The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smackdown atm

+6
Crimey
ADMIN
psycho-gooner
Marky
JoshSansom
Liam
10 posters

Go down

Smackdown atm Empty Smackdown atm

Post by Liam Sat 05 Nov 2011, 5:42 pm

Have to say after watching last nights smackdown I'm enjoying Smackdown far more than Raw. TBH, I always enjoyed watching smackdown back in the attitude era in my early teens and have always seemed to get more out of it than Raw, despite Raw being the no.1 brand.

But for me, smackdown certainly has the better wrestlers on the show. I have to say that I wrote a thread about a week ago slating christian for some reason, when actually I like the guy. I know strange, must have been having a bad day. I think he's very talented on the mic and in fairness always puts on a good match. The wade barret vs shemus match was superd. I thought that Shemus was going to dominate wade after the opening 5 mins but was very happy to see wade hold his own and get the win. Not that I don't like shemus, but I think it's important to be pushing wade barret and cody rhodes and wrestlers such as these with the established stars such as shemus to create a better product. If you have more talent on your roster you can simply put on a better show.

I think either swagger or zigler need to return to smackdown because although the angle with vickie works I believe like miz and truth are becoming the whipping boys on raw (santino beating ziggler for instance). Does any one also think that the crowd is far more vocal in smackdown. On raw you could hear a pin drop for most of the show, yet, on smackdown the crowd are chanting, plenty of split crowd occassions in matches because although there are heels and faces, you have to say, you can't really dislike many on smackdown unlike raw.

Anyone else getting this impression?

Liam

Back to top Go down

Smackdown atm Empty Re: Smackdown atm

Post by JoshSansom Sat 05 Nov 2011, 6:25 pm

Traditionally SD has always been the "wrestling" show and Raw the "entertainment" show. I am not sure if the same dichotomy can be applied today but often it does seem to be the case that the "better" wrestlers go to SD ... the main example at the moment would be that Cena is on Raw and Orton on SD.

The big thing that I notice as well is that the writing of SD is clearer, more logical and is given the time to develop and continue story lines. After all, Orton/Christian got a number of months, had it been on Raw it may have been only weeks.

That, though, is the advantage of being the No. 2 show.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 05 Nov 2011, 6:47 pm

As for the crowd being louder, remember Smackdown is edited by the WWE whereas Raw is live Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sat 05 Nov 2011, 7:56 pm

Did anyone else find it annoying with Big Show stealing the limelight off Daniel Bryan? He could have been involved after the match, but the MITB winner shouldnt need guys like Big Show in his corner

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 05 Nov 2011, 9:40 pm

psycho-gooner wrote:Did anyone else find it annoying with Big Show stealing the limelight off Daniel Bryan? He could have been involved after the match, but the MITB winner shouldnt need guys like Big Show in his corner

found it a bit cringe worthy for some reason, like Big Show was babysitting when bryan has the talent to handle himself. I would have been gutted if he had lost his money in the bank through Show forcing him to cash it in when Henry was on his feet, that said, thank god that he was WSS before he could ring the bell.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat 05 Nov 2011, 10:06 pm

I've not seen SD yet but I wonder if this is the start of a Daniel Bryan heel turn and a gain of a personality in WWE.
Big Show keeps 'assisting' him, Bryan gets fed up of it, wants to show he doesn't need the help and goes psycho on Big Shows ankle turning him into the modern day Ken Shamrock, becomes a proper intense submission guy, then it builds him towards Mania when by that point Orton is champ again and they face.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 05 Nov 2011, 10:54 pm

The longer WWE goes without doing anything meaningful with Bryan since Money in the Bank, the longer I am sure he has been set up to fail. I have got to admit, he is boring these days, he's not the strongest on the mic but for some reason, whether his own or WWE, his personality isn't even shining through his wrestling.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 06 Nov 2011, 11:19 am

Maccs you're pushing this heel turn more than TNA push Hogan Wink

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Sun 06 Nov 2011, 12:34 pm

I think either swagger or zigler need to return to smackdown because although the angle with vickie works I believe like miz and truth are becoming the whipping boys on raw (santino beating ziggler for instance).
-----------------------------------------

lolwut?

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sun 06 Nov 2011, 1:23 pm

I think the reason the crowd seams louder on smackdown Is the fact that it is taped and raw is live, wwe have the opportunity to add sound in after to create a better televisual experience that you don't always get with a live show.

The angles do seam to be given more time to develop on smackdown but as the op said raw is the flag ship show which adds more of a need to get things right in the eyes of the creative team therefore if they feel a storyline isn't working they drop it or modify it before it's given a chance to play out, raw has an instant gratification factor due to its prominence in the business as a whole, wwe are so scared to lose viewers and ratings that the progression of plots in a coherent and well thought out way are not always as paramount as they maybe on smackdown.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 06 Nov 2011, 6:14 pm

Smackdown is improving which is great to see. Raw need to stop the supershow at once. Keep 2 seperate brands.

Smackdown should also be live on tuesday nights in my view.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down