The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Surrey CCC] Carrot & JimBob - Tweeting Help Tonight

3 posters

Go down

[Surrey CCC] Carrot & JimBob - Tweeting Help Tonight Empty [Surrey CCC] Carrot & JimBob - Tweeting Help Tonight

Post by guildfordbat Thu 10 Nov 2011, 6:44 pm

Hi folks,

Tonight (Thursday) is when Surrey CCC host their annual awards evening. The Club has confirmed that the results are bing tweeted live @surreycricket

If you've fed the monkeys, Carrot, and you're not trying to talk Bob Wilson out of retirement, JimBob, I wondered if established and respected tweeters like either of yourselves might like to follow the results tonight and keep dinosaurs like me informed via 606v2 of how much silverware the Viscount is going to have to carry home. Very Happy

Many thanks if either of you or anyone else can assist.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

[Surrey CCC] Carrot & JimBob - Tweeting Help Tonight Empty Re: [Surrey CCC] Carrot & JimBob - Tweeting Help Tonight

Post by guildfordbat Thu 10 Nov 2011, 9:33 pm

Thanks to BatGirl 1 , I've just seen some of the awards as tweeted.

Supporters Player of the Season: The Viscount

Supporters Most Improved Player of the Season: The Viscount

Supporters Young Player of the Season: Jason Roy

Sylvester Clarke Rum Moment: Stuart Meaker's catch to gain promotion

Academy Player of the Season: Freddie van den Bergh

More to follow ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

[Surrey CCC] Carrot & JimBob - Tweeting Help Tonight Empty Re: [Surrey CCC] Carrot & JimBob - Tweeting Help Tonight

Post by guildfordbat Fri 11 Nov 2011, 7:53 am

guildfordbat wrote:Thanks to BatGirl 1 , I've just seen some of the awards as tweeted.

Supporters Player of the Season: The Viscount

Supporters Most Improved Player of the Season: The Viscount

Supporters Young Player of the Season: Jason Roy

Sylvester Clarke Rum Moment: Stuart Meaker's catch to gain promotion

Academy Player of the Season: Freddie van den Bergh

More to follow ....

In addition to his two awards above, the Viscount collected thrre further awards : Kia (club sponsor) Most Improved Player, Kia Bowler of Year and Players' Player of Year. Mightily impressive - even if as predicted by this poster (putting any hint of modesty aside Wink ).

Other awards: Kia Young Player of Year - Tom Maynard, Kia Batsman of Year - The Brain, Graham Kersey Team Man of Year - Nora.

Very well done to all and, in particular, the Viscount clap clap clap

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Fri 11 Nov 2011, 10:00 am

Congratulations to the Viscount [Surrey CCC] Carrot & JimBob - Tweeting Help Tonight 1710857839
It was no surprise he cleaned up but the reason it was not a surprise was because it was fully deserved.
Good to see Wine Gums get an award thought he had a good debut season.
Anyone on here watch the academy who can give us a season review??? Keep hearing about Freddie Van Der Bergh but have never seen hi play, I hope he makes the grade just because I love the name.

Anyway suppose that wraps up the season nicely and now a well deserved braek for us all before what will be a big season one way or another next year [Surrey CCC] Carrot & JimBob - Tweeting Help Tonight 479796

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011, 11:16 am

congrats to the viscount, well done him and surrey on a fantastic season thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 11 Nov 2011, 5:34 pm

MuchHappierSurreyFan wrote:Congratulations to the Viscount [Surrey CCC] Carrot & JimBob - Tweeting Help Tonight 1710857839
It was no surprise he cleaned up but the reason it was not a surprise was because it was fully deserved.
Good to see Wine Gums get an award thought he had a good debut season.
Anyone on here watch the academy who can give us a season review??? Keep hearing about Freddie Van Der Bergh but have never seen hi play, I hope he makes the grade just because I love the name.

Anyway suppose that wraps up the season nicely and now a well deserved braek for us all before what will be a big season one way or another next year [Surrey CCC] Carrot & JimBob - Tweeting Help Tonight 479796

Hi MuchHappier - there are now highlights of the Awards evening on the Club website. Most of it consists of Churchy saying 5 times ''And the winner is [pause] Tim Linley''. However, at the very end there's a typically modest acknowledgement of his success from the Viscount in which he thanks Chris Adams for helping to ''resurrect his career''.

Agree with you about Wine Gums.

Is Freddie ready? I've only seen him as twelfth man at the Oval. Adams seem keen to get him involved with the first team squad and give him a feel of CC cricket. That must be encouraging. However, even with fellow slow bowlers Schoey and King now having been released, he'll still not find it easy to get a first team spot. When he joins up next season - after uni - he'll almost certainly be behind Batty, Ansari and Spriegel in the slowie pecking order. That's even without Kartik signing up. I have to say that my overriding impression of Freddie is that he needs a good meal although I'm sure he would rightly say I need to lose weight! Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:33 am

very well done to surrey, and best of luck in div 1 next year thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Mon 14 Nov 2011, 8:23 pm

Many apologies for my lack of help with this, guildford, I have to say my performances on these boards have been poor of late! Well done to The Viscount, richly deserved.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 15 Nov 2011, 5:42 pm

No probs, Carrot. BatGirl 1 came to the rescue and it was a bit of a cheek anyway. Hope all is well for the family.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down