The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connachts Departees

+13
Kingshu
Golden
HURLEY_BURLEY
asoreleftshoulder
Sin é
thebandwagonsociety
FitzStephen
Standulstermen
Don Alfonso
greybeard
Thomond
Artful_Dodger
red_stag
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Connachts Departees - Page 2 Empty Connachts Departees

Post by red_stag Sun 13 Nov 2011, 3:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Last season saw Connacht lose several of their best players - Fionn Carr (winger), Sean Cronin (hooker), Ian Keatley (flyhalf), Jamie Hagan (tighthead prop). All were guaranteed first choice players.

On Friday night, we saw Connacht play their hearts out against Aviva Premiership Harlequins leaders in London. By contrast Ian Keatley sat on a bench for the whole match, Fionn Carr and Jamie Hagan weren't involved in European Rugby and were playing for the Leinster 2nd XV. Sean Cronin came off the bench but wasn't deemed good enough to start the game.

Was it a good move for them?
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Connachts Departees - Page 2 Empty Re: Connachts Departees

Post by Standulstermen Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:07 pm

No you are right grey. Ulster had him signed i believe but changed their minds. I fully expect Humph Snr to be working on bringing Mr Bowe back next season (a lot may depend on the respective fortunes of Ospreys/Ulster). With a player of that calibre coming back into Irish rugby it does leave few enough spaces for a player like Carr.

IF Bowe came back Ulster would have Payne, Trimble, D'arcy, Gilroy, Bowe, Gaston along with young Peter Nelson coming through. Out of that group presently i would only have Carr above Gaston.

Leinster have Fitz, McFadden?, Kearney x2, Nacewa, Conway (Horgan will be gone)

Munster have Hurley, Howlett (when is he signed to?), Zebo, Earls, Jones and Murphy. Our of that bunch i think he would be up there after Jones, Earls and Howlett although i think the Munster mindset is geared towards more functional players so Hurley would be prefered.

In all honesty Connacht may well be the best place for Carr and Bowe coming to Munster might be the best thing for Irish Rugby (not that i want that to happen)

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2