The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clottey tweeting on Brook

+5
hampo17
manos de piedra
ShahenshahG
Rowley
Seanusarrilius
9 posters

Go down

Clottey tweeting on Brook Empty Clottey tweeting on Brook

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:42 am

Seems there has been some behind the scenes enquiries going on. Clottey tweeted

his team have to understand I have legal battle with my management right now I have bad people surrounding me. Contact TOP RANK to fight me
and

i never heard of this brook guy til recently all my fans demanding I fight him. fine. i can go to the uk or USA I dont care. 147 is fine too
I had almost forgot who Clottey was, but this would be a great test for Brook.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Clottey tweeting on Brook Empty Re: Clottey tweeting on Brook

Post by Rowley Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:45 am

Got to say I would be a little underwhelmed, has lost two of his last three, is 34 year old and apparently weighed 156 last time out. He is durable so certain to give Brook rounds but struggle to see him doing much beyond that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:49 am

Better test than most expect if it comes off. Was poor v pac, non existent in many way. But he gave Cotto a real close fight and many though he won it. So not like he is nothing. He would come to win and although not the most crowd pleasing style, he is v tough. Not a fantasy fight by any means, but Clottey is no Turkey.

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:50 am

You also have to remember that Brooks next test is not going to be Ortiz, Berto, Jones (it would seem) Pac or Mayweather. So, for me that leaves Zaveck and Clottey

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:52 am

It is the weight which concerns me more Sean, if he was genuinely 156 that suggests to me he has either outgrown welter or is at a stage of his career where he cannot be bothered to do the graft to get down in weight. Like you say he is no turkey but just think he might be reaching the kind of age where he is going to drift into opponent territory, although I hope I am wrong.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:54 am

I thinks he's already in that category mate, Think hes the new glen johnson. I dunno, but would a win against brook put him back in line for a big shot? Not a big name but he is ranked

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:55 am

Well he might go that way, you are right. But I look at it this way. If Clottey can get to 147 and be in shape, then he is a big test for Brook. Hearn now knows he can get 10,000 bums on seats for Kell, so he will be looking to milk him for at least 2/3 more fight before bigger tests, unless Khan agrees to fight him, which he wont. So with no other options, I will take Clottey. Guess I am compromising what I want for what I expect and witht hose two variables in mind, I will take Clottey.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:56 am

I actually think it would be a reasonable test against a kind of gatekeeper for the division. I didnt really expect him as n opponent though just because I didnt think he had the appeal that Hearn might want amongst the casual fan.

My main concern would be the kind of motivation Clottey has at this point in his career. Is he just loking to do the rounds or is he looking for a genuine way back into the division? Given the available options out there at the moment I wouldnt be disappointed with Clottey as an opponent as long as its not some half hearted, disinterested version of him.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:09 am

Eddie Hearn is saying no already saying that Clottey said he's a 154 fighter, because nobody has ever moved down weights Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:34 am

Translation "Clottey might win"

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:51 am

Well Clottey has BSed somewhere, claimed he was a 154 fighter and his performance with Pac was down to weight. Now he reckons 147 is fine again, dont sign the fight Hearn theres too many question marks over this guy, and hes boring, has had one good fight in Cotto.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:54 am

Wouldn't exactly be happy if he was picked. Although better than hatton , he's not much better than him. He is a name but at 34, with only 4 fights since 2008, is he a top competitor? Maybe, but fighting at 156 isn't a good sign.

He is defensively sound but you don't look good vs him. He hr a good win over Judah and cotto, but Judah is a LWW and only came in at 143 do got outmuscled and bullied.

However, there isn't much else out there excluding the bigger names who won't fight him. If he can KO him it would still be a big statement

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:21 am

Clottey cant make 147. If he does he'll be drained. Plus he's seen much better days.

Hope it happens though. I like his ring entrances and his azonto dancing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Brook could potentially box the ears off Clottey if this were to go ahead but Clottey can still bang. Age/inactivity/form and weight are all an issue though. I would be happy to see this go ahead but only now and not later.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down