The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federer For Title In Paris?

+6
time please
wow
legendkillar
Tenez
bogbrush
hawkeye
10 posters

Go down

Federer For Title In Paris? Empty Federer For Title In Paris?

Post by hawkeye Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:31 am

No Nadal and Djokovic looking increasingly doubtful to play is it time for Federer to add a new trophy to his collection?

The Times reports that Murray is "surprised" by the courts. Describing the surface like this “It is very, very slow,” Murray said.
I'm not sure if Murray was surprised in a good or bad way. As for Federer he has never done well in Paris when the surface was super fast so maybe he'll enjoy a slightly slower surface.

If you want to read the full article you will have to pay to view. I'm beginning to think I should ask for commision from The Times as I recommend the site so often...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Federer For Title In Paris? Empty Re: Federer For Title In Paris?

Post by bogbrush Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:32 am

This news may bring Nadal back to the event. That is, unless he's still strapped to the medical table like Boris Karloff with the various gizmos hard at work.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:33 am

The surface in Paris was always very slow bar last year for some reasons.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:42 am

Using the trusty Times again I see.

Now

1. Would you have bothered had Nadal been scheduled to play with this article?

2. Who will be seeded 3 and 4 given that Murray and Federer will be 1&2 which will be the burning question and who will be replacing Nadal and Djokovic?

These for me could at least have some form of importance and merit.

And no you don't deserve commission as you do a half arsed job with quotes anyway!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Mon 07 Nov 2011, 10:15 am

bogbrush wrote:This news may bring Nadal back to the event. That is, unless he's still strapped to the medical table like Boris Karloff with the various gizmos hard at work.
laughing laughing laughing

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 07 Nov 2011, 10:28 am

the article from the Times is really about Djokovic's injury and TMF's emotional victory in Basel yesterday. The last paragraph is about Murray, but the context begins in relation to Fed's chances. I've typed the last para for the pedants among you all Wink Hug , but it was exhausting I'll have you know, because Hawkeye is right - you can't cut and paste or link because the miserly Times needs you to have subscripted like wot I have! I agree that it isn't really clear whether Murray is pleased with the court speed or disappointed, though I would guess the fact that he said 'very, very slow' instead of 'slow' indicates a level of disappointment, what do you all think?

From the Times:

With no Nadal and possibly no Djokovic, the threat to Federer is likely to come from Andy Murray, who professed surprise yesterday that the surface at Bercy is completely different from the faster-paced court they laid for the tournament a year ago. "It is very, very slow" said Murray.

The Scot plays either Marcel Granollers of Spain, winner of Valencia Open yesterday, or Jeremy Chardy, of France, in his opening Match.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 07 Nov 2011, 10:29 am

bogbrush wrote:This news may bring Nadal back to the event. That is, unless he's still strapped to the medical table like Boris Karloff with the various gizmos hard at work.

here's a sneek preview Run
http://www.also-known-as.net/films/the_body_shop/the_body_shop1.jpg

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 07 Nov 2011, 12:06 pm

Isnt that what Nole wraps himself up in every night as he climbs into his egg chamber?

http://www.luxurylaunches.com/entry_images/0811/31/egg-shaped-pressurized-oxygen-chamber-1.jpg
http://blog.oregonlive.com/tennis/2011/08/novak_djokovic_and_tennis_orgasmatron.html
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 07 Nov 2011, 12:16 pm

lydian wrote:Isnt that what Nole wraps himself up in every night as he climbs into his egg chamber?

http://www.luxurylaunches.com/entry_images/0811/31/egg-shaped-pressurized-oxygen-chamber-1.jpg
http://blog.oregonlive.com/tennis/2011/08/novak_djokovic_and_tennis_orgasmatron.html

Lydian,
I thought you liked to be perceived as a "moderate" Nadal fan laughing

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 07 Nov 2011, 12:25 pm

I found this quote interesting;

Tennis magazine's Steve Tignor points out that it's within the rules for Djokovic to use the superpod, but he also rightly adds that the World Anti-Doping Agency, while not banning such oxygen chambers, has called them "against the spirit of sport."

You don't hear much about that!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Nov 2011, 12:35 pm

It's a real shame if Bercy plays really slow this year.

I thought last year's tourney was one of the best masters 1000's of the year.

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 07 Nov 2011, 12:46 pm

bogbrush wrote:I found this quote interesting;

Tennis magazine's Steve Tignor points out that it's within the rules for Djokovic to use the superpod, but he also rightly adds that the World Anti-Doping Agency, while not banning such oxygen chambers, has called them "against the spirit of sport."

You don't hear much about that!

Yeah, shame the egg didn't help much in the last 6 weeks....As for S. Tignor, the biggest Nadal fan out there, still not a boo from him (ever) on all the treatments Nadal received.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 07 Nov 2011, 12:57 pm

I thought Tignor was a big Federer fan actually.

It's interesting to see that WADA is not capable of ruling against those machines which in effect has the same role as going and train in altitude ...as well as epo....or even taking extra time between points. The purpose being to increase blood cells carrying O2.

This is why at the end of the day, the PED problem is sorted by lawyers and not science really as a good talk can justify anything.

Last edited by Tenez on Mon 07 Nov 2011, 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 07 Nov 2011, 1:07 pm

Tenez wrote:I thought Tignor was a big Federer fan actually.

It's interesting to see that WADA is not capable of ruling against those machines which in effect has the sale role as going and train in altitude ...as well as epo....or even taking extra time between points. The purpose being to increase blood cells carrying O2.

This is why at the end of the day, the PED problem is sorted by lawyers and not science really as a good talk can justify anything.

NO he isn't. He used to be, though.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Mon 07 Nov 2011, 1:16 pm

time please wrote:the article from the Times is really about Djokovic's injury and TMF's emotional victory in Basel yesterday. The last paragraph is about Murray, but the context begins in relation to Fed's chances. I've typed the last para for the pedants among you all Wink Hug , but it was exhausting I'll have you know, because Hawkeye is right - you can't cut and paste or link because the miserly Times needs you to have subscripted like wot I have! I agree that it isn't really clear whether Murray is pleased with the court speed or disappointed, though I would guess the fact that he said 'very, very slow' instead of 'slow' indicates a level of disappointment, what do you all think?

[/i]

Grovelling apologies for being so pedantic as to point out that the OP of two threads had actually either misquoted them or 'cherry-picked' them to suit their own agenda.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 07 Nov 2011, 2:56 pm

I wanted Cilic over Verdasco but nevermind.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon 07 Nov 2011, 2:58 pm

Calder106

I never misquoted but of course I will "cherry pick" what I find interesting.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 07 Nov 2011, 4:47 pm

Calder106 wrote:
time please wrote:the article from the Times is really about Djokovic's injury and TMF's emotional victory in Basel yesterday. The last paragraph is about Murray, but the context begins in relation to Fed's chances. I've typed the last para for the pedants among you all Wink Hug , but it was exhausting I'll have you know, because Hawkeye is right - you can't cut and paste or link because the miserly Times needs you to have subscripted like wot I have! I agree that it isn't really clear whether Murray is pleased with the court speed or disappointed, though I would guess the fact that he said 'very, very slow' instead of 'slow' indicates a level of disappointment, what do you all think?

[/i]

Grovelling apologies for being so pedantic as to point out that the OP of two threads had actually either misquoted them or 'cherry-picked' them to suit their own agenda.

lol Calder - you really don't need to grovel Laugh ! I did put in lots of smileys so I assumed everyone would know I was teasing! BTW, my what do you all think at the end was a genuine question, even if it probably did have a slightly obvious answer.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 07 Nov 2011, 4:56 pm

NITB, my article didnt refer to Nadal.
Exactly Tenez, and as there's only 20 machines in the world its not exactly a level playing field for all players to access and use them. Besides, can a PED be a performance enhancing drug or device?
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Mon 07 Nov 2011, 5:53 pm

I guess the D could stand for either.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:08 pm

"I agree that it isn't really clear whether Murray is pleased with the court speed or disappointed, though I would guess the fact that he said 'very, very slow' instead of 'slow' indicates a level of disappointment, what do you all think?"

I would agree that he is disappointed if it is really slow. He quite often talks about getting cheap points from good first serves when the courts are faster so think that would be a frustration for him.

Btw I notice that he played (and won a doubles match partnering Ross Hutchins today. So looks like the injury has cleared up and he is getting some court time so won't go into his first singles match cold.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 07 Nov 2011, 10:29 pm

Yes, I saw that he and Hutchins had won their match clap

He didn't sound unduly perturbed by his pain in the butt, so I didn't think it was going to be debilitating for too long.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down