The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - During and Post Race Forum

+8
Fernando
dyrewolfe
wow
Critical_mass
monty junior
Mad for Chelsea
erictheblueuk
The Special Juan
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - During and Post Race Forum - Page 2 Empty Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - During and Post Race Forum

Post by The Special Juan Sun 13 Nov 2011, 12:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is a topic to discuss events during and after the 2011 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Can I just say I'm loving Eddie's shirt today?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - During and Post Race Forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - During and Post Race Forum

Post by liverbnz Wed 16 Nov 2011, 2:02 pm

Webber was clearly struggling on the brakes into the corner following the 2nd DRS zone, so he probably wanted to skip Button after the first zone and keep him behind into the 2nd.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - During and Post Race Forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - During and Post Race Forum

Post by Fernando Wed 16 Nov 2011, 10:54 pm

Here's why Vettel's tyre blew up

Spoiler:

Rumors has surfaced that the Blown Diffuser may have caused it

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Thu 17 Nov 2011, 4:17 pm

I'm not surprised. Ted Kravitz made a comment about the floor being possibly responsible for the puncture.

They've got something in Vettel's car that enables them launch off the grid and immediately open up a lead of over a second from the first few corners.

Last edited by Belgarion of Riva on Thu 17 Nov 2011, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar and punctuation)

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 17 Nov 2011, 8:29 pm

Critical_mass wrote:
fernando wrote:Anyone know what was hanging off underneath Webber's car yesterday?

Brundle and DC kept mentioning it

They were saying it was likely to be some carbon. It could only have been carbon, but i didnt realise cured carbon fibre would flap?

Coulthard kept referring to it as a plastic bag Rolling Eyes

Turns out it was some rubber from Sebastien exploded tyre, That's not good news for your Aero having a big wedge of rubber under the car.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Thu 17 Nov 2011, 8:31 pm

Belgarion of Riva wrote:They've got something in Vettel's car that enables them launch off the grid and immediately open up a lead of over a second from the first few corners.

Yes, I have read about this device that gives him an advantage in the start. It's a unique device called Seb Vettel! Unfortunately, the other Red Bull has a Mark Webber launch device.

Seriously, if Vettel had such a device fitted to his car then why is it not on Webbers car? And if it is then Webber would have to be the worst starter on the grid.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Thu 17 Nov 2011, 8:47 pm

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:
Belgarion of Riva wrote:They've got something in Vettel's car that enables them launch off the grid and immediately open up a lead of over a second from the first few corners.

Yes, I have read about this device that gives him an advantage in the start. It's a unique device called Seb Vettel! Unfortunately, the other Red Bull has a Mark Webber launch device.

Seriously, if Vettel had such a device fitted to his car then why is it not on Webbers car? And if it is then Webber would have to be the worst starter on the grid.

Alessandro, good point but in all seriousness I think the RedBull has a superior launch control device and the way the car disappears after the first few corners leads me to believe something's fitted in the car.

Webbers car and Vettel's car are not the same. As much as people would like to believe it, they aren't. Same with Alonso's and Massa's ferraris

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Fri 18 Nov 2011, 8:11 am

I see your point about the cars not looking the same as the difference in performance baffles me as well. Especially the difference in performance between Red Bulls 2 drivers.

But, I don't see why teams would have to deliberately make the 'number 2' drivers’ car slower. Team orders are legal again so all they have to do is instruct the car to slow down and allow the 'number 1' driver pass.

When you considering the importance and the value of the constructor’s championship to the teams it becomes very hard to believe a team would do this. I believed that Red Bull were genuinely going for a 1-2 in the WDC as well as #1 in the WCC to really show their dominance.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 18 Nov 2011, 10:02 am

Belgarion of Riva wrote:I'm not surprised. Ted Kravitz made a comment about the floor being possibly responsible for the puncture.

They've got something in Vettel's car that enables them launch off the grid and immediately open up a lead of over a second from the first few corners.

Rubbish.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 12:48 pm

Just listen to yourselves. Red Bull has no special launching device which is significantly superior to its rivals. That 'so-called' device was fantastic in China & Spain wasn't it for Vettel? Hamilton was 'exceedingly cautious' going into Turn 1 and thats why Vettel's lead looked huge already. Webber has struggled with qualification and starting procedure, this has resulted in poor track position which ultimately handcuffs Webber considerably as he has to deal with wheel to wheel racing, dirty air & increased tyre wear while he battles the chasing pack, something Vettel has rarely experienced other than Nurburgring........AND we all know how the great Vettel performed there!

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 18 Nov 2011, 1:14 pm

Surely even Vettel's allowed to have one bad race a season?

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sat 19 Nov 2011, 11:07 pm

Test

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 21 Nov 2011, 1:46 pm

Belgarion of Riva wrote:I'm not surprised. Ted Kravitz made a comment about the floor being possibly responsible for the puncture.

Indeed. I believe it's called Sebastien Vettel! Laugh
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2