The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bournemouth Open

+12
turnip
Mercurio
McLaren
Davie
puligny
Doc
LadyPutt
Maverick
redmonkey80
Noshankingtonite
drive4show
LondonJonnyO
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bournemouth Open - Page 3 Empty Bournemouth Open

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri 28 Jan 2011, 4:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Bournemouth Open Week is again coming up in June this year and has a variety of events.

There are comps for male and female players of all handicaps and ages and they offer a good opportunity for us all to enjoy some competition golf at reasonable courses for very low prices. As well as bragging rights should you win one of them!

I've entered and D4S will also be there... and it seems that Mave might also be working on the other half to get down there.

Is anyone else interested?

website link is:

www.bournemouthopen.net

That contains entry requirements, fees, and other useful info.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Bournemouth Open - Page 3 Empty Re: Bournemouth Open

Post by Davie Tue 24 May 2011, 10:36 am

JPX wrote:
Maybe I should stay as a "reader only".

On the contrary JPX - if you feel the real golf talk is diluted by off topic stuff, you should maybe try to redress the balance by adding more golf-related content yourself Very Happy

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue 24 May 2011, 10:45 am

JPX

I understand your comment about 606v2 being clickey and to some extent it can be but this is purely because many of us on here have 'known' each other for quite a long time now and even met up for golf/social stuff on a few occasions.

However, we are a very welcoming bunch and if you wish to continue posting on here, rest assured you will be accepted and welcomed with open arms.

It would be good if you decide to hang around and continue enjoying the banter thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Tue 24 May 2011, 8:45 pm

JPX:
The more the merrier chap. We want our tribe to grow! I've never met anyone (yet - but will do in a couple of weeks in Bournemouth) and I'm a relative newcomer having been on old 606 site for a few months before coming here. There's some great tips and banter, just don't take the digs personally we all get em now and again (some more than others I might add Whistle )
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 06 Jun 2011, 10:19 am

Well this is rolling up this weekend and I wish my game were in better shape.

More importantly however I am going to hold D4S personally responsible for the weather and penalise him with a pint for every drop of rain I get on my nice clean, dry trousers.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:35 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:Well this is rolling up this weekend and I wish my game were in better shape.

More importantly however I am going to hold D4S personally responsible for the weather and penalise him with a pint for every drop of rain I get on my nice clean, dry trousers.

NOTHING to do with me, blame NST as he is playing two days! (3 including Weds evening)

The sun always shines on the righteous so I'll be dry Whistle

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Mon 06 Jun 2011, 12:56 pm

If the sun only shines on the righteous, I'm packing 2 sets of freekin' wet weather gear, my brolley and several sets of clothes OK
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 06 Jun 2011, 1:01 pm

drive4show wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:Well this is rolling up this weekend and I wish my game were in better shape.

NOTHING to do with me, blame NST as he is playing two days! (3 including Weds evening)

The sun always shines on the righteous so I'll be dry Whistle

hmm.... in that case I'll penalise you a pint for every drop of rain that hits your trousers. If the "righteous" get wet then I'll be soaked and will be in need of the "righteous" cheering me up. Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Mon 06 Jun 2011, 6:07 pm

Is that the correct term LJ?

surely for righteous read riotous! boxing

Anyway, after your sampling of the local curry houses the night before, a little water on your white trousers may well be just the ticket!
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:06 am

This year, on day 1, I shall be sporting a very subdued colour scheme of beige trousers. With a lime green shirt and silver and green shoes.

Honestly. White trousers... next you'll be thinking I'm the sort that would turn up with a white belt! Erm
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:52 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:This year, on day 1, I shall be sporting a very subdued colour scheme of beige trousers. With a lime green shirt and silver and green shoes.

Honestly. White trousers... next you'll be thinking I'm the sort that would turn up with a white belt! Erm

<D4SHidesHisWhiteBelt>

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:30 pm

I too shall be sporting the ubiquitous lime green shirt, paired with brown P of W (that's Prince of Wales NOT Prisoner of War) troose.

Drive:
I bet you've got 4 inch cuban heels to go with your white mock croc belt laughing
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:47 pm

NST. I would like to mention the fact that a lime green shirt is not a real lime green shirt unless it is such a tight lime green shirt that your nipples can be clearly seen through it.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:07 pm

I'm going to be very subdued this year. I've got sponsorship from Farrah to wear their 'slacks'

Yahoo

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:50 pm

LondonJonnyO wrote:NST. I would like to mention the fact that a lime green shirt is not a real lime green shirt unless it is such a tight lime green shirt that your nipples can be clearly seen through it.

Yep... mine complies and I've got the GMAC gut going on...pssst don't tell S_R for f**k's sake Laugh
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:52 pm

drive4show wrote:I'm going to be very subdued this year. I've got sponsorship from Farrah to wear their 'slacks'

Yahoo

I bet you've got the standard 'dart players' shirt with breast pocket for yer arrows also...go on, tell me I'm wrong laughing
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Faldono1fan Tue 07 Jun 2011, 4:51 pm

If any of you are playing with William Carmichael say hello to him for me. He is off 6 handicap and is playing in the scratch event. I know him from the HDID forum where I am known as AV. Cheers

Faldono1fan

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue 07 Jun 2011, 4:54 pm

Faldono1fan wrote:If any of you are playing with William Carmichael say hello to him for me. He is off 6 handicap and is playing in the scratch event. I know him from the HDID forum where I am known as AV. Cheers

He is playing in the 4 day 72 hole event, had a decent knock yesterday thumbsup

http://bournemouthopen.net/images/stories/pdf/results/MEN_72RD1_RESULT.pdf

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Fri 10 Jun 2011, 1:56 pm

Faldono1fan - Will Carmichael came 5th in the 72-hole event. Was a consistent player throughout the 4 days.

I wonder how the LJ, D4S and the others are getting on today in the 36-holes comp - hope it has stayed dry for them.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Faldono1fan Fri 10 Jun 2011, 2:10 pm

Ladyputt - He was a bit disappointed with his final round, but overall he was pleased with his efforts. He is trying to arrange a HDID week away in Portugal at the moment. I think he is finding organising that more frustrating than his golf!

Hope the guys have a good day.

Faldono1fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sun 12 Jun 2011, 8:46 am

Lp i had a nightmare. I prefer to forget friday and the shocking cindition of the course.

Much more fun at broadstone with d4s. Who played very well i'd like to add
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Faldono1fan Sun 12 Jun 2011, 10:44 am

Evidently there was some trouble in the 72 hole event where the winner admitted playing off an incorrect handicap. He was disqualified which moved Will up into 4th place. Why would you do that?

Faldono1fan

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:06 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:Lp i had a nightmare. I prefer to forget friday and the shocking cindition of the course.

Much more fun at broadstone with d4s. Who played very well i'd like to add
Interesting how often people say that after playing badly.

The course was acceptable at Broadstone then? so you must have played well I take it?

Last edited by JPX on Sun 12 Jun 2011, 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sun 12 Jun 2011, 1:35 pm

Not really jpx. As i say i hit it badly at both tracks with a few good shots on every round.

But broadstone is a much better course and i enjoyed it even though i had a chop
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sun 12 Jun 2011, 4:22 pm

LondonJonnyO wrote:Not really jpx. As i say i hit it badly at both tracks with a few good shots on every round.

But broadstone is a much better course and i enjoyed it even though i had a chop

Funny how often the truth shuts up people who like being a smartass though isn't it?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Sun 12 Jun 2011, 5:00 pm

Surprisingly enough jonny I do have a life outside of this forum, so apologies I haven't replied sooner, but if you want to take that as you "shutting me up" (for some reason that escapes me), then fine.

Wasn't really intended as a dig at you but more that when people play well, the course is great, badly the course was poor, greens were bad etc. I genuinely had this thought yesterday when playing, I thought the course was in superb condition, yet my playing partner moaned about everything he could. Felt sorry for the greenkeeper who was the 3rd member of the group!

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sun 12 Jun 2011, 10:12 pm

JPX:
In defence of LJ - I played Broadstone on wednesday with D4S and the course was in excellent condition. Played Meyrick Park in the 36 holer on Thursday and Friday and the course was in pretty poor condition (in my view) BUT at least you were allowed preferred lies (ala winter rules) which compensated a smidge. I walked the Queens Park course with LJ and D4S on Friday afternoon during their second rounds and the course was (imho) in pretty poor condition; really burnt out with loads of bare and sandy lies. No preferred lies given which made it pretty harsh on those who had found the fairway with their drives/approach shots. You would have to have very rosy tinted spectacles to say that Queens was anything other than poor.
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3