The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brook v JMM

+9
Seanusarrilius
Coxy001
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
TRUSSMAN66
Yojimbonufc
Dipper Brown
Commander
wheelchair1991
Kareem61
13 posters

Go down

Brook v JMM Empty Brook v JMM

Post by Kareem61 Thu 19 Feb 2015, 5:43 pm

Eddie Hearn has been touting JMM as a possible next opponent for Kell Brook should he get through his first title defence against Jo Jo Dan. Should that fight happen, how does everyone see it going?

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Brook v JMM Empty Re: Brook v JMM

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 19 Feb 2015, 5:48 pm

I see brook winning he is too big and strong plus JMM has had injury trouble lately

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Thu 19 Feb 2015, 5:55 pm

If JMM comes in looking like the Hulk, he could have a chance.. otherwise, natural decline and his latest injury would mean he will likely be out-boxed at range.

Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 19 Feb 2015, 6:36 pm

If they've timed it right it's a good name for Brook's CV.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Thu 19 Feb 2015, 10:11 pm

I the to agree commander. If he can roll back the years a little and the knee isn't an issue then he has more than a chance. Otherwise as dippers stated its a good name on brooks cv.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Yojimbonufc Fri 20 Feb 2015, 2:40 pm

Would love to see it if JMM still has something left and can move well on the bad knee. Could be sad to watch at this point though.

Yojimbonufc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 2:52 pm

Kareem61 wrote:Eddie Hearn has been touting JMM as a possible next opponent for Kell Brook should he get through his first title defence against Jo Jo Dan. Should that fight happen, how does everyone see it going?

Wouldn't give him a licence If I was the BBB of c..........

41 years old.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 20 Feb 2015, 2:53 pm

Think Marquez has a punchers chance, but think his age and size disadvantage will play into Kells favour and think kell should be able to comfortably outpoint him

May not be the hardest fight but a big name which will help Brook in future negotiations should the fight take place, lots of exposure to gain from this

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 2:55 pm

If JMM has something left he gives Brook hell. If he doesn't I can see Brook strolling to a fairly wide UD.

As Dipper has said I think they're trying to time it right for Brook, which is a bit of a shame in my eyes. Would love to see Marquez come in and give Brook absolute hell though (proving the doubters wrong he has lost a step) before the latter pulls it out of the bag after spending a vast amount of time in Trench Lane, Frochville, Warriorshire, WA5510R.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 3:00 pm

Why is anybody wanting to see a shell who's 41 come over here.........

I don't get it..............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 20 Feb 2015, 3:01 pm

A shell? how so

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 3:06 pm

He won't have fought for a year...........If he fights Brook..........He''ll be nearly 42...

Do I have to spell it out........

Reflexes, speed................all gone..........

I don't want to see anybody fighting past 40......

Recovery capacity is lessened..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 4:26 pm

Wladamir K is 39 next week. Does that mean he's got a year left then he'll be finished?

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 20 Feb 2015, 4:29 pm

Even with his new found Hulk features, Marquez should lose to Brook. Brook too big, too strong, too lispy.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 4:29 pm

I don't like seeing 40 year olds in a ring.........

It's no place for fighters of that age.........

Been training for 25 years .............I know how much more difficult it is to recover these days...

Lack of talent is the reason these past it fighters are being successful...........Thay are all past it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 4:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I don't like seeing 40 year olds in a ring.........

Been training for 25 years .............I know how much more difficult it is to recover these days...

Lack of talent is the reason these past it fighters are being successful...........Thay are all past it...

Didn't do BHop any harm.

Recovery gets tougher yes, but these guys (Wlad, FMJ etc) are so ridiculously well conditioned that it is part of the reason why they're able to keep on going. From a personal point of view will be interesting to see how a winter spent strengthening muscles around a troublesome knee/lower back impacts on my ability to get out of bed each morning after a game and then go play tennis or something.

Wlad has never looked better, yet he should give it all up because of age?

Nicklaus won at 46, still remember that back 9 charge he made when supposedly just making up the numbers.

BHop was busy demolishing Pavlik at 42 and a few of our pockets that we emptied to the bookies.

Redgrave was what, 37, in possibly the most insanely knackering sport I've ever tried

I could go on.

Age is merely a number. You learn to do things better as you get older even though you may lose other parts of your makeup.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 4:55 pm

Coxy001 wrote:

Didn't do BHop any harm.

Recovery gets tougher yes, but these guys (Wlad, FMJ etc) are so ridiculously well conditioned that it is part of the reason why they're able to keep on going. From a personal point of view will be interesting to see how a winter spent strengthening muscles around a troublesome knee/lower back impacts on my ability to get out of bed each morning after a game and then go play tennis or something.

Wlad has never looked better, yet he should give it all up because of age?

Nicklaus won at 46, still remember that back 9 charge he made when supposedly just making up the numbers.

BHop was busy demolishing Pavlik at 42 and a few of our pockets that we emptied to the bookies.

Redgrave was what, 37, in possibly the most insanely knackering sport I've ever tried

I could go on.

Age is merely a number. You learn to do things better as you get older even though you may lose other parts of your makeup.  

There is a reason why you don't see 37 year olds dominating other sports..........

That's because there is talent.........

Hopkins ??.............That's the guy that fights 30 seconds a round !!..Good example ..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 5:25 pm

I think truss you dont give credit to modern methods and improved conditioning so there are bound to be more older champions

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 5:48 pm

Believe me I do.....But If nutrition is the be all and end all why do modern fighters struggle to go 12 and yet old timers could go 15 at a fast pace..

When you're 37....You're 37.....

Look at other sports..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 Feb 2015, 5:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Believe me I do.....But If nutrition is the be all and end all why do modern fighters struggle to go 12 and yet old timers could go 15 at a fast pace..

Look at other sports..

Phil Taylor is in his 50s (this is a joke before people feel the need to point out how ridiculous a comparison it is)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 6:01 pm

I love your sense of humor Mate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 20 Feb 2015, 6:31 pm

Rowley wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Believe me I do.....But If nutrition is the be all and end all why do modern fighters struggle to go 12 and yet old timers could go 15 at a fast pace..

Look at other sports..

Phil Taylor is in his 50s (this is a joke before people feel the need to point out how ridiculous a comparison it is)

"Jocky Wilson.......what an athlete!!!!".............both parties dead unfortunately.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 20 Feb 2015, 6:32 pm

You need a new dealer.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 20 Feb 2015, 6:39 pm

I wouldn't rule out Marquez. Still a great counter and combination puncher. And the ache is unlikely to be from eating too many chips.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 20 Feb 2015, 6:49 pm

Seem to have a real issue with age Truss. I hope you're not being mischievous, playing the age card so you can praise Floyd defying the odds should he win his next fight Wink. Never know with you!

Looking at other sports, AC Milan would be a good example. Their sports science department was the envy of football for years for keeping their players in peak condition as they advanced in years. Chelsea's 'Dad's Army' when Ancelotti was boss (ex Milan) would be another example. It's not an exact science, one man's 37 is another man's 27.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 20 Feb 2015, 6:52 pm

Although from a fans perspective I do generally prefer to see the younger man be passed the torch. Wanted Groves to beat Froch because conceivably we could be watching Groves in world title fights for the next ten years whereas Froch doesn't have as much to give.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 6:55 pm

How many out field players in the premiership are 37 plus....

If age doesn't diminish your skills...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 Feb 2015, 6:59 pm

Strongback wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Look at other sports..

"Jocky Wilson.......what an athlete!!!!".............both parties dead unfortunately.

One of my favourite ever pieces of darts commentary was on the BBC, some dutch player was throwing and the commentator said (insert name), an estate agent back in his native Holland, so something of a boffin.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 7:03 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:How many out field players in the premiership are 37 plus....

If age doesn't diminish your skills...

Because they don't train properly? There's a reason why rugby players retire around the same age yet put their bodies through a Poopie load more.

Age diminishes desire. You look at Froch, FMJ, Wlad - they have all dedicated themselves to the sport and why they're not exactly embarrassing themselves for 3 guys with a combined age of 85. And 2 are in the top 3 P4P list and the other #2 in a stacked division.

As I said before what they may have lost in 10 years they've made up for in other areas, hence why they're still at the top of their sport and divisions (all 3 = #1)

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 Feb 2015, 7:07 pm

One thing that has to be considered is top tier fighters fight with far less frequency than in almost any other generation, and over shorter duration fights, this makes it an inevitability they should be able to carry on a little longer than in yesteryear.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 20 Feb 2015, 7:11 pm

Wasn't it reported widely some Italian footballers were taking ped's. Strong rumours about Juve and obviously Japp Stam got caught.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 7:27 pm

Reflexes and the tank are the first to go....

Larry Holmes (35) against Spinks line.."I could see the openings but he was gone by the time I got off"...

Like I said Tennis players, athletes and soccer players disappear by 37.....The few soccer players that don't are used sparingly..

Because there legs have gone...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 20 Feb 2015, 7:48 pm

As much as I dislike Brook I hope he wins this one if it happens. He doesn't deserve JMM on his record but if he wins it then it sets up a fight with Khan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:28 pm

Then Khan makes him look silly.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 21 Feb 2015, 12:54 am

Kareem61 wrote:Then Khan makes him look silly.
Yep. Wide points decision or late TKO for Khan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sat 21 Feb 2015, 9:20 am

Just like Porter made him look silly yeah? Who is the best opponent either has faced?

Sod off to your normal board sunshine. The idiots there are more suited to you.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 21 Feb 2015, 9:36 am

Porter is a different fighter with different strengths, almost enitrely opposite to Khan. I think Khan wins, as for making him look silly, its a possibility but probably not enough to justify the confidence you've put into it Kareem.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Sat 21 Feb 2015, 10:08 am

Fair enough Shah, maybe making him looks silly was a slight over statement but as I've previously stated, I think it's a fight that khan wins fairly easily. I've yet to see anything from Brook which would suggest he can fight at Khans level. As for you Coxy, is there any need for childish insults? I was under the impression that forums were used to discuss and debate points, if you disagree with me by all means state why. Is it because you're actually a massive racist with an eerily strong dislike for Amir? Please don't respond with the usual tripe about a ducks fart blowing him over because it's utter nonsense.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sat 21 Feb 2015, 10:38 am

Kareem61 wrote:Fair enough Shah, maybe making him looks silly was a slight over statement but as I've previously stated, I think it's a fight that khan wins fairly easily. I've yet to see anything from Brook which would suggest he can fight at Khans level. As for you Coxy, is there any need for childish insults? I was under the impression that forums were used to discuss and debate points, if you disagree with me by all means state why. Is it because you're actually a massive racist with an eerily strong dislike for Amir? Please don't respond with the usual tripe about a ducks fart blowing him over because it's utter nonsense.

Yes, I'm a right wing UKIP supporter. Or not.

I'm racist because I don't like Khan but at the same like Brook? That some of my favourite cricket players to watch (or watched back in the day) contain Afridi, Ahktar, Younis?

It's people like yourself that should stop blaming society for any negative comments and that they must simply be racist. It's ignorance of the highest order.

Brook dealt with Porter who's no slouch. To suggest he gets taken to the cleaners by Khan is far fetched and nothing more I'd expect from a fan of his. Khan has speed yes, but Brook isn't slow or afraid to mix it like Devon was. His last fight has created, in my eyes, a smokescreen that has elevated him above the chinny, brainless fighter he really is. He can't fight going backwards, and at some point Brook catches him coming in or goades him into fighting a fight where it gets rough and then knocks him out.

ignorant tool.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Sat 21 Feb 2015, 10:47 am

A simple no would have sufficed. You seem rather aggressive, do you find that using an aggressive or threatening tone to your argument adds to its weight? I prefer facts but each to their own I guess.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sat 21 Feb 2015, 11:05 am

One gets accused of being a racist and I'm supposed to be enamoured? Almost as offensive as saying Khan beats Brook with ease! Wink

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Sat 21 Feb 2015, 11:31 am

You did imply I was an idiot Wink I hope the Khan v brook fight is made, it will provide a platform for some interesting debate and hopefully show us whether Khan really has changed and improved under hunter or whether brook is actually better than some of us give him credit for.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 21 Feb 2015, 12:33 pm

Coxy001 wrote:

Just like Porter made him look silly yeah? Who is the best opponent either has faced?

Sod off to your normal board sunshine. The idiots there are more suited to you.
Coxy you need to calm a bit. You have already been banned from this forum more times than Dylan Hartley has been banned from playing rugby

Pipe it down and quit with insults just because you don't like someone else's opinion. Then we can all get along nicely Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 21 Feb 2015, 3:19 pm

Steffan wrote:As much as I dislike Brook I hope he wins this one if it happens. He doesn't deserve JMM on his record but if he wins it then it sets up a fight with Khan

Has the capacity to outbox Kell and make it an easy night. He's a great talent !!!..................But as Forrest said about boxes of chocolates....With Khan... You never know what you're gonna get !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down