The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bournemouth Open

+12
turnip
Mercurio
McLaren
Davie
puligny
Doc
LadyPutt
Maverick
redmonkey80
Noshankingtonite
drive4show
LondonJonnyO
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bournemouth Open Empty Bournemouth Open

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri 28 Jan 2011, 4:21 pm

The Bournemouth Open Week is again coming up in June this year and has a variety of events.

There are comps for male and female players of all handicaps and ages and they offer a good opportunity for us all to enjoy some competition golf at reasonable courses for very low prices. As well as bragging rights should you win one of them!

I've entered and D4S will also be there... and it seems that Mave might also be working on the other half to get down there.

Is anyone else interested?

website link is:

www.bournemouthopen.net

That contains entry requirements, fees, and other useful info.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Bournemouth Open Empty Re: Bournemouth Open

Post by drive4show Fri 28 Jan 2011, 9:06 pm

I'm a Bournemouth local so if anyone wants to come down and needs advice on where to stay, please give me a shout.

As LJ says, there are competitions all week from Monday to Saturday, something for everyone. Men, ladies, seniors, mixed, all handicaps etc etc.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sat 29 Jan 2011, 9:38 am

Is there a handicap restriction... cos I felt like Marty McFly from 'Back to the Future' when I phoned the nice lady at Saunton yesterday and PLEADED and BEGGED and even offered my BODY :affraid: to be allowed to play in the Easter Open. Unfortunately 'computer said no' and FYI she said that next year there are only likely to be 26 rpt 26 places for outsiders - soooo LJ and Drive what is the handicap restriction for the Bournmouth Open and when it be on :?:
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sat 29 Jan 2011, 9:44 am

LJ:
Celebrate good times c'mon..... yeah.... handicap limit is 24 so I'm defo up for that one :cheers: :lol!:
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sat 29 Jan 2011, 12:01 pm

NoShanking

Have a look at the website, there are different competitions on all week and each one has different handicap limits. Something for everyone!

http://bournemouthopen.net/events.html

ps that's bad news about Saunton, kinda defeats the purpose of staging an 'open' event.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by redmonkey80 Sat 29 Jan 2011, 5:53 pm

I am definitely up for it

anyone know when you have to enter by (closing date) as if I manage to get a handicap under 15 in the next month 6 weeks (may well be pie in the sky but been playing fairly well recently) then I would be wanting to go for the full 72 holes.?

redmonkey80

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Mon 31 Jan 2011, 9:23 am

Am still working on MRs Mav, only issue im facing is the sunday of the open happens to be her birthday! ⛳

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon 31 Jan 2011, 2:35 pm

RedMonkey - the closing date for enteries is usually pretty flexible. Kevin Holmes who is the tournament sec is really helpful if you need to speak to him. The website is very good and gives you lots of information.

I had planned on entering this year (came 3rd in Ladies comp two years ago) now that I have two good legs again but will have just returned from a holiday in South Africa and won't be able to afford the time off work. Met up with D4S and LJ last year after their 36-holes - ask LJ about the Welsh Wizard! :lol:
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 31 Jan 2011, 2:37 pm

LP.

Not even thinking of the mixed with the other LP?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 31 Jan 2011, 2:39 pm

redmonkey80 wrote:I am definitely up for it

anyone know when you have to enter by (closing date) as if I manage to get a handicap under 15 in the next month 6 weeks (may well be pie in the sky but been playing fairly well recently) then I would be wanting to go for the full 72 holes.?

The handicap limit seemed fairly flexible as we played with the 'Welsh Wizard' for 18 holes last year and he had a dispensation to play from 9 with a higher handicap.

Either that or he just lied to get in. And I wouldn't want to accuse him of that. Such a lovely bloke and great company.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon 31 Jan 2011, 3:01 pm

[quote="LondonJonnyO"]
redmonkey80 wrote:. Such a lovely bloke and great company.

Yes, until he asked which end of the club you should hold :face:

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 31 Jan 2011, 3:02 pm

[quote="drive4show"]
LondonJonnyO wrote:
redmonkey80 wrote:. Such a lovely bloke and great company.

Yes, until he asked which end of the club you should hold :face:

True... but that provided ample practice in pointing and laughing.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon 31 Jan 2011, 3:57 pm

LondonJonnyO wrote:LP.

Not even thinking of the mixed with the other LP?

Not this year LJ. Neither of us has played, or even picked up a club, for more than 18 months so we're really rusty and although he's happily retired, one of us has to work to earn the pennies!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 31 Jan 2011, 4:01 pm

LadyPutt wrote:Not this year LJ. Neither of us has played, or even picked up a club, for more than 18 months so we're really rusty and although he's happily retired, one of us has to work to earn the pennies!

the withdrawl symptoms must be either at a bit of a head or you've finished the cold turkey and are now considering staying away from the game....

LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon 31 Jan 2011, 4:07 pm

Not staying away, just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit as we're going to have to spend quite a bit of time on the range before we start playing again. In a couple of months time I should be OK to walk the course again. I don't want to resort to buggies as I was having to do towards the end of 2009 as I need the exercise Bournemouth Open 3933776953
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 31 Jan 2011, 4:08 pm

Considering the weather, my constant injuries, and the rather rich and filling food I have been enjoying the last few weeks I think I could use the exercise as well!
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Fri 04 Feb 2011, 2:08 pm

drive4show wrote:I'm a Bournemouth local so if anyone wants to come down and needs advice on where to stay, please give me a shout.

As LJ says, there are competitions all week from Monday to Saturday, something for everyone. Men, ladies, seniors, mixed, all handicaps etc etc.

Drive:
Will see you in Saunton, but I'm definitely interested in this 36 hole open, so if you know of any good places to stay and local hostelries with half-decent ale then that would be great. At least my handicap won't preclude me from playing in this one thumbsup
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri 04 Feb 2011, 2:12 pm

NST

No worries, see you down at Saunton, will give you the lowdown on where to stay in Bournemouth. I'll take you for a beer and show you where all the pretty laydeees drink thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 04 Feb 2011, 2:14 pm

LondonJonnyO wrote:Considering the weather, my constant injuries, and the rather rich and filling food I have been enjoying the last few weeks I think I could use the exercise as well!

LJ you porker Very Happy

LP please explain the: Bounce ...... I'm obviously miles away from what it was intended to mean Shocked

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Fri 04 Feb 2011, 2:22 pm

Doc - I meant I need the exercise (LJ knows what I mean - we're obviously on the same wavelength). You may not know but I had two hip replacements last year (in Janary and October) so haven't played for a long time. Hope to start on the range soon - but the knees are playing up now Crying or Very sad
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Fri 04 Feb 2011, 2:33 pm

drive4show wrote:NST

No worries, see you down at Saunton, will give you the lowdown on where to stay in Bournemouth. I'll take you for a beer and show you where all the pretty laydeees drink thumbsup

Pretty laydees are good, EASY ladies are so much better Wink Looking forward to it!
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Fri 04 Feb 2011, 9:58 pm

2 questions:
1. Are you entering 36 hole scratch?
2. Last time I played at Queens Park - mixed event during the golf week - there were so many dog walkers on the course it became just about impossible to play! This included a tirade from a women throwing a frisbee for her German Shepard in front of the first tee. She eventually agreed to move away after 10 minutes! Not surprisingly I haven't been back! Has it improved?

Sorry if that sounds negative but it was bad!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri 04 Feb 2011, 10:14 pm

puligny wrote:2 questions:
1. Are you entering 36 hole scratch?
2. Last time I played at Queens Park - mixed event during the golf week - there were so many dog walkers on the course it became just about impossible to play! This included a tirade from a women throwing a frisbee for her German Shepard in front of the first tee. She eventually agreed to move away after 10 minutes! Not surprisingly I haven't been back! Has it improved?

Sorry if that sounds negative but it was bad!

answers!

1. Yes.
2. I think you'll still have that to a small extent as it is public ground... that said it's still very enjoyable. Mainly as last time I got a game with D4S and we were highly entertained by the antics of our 3rd man. And got to meet up with LadyPutt and LordPutt after the event for a quick beer. This time it seems like there are more of us going down so it should be good.

Also... some guy cam up to me after the round (as he'd heard someone call me John) and asked if I was LondonJonnyO from 606! We're famous people... or should that be notorious... anyway it was a bit of a shock :606laugh:
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 05 Feb 2011, 7:47 am

I expect the lime green strides were the giveaway :606laugh:

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sat 05 Feb 2011, 9:24 am

I'm definitely entering the 18-24 36 hole comp on the Thursday and Friday so I'll be down Wednesday night... looking forward to meeting up with the 606 'legends' king
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sat 05 Feb 2011, 2:34 pm

NST

Hope you like the hottest of hot food? Me and LJ will be dragging you out for curry but we don't do girly kormas!

:606laugh:

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sat 05 Feb 2011, 2:36 pm

drive4show wrote:NST

Hope you like the hottest of hot food? Me and LJ will be dragging you out for curry but we don't do girly kormas!

mmm... vindaloo! It truly oils the golfswing for the following morning! thumbsup
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sat 05 Feb 2011, 2:44 pm

LJ / Drive:
I could probably just amount manage a madras, but vindaloo that's just plain crazy talk. I'd end up with a ring-peice like John Wayne's saddle-bags after eating that kind of fodder :shooter:
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sat 05 Feb 2011, 3:02 pm

All joking apart (and I think Drive has mentioned this already) I think these type of 'open' comps provide the ideal framework for us 606v2ers to meet up, cos the venue and event has already been organised. All we need to arrange is the entry fee and accommodation. It completely takes the 'risk' factor out of someone having to outlay deposit money up-front and then finding that half the people who said they were going to turn up don't make it. I think there would be scope to arrange regional events at a later stage, but from a personal standpoint events like Saunton and Bournmouth work well for anyone in the South East/West or Midlands and I'm sure there will be similar events for the North East/North West, Scotland and Wales and Ireland and as our tribe grows organically a greater likelihood of half a dozen or so folk turning up at each regional comp. thumbsup
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sat 05 Feb 2011, 3:38 pm

Noshankingtonite wrote:LJ / Drive:
I could probably just amount manage a madras, but vindaloo that's just plain crazy talk. I'd end up with a ring-peice like John Wayne's saddle-bags after eating that kind of fodder :shooter:

How about a marginally pepped up samosa?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sat 05 Feb 2011, 3:52 pm

Chicken Tikka Bhuna Balti with keema naan and pilau rice... washed down with some decent real ale and that should set me up nicely for my comp thumbsup If I can ever get out the bog the next morning that is...
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sat 05 Feb 2011, 4:14 pm

Noshankingtonite wrote:Chicken Tikka Bhuna Balti with keema naan and pilau rice... washed down with some decent real ale and that should set me up nicely for my comp thumbsup If I can ever get out the bog the next morning that is...

I can see where you're coming from. But make that a Chilli Keema Naan and then we're talking. And it has to be Cobra with a curry!
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sat 05 Feb 2011, 6:21 pm

OK boys, enough!

This is making me very hungry :606laugh:

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sat 05 Feb 2011, 7:07 pm

drive4show wrote:OK boys, enough!

This is making me very hungry :606laugh:

Dunno what you mean.

Hello? Is that the Balti house? Yes. My usual please.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Sun 06 Feb 2011, 1:46 pm

don't forget to put a toilet roll in the fridge before going to bed!!!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sun 06 Feb 2011, 5:13 pm

puligny wrote:don't forget to put a toilet roll in the fridge before going to bed!!!

If you don't feel the burn twice you haven't had a real curry. :606laugh:
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Mon 07 Feb 2011, 12:19 pm

Prefer Kingfisher to Cobra tbh LJ: but hey let's not split hairs. Toilet roll in fridge good idea Puligny, lest one will be dabbing away with a wet peice of cotton attached to a string :crying:
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed 13 Apr 2011, 12:01 pm

right. after long delays (as I kept forgetting to post the entry form) I'm sending out my entry to the Queens Park Scratch.

I'm not going to stay in the Meyrick Lodge this year. Whilst it was ok I want somewhere away from the golf course... as such I'm looking at various B&B places around the town.

Who else is coming down? And as I'll be driving down on the Thursday morning so if there is a need for a bag carrier I'm happy to provide my services for the reward of a quick half somewhere... Drool
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 13 Apr 2011, 12:14 pm

LJ

If that is an offer of a lift could you swing by and pick me up?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed 13 Apr 2011, 12:36 pm

It's just a little out of the way Mac.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 13 Apr 2011, 12:53 pm

My entry is in! Noshankingtonite is also entered, have a word with him to find out where he is staying. He sent me an email with the details but not sure if I still have it Rolling Eyes

Mac, it's a long trip down for you but if you could come down it would be great to meet up thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 13 Apr 2011, 1:29 pm

drive4show wrote:My entry is in! Noshankingtonite is also entered, have a word with him to find out where he is staying. He sent me an email with the details but not sure if I still have it :roll:

Mac, it's a long trip down for you but if you could come down it would be great to meet up :thumbsup:

What are the dates?

I would be great to meet LJ in the flesh, he is surely very different from his online persona?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed 13 Apr 2011, 1:33 pm

The scratch event is on the 10th June. but it lasts the entire week for people playing the 72 hole event.

LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 13 Apr 2011, 1:34 pm

Mac

The 36 hole scratch is Friday 10th June, details on www.bournemouthopen.net Come on, you know you want to!

LJ is even worse in the flesh, he FORCES me to eat hot spicy curries censored

:run1:

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed 13 Apr 2011, 1:35 pm

Want me to bring some Dorset Naga chillies with me? There should be a few green ones ready by then I would think.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 13 Apr 2011, 1:39 pm

LondonJonnyO wrote:Want me to bring some Dorset Naga chillies with me? There should be a few green ones ready by then I would think.

Best if you don't as we have Invitation day on the Saturday and I want to be able to get more than 50 yards from the nearest poopie cubicle 🤦

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed 13 Apr 2011, 1:41 pm

I also have some of those Bhut Jolokia things that the Indian Army are making into anti-terrorist weapons. I'm guessing those are a no-no as well.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue 19 Apr 2011, 10:52 am

It looks like a change of plans might be in the offing... The other half and mini-LJ are thinking of coming along to offer moral support during the Scratch event. By sitting on the beach while I play golf.

Hence I may not be able to attend a curry and beer night (although I am working the "I'm paying so a night with the lads should be ok" angle right now)
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 19 Apr 2011, 11:19 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:It looks like a change of plans might be in the offing... The other half and mini-LJ are thinking of coming along to offer moral support during the Scratch event. By sitting on the beach while I play golf.

Hence I may not be able to attend a curry and beer night (although I am working the "I'm paying so a night with the lads should be ok" angle right now)

Why dont you send them somewhere else? Also it is odd how you refer to you gentleman's parts in the third person.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue 19 Apr 2011, 11:24 am

Because they don't want to go somewhere else. She doesn't drive. Hasn't been to Bournemouth. And we will stay down there for 4 days arriving Thursday and leaving Sunday so it will be nice. Besides which I can take mini-LJ to the oceanarium and a few other places he might like.

And Mac. The 3rd person part you refer to is monster-LJ.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next