The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murray Feels Hard Done By

+18
barrystar
ADMIN
yummymummy
laverfan
Solerina
Jeremy_Kyle
noleisthebest
legendkillar
djlovesyou
Mad for Chelsea
bogbrush
monty junior
Danny_1982
Tenez
Calder106
CaledonianCraig
lags72
hawkeye
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Murray Feels Hard Done By - Page 3 Empty Murray Feels Hard Done By

Post by hawkeye Fri 11 Nov 2011, 11:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

On many occasions Murray has managed to get away with using "bad language" on court. Agree or disagree this is against the rules. Today he got a warning. Instead of being apologetic he felt hard is done by. This is what he said (according to The Times PPV)

“Actually I said (I'm afraid you will have to use your imagination here. The Times printed the swear word that Murray used but 606v2 must have a filter that prevents its use) to the umpire and that got me a warning,” Murray said. “I’ve been to watch a lot of football and you hear a lot worse than that and you don’t get yellow card.

I didn't see the incident however IMO a highly paid tennis professional should not swear at an umpire. Maybe it was done in the heat of the moment however moaning to the press just shows that Murray feels entitled to do so. An umpires job is difficult enough without having their authority publically undermined in this way.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Murray Feels Hard Done By - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray Feels Hard Done By

Post by R!skysports Wed 16 Nov 2011, 10:41 am

Wow, what an interesting article

I think the OP has got this wrong, from the quote it seems that he is questioning whether the word is a swear word, not if he can swear at the umpire

Big difference,

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:30 pm

Riskysports wrote:Wow, what an interesting article

I think the OP has got this wrong, from the quote it seems that he is questioning whether the word is a swear word, not if he can swear at the umpire

Big difference,

Exactly.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 16 Nov 2011, 2:27 pm

I promised I wouldn't even look at this thread again... but but

So Murray didn't know he was swearing?

Let me try it out and see if it gets past the 606v2 swear filters "Love sacks". Mmm 606v2 thinks its swearing.

Maybe those that still think its not swearing could try it out by using it to their Teacher, Boss, friendly policeman, magistrate, football ref, or other figure of authority and let Murray know the results.

Or maybe not. Murray could test it again himself when serving at match point down to Berdych on Monday...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 2:55 pm

hawkeye wrote:I promised I wouldn't even look at this thread again... but but

So Murray didn't know he was swearing?

Let me try it out and see if it gets past the 606v2 swear filters "Love sacks". Mmm 606v2 thinks its swearing.

Maybe those that still think its not swearing could try it out by using it to their Teacher, Boss, friendly policeman, magistrate, football ref, or other figure of authority and let Murray know the results.

Or maybe not. Murray could test it again himself when serving at match point down to Berdych on Monday...

That will be difficult considering he is playing Ferrer on Monday. Doh

It was actually quite interesting that the Daily Mail printed the full b*****ks word in the article as did The Times yet on yesterdays article they starred out p****d off.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:03 pm

Hawkeye

The word used is a swear word but such an extremely mild one that it barely considered swearing any more. This is a complete non-issue and certainly does not merit an entire article.

Oh and the issue of how much he is paid is entirely irrelevant, to suggest otherwise is frankly laughable.

Anyway - back to tennis

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:36 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
bogbrush wrote:It must be comforting for Murray to know that with Craig around he will never be without a defender.

Murray has a right potty mouth on court, far more than just this incident, and for him gto go on a whinge for this is pathetic.

Err me thinks you need to realise the difference between a moan (hawkeye) and a whinge (bogbrush) and realise it was a response to a reporters question about it. As I've already pointed out even Federer has an acid tongue on court but of course here we have another chance to bash Murray by the OP. Something of a trend in the OP's topics started don't you think?

Federer swore ONCE as far as I can remember, since when does this translate to "acid tongue"? Unfairly labelling another sportsman to try to defend another is pathetic. Like saying Murray can't be wrong because someone else did that too! Another "trend" is that when someone states a fact or offers an opinion that is less than favourable towards Murray you leap to his defence like an over protective mother!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:45 pm

Are you defending hawkeye by unfairly labelling CC SDB?? Kind of tripped yourself up there laughing

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:49 pm

I was wondering when Smelly But Deadly was going to jump on this thread.

Another contradiction is always welcomed by the un-informed Laugh

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:54 pm

Actually no he swore twice in that US Open but if you bothered to read the whole viewpoint I was not having a go at Federer for swearing but merely pointing out that ALL players swear and so why is the original poster making a big issue of this when even the British media don't see it as newsworthy.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:56 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd the champion of the world for "completely missing the point" is

Super

D

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 16 Nov 2011, 5:45 pm

Ah the Murray nuthuggers once again claiming to own the intellectual high ground again! Laugh

No, Murray does not lose his temper on court!

No, Murray does swear but Federer does it so it's okay for Murray to do so!

No, Murray wins all his events when the best are playing their best tennis because there's no recorded proof that they weren't!

No Caledonian Craig and his menial followers are very balanced on the issue of Murray!

No Murray HAS won a slam!

OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 6:07 pm

Not difficult to claim the intellectual high ground against you SDB.

Please point out to me where anyone has claimed that Murray has never lost his temper on court. Also where has anyone said that Murray has won a slam?? Also no-one has said that it is ok for Murray to swear, merely that pretty much all the players do it - very different.

As for when Murray wins. He wins because he beats his opponents on the day. Anything else is pure conjecture.

Just out of interest, do you actually have anything constructive to bring to this debate or are cheap insults all you have to offer?

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 16 Nov 2011, 6:08 pm

606 >>> That way Super D Boon.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 16 Nov 2011, 6:29 pm

Awwww Super Bafoon

Now now. Does baby want his bottle?

So because you only heard Federer swear once means that because you stand above all those who follow tennis are only to follow that simplistic knowledge you hold and share to all as fact.

Laugh

Though I did see an advert for a bumwiper for Roger. I shall put you forward OK

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3