The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

32 teams in 32 days: Cleveland Browns

5 posters

Go down

32 teams in 32 days: Cleveland Browns Empty 32 teams in 32 days: Cleveland Browns

Post by GSC Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:53 pm

Cleveland Browns
Record:
4-12
Offensive Rank: 18th, Points: 27th, Passing: 11th, Rushing: 28th
Defensive Rank: 9th, Points: 23rd, Passing: 8th, Rushing: 18th

Offensive MVP: Josh Gordon
Offensive LVP: Brandon Weeden
Defensive MVP: Joe Haden
Defensive LVP: Barkevious Mingo

Story of the Season:
Where to begin. Jimmy Haslam, Joe Banner, Michael Lombardi and Rob Chudzinski arrived 12 months ago, bringing a fresh wave of optimism for a regime that made all the right noises. 12 months later, only Haslam remains. In the interim, Brandon Weeden continued to stink, former 3rd overall pick Trent Richardson was traded to Indy for a first round pick, Hoyer provided hope for a few games before tearing his ACL and the Browns lost a lot of games. Pretty much standard for the Browns. At least Josh Gordon emerged as a premier receiver.

2014 Outlook:
Despite a wayward coaching search led by a doomed regime, Pettine might actually be a nice consolation prize. He and new GM Ray Farmer are both heavily respected within NFL circles and Pettine should be able to inspire a talented Browns defense. Both TJ Ward and Alex Mack are slated for FA, so finding a way to keep both will be key. Kyle Shanahan arrives with a chip on his shoulder after earning a reputation as somewhat of a brat, and job 1 will  be developing the next franchise QB.

2014 Draft Needs:
With 2 first round picks, expect the Browns to be all in on a QB, after using 3 in 2013. With the second pick the Browns could go a few ways, acquiring weapons could be the way to go, as could filling out the secondary or OL if FAs don't return.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

32 teams in 32 days: Cleveland Browns Empty Re: 32 teams in 32 days: Cleveland Browns

Post by NYJ Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:41 pm

I liked the Browns this time last year and predicted that they would make the playoffs. A year on and Josh Gordon has broken out to become one of the leagues best receivers, but on the other hand, the QB and front office situation has been a complete joke.

I'm always reluctant to say a new regime will pick a QB in the first round. That automatically ties the head coach to the QB and if the QB is a bust, the coach will be blamed/fired. However, despite not having a deep roster, the Browns seem set to make a playoff push with the right player behind Center. They have the OL (when healthy) plus Gordon and Cameron to make plays on offense. Meanwhile, the defense is dangerous and finished in the top 10 last year.

In 2011, I predicted the Seahawks would be a great team (missed out on playoffs) before they went 11-5 in 2012. I predicted the Chiefs would win the division in 2012 (worst team in the NFL) before they too had an 11-5 record in 2013. This makes me think the Browns will be a playoff team in 2014. Science.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

32 teams in 32 days: Cleveland Browns Empty Re: 32 teams in 32 days: Cleveland Browns

Post by mikeygnfl Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:53 pm

I currently have the Browns taking Teddy Bridgewater. Had the previous regime still been there, I think they would have looked at Hoyer againa and maybe drafted someone like McCarron or Mettenberger later.

I would put the Browns with the Buccaneers as the teams most likely to make a huge turn around next season.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:13 pm

Fully expect us to sitting here in two years time with Cleveland getting rid of their two first rounders from this year
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:06 pm

What are the Browns like these days.

Used to be pish poor few years ago.

Any better since Lerner sold up?

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:17 pm

Same old really
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down