The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats happening in the Aviva Premiership?

5 posters

Go down

Whats happening in the Aviva Premiership? Empty Whats happening in the Aviva Premiership?

Post by wales606 Sat 05 Nov 2011, 8:44 pm

What is happening?

Harlequins seem to be on fire,

whereas Leicester and Northampton are alongside Newcastle and Worcester making up the bottom 4.

Will Leicester or Northampton be able to catch up to make the top 4 before the end of the season?

wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Whats happening in the Aviva Premiership? Empty Re: Whats happening in the Aviva Premiership?

Post by HongKongCherry Sat 05 Nov 2011, 8:55 pm

They're both only 5 points off 4th and Saints have a game in hand, so I think it is far too early too write either one off.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Whats happening in the Aviva Premiership? Empty Re: Whats happening in the Aviva Premiership?

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 05 Nov 2011, 10:37 pm

6 points separate London Irish in 3rd and Leicester Tigers in 10th.

I think it is safe to say that Quins and Saracens will make the play offs, but it really could be any 2 from 8 for the remaining spots.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 05 Nov 2011, 11:11 pm

Has to be one of the closest seasons in a long old time. I still think Tigers will pinch fourth place.

Third place though could be anyones, a new contender seems to step up and then slump each week.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 05 Nov 2011, 11:14 pm

It would be a real shock if the Tiggers don't make it. They have a very strong squad and will come good soon enough.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 05 Nov 2011, 11:26 pm

If they don't I think we can expect a new coach in there next season. Cockeriil seems like a man under a lot of pressure and you have to admit the team looks like a lot of talented players but they've steadily got worse over the last 3 seasons.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 05 Nov 2011, 11:32 pm

To be fair, they dominated the game today, but lack a clinical edge to put us away. Their pack is still a monster, but from 11-15 they lacked a real threat. Once they get some of their first choice centres back I would expect them to win games where they have 75% possession in the first half and 60% in thh second, which they had today.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 05 Nov 2011, 11:43 pm

Parling looked really good today at least, you wouldn't have thought he'd missed so much game time. Even if he does look like he should be wearing a rabbit skin loincloth and living in a cave.

Isn't Twelvetrees back next weekend?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 06 Nov 2011, 12:08 am

I think in a RWC year the standings at this point of the season are not representative of the overall quality of the teams. For instance, does anyone seriously think Leicester and Northampton will be battling with Newcastle and Worcester to avoid relegation? However, the standings show the difficulty teams such as Leicester and Northampton have to face in RWC years. And, it also shows they will have to play extremely well to make the top 4 or even the top 6. Despite the Leicester draw on Saturday, I think they will make a run. I also think Northampton will be there at the end. But it will be tough.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down