end of the year

Post by GB1919 Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Self-descriptive really...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823cb021/article/browns-wallace-players-see-a-change-in-hillis-this-season?module=HP11_headline_stack

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Browns to release Hillis at the end of the year Empty Re: Browns to release Hillis at the end of the year

Post by RDuncan8 Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:45 pm

It's okay, it must all be part of god's plan..... Rolling Eyes

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Browns to release Hillis at the end of the year Empty Re: Browns to release Hillis at the end of the year

Post by Thomond Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:55 pm

The Madden Curse......

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Thomond wrote:The Madden Curse......

Exactly :p

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:31 pm

Question - Does anyone want to see Aaron Rodgers on the Madden cover next year as he was set to be this year?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:58 pm

Absolutely not, although if anyone could overcome the 'curse' it would be Rodgers.

As bad as Hillis' season has been I can't help but feel that a fair amount of it has been self-inflicted. Taking the advice of your agent not to play in a game is so obviously a bad idea and not turning up to a kids event called 'Halloween with Hillis' is surely all on him.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:34 pm

Real shame, I thought after last year we had managed to find ourselves a star but this year has been a bad one for him, maybe the injuries are genuine but from what I've read he has changed completely when off the field. Hardesty has managed to perform decently in Hillis' absence though he clearly has injury issues. I expect to see Hillis going to free agency and maybe a team somewhere in the league will be prepared to hand him the contract he wants but it could be a struggle.
GB1919 wrote:not turning up to a kids event called 'Halloween with Hillis' is surely all on him.
Oh no, that was his brothers and managers fault.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:16 pm

I knew this would happen -- I picked him for my fantasy team, the Manglers. Between the Mangler Curse and the Madden Curse, there really was no hope.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Trade him away Mangler, get whatever you can (probably nothing) you might just be able to save his year though it may be too late to save his future with the Browns.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:17 pm

Already accepted a trade for him the other week but once he's tainted, it's too late for him, I'm afraid, and he'll have to wait for next year. The fellow I traded with is gnashing his teeth over Hillis.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:45 pm

Really? What did you manage to get for Peyton Hillis after the year he has had? If this Manglers curse had already been guaranteed to last until the end of the year then I guess it's over for him as a Browns player, glad I didn't buy his jersey.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down