The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roger Mayweather: On the ropes interview

+8
Imperial Ghosty
Fists of Fury
azania
Sugar Boy Sweetie
AlexHuckerby
The Galveston Giant
School Project
Seanusarrilius
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Roger Mayweather: On the ropes interview Empty Roger Mayweather: On the ropes interview

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 18 Nov 2011, 5:27 pm

Firstly, Roger Mayweather is in his most typical of argumentative moods and this segment isn't a great part of the show. Buuuuuuut, one thing i fond very interesting is the rhetoric he uses about Pac Man. Clearly the Mayweather camp are now desperate for this fight and i think its because they know without any doubt that Floyd dusts the version of Pac Man we saw at the weekend. Not saying they didnt think that before, but now they definately want it IMO

Pac Man v Marquez 4 in sprin then (providing pac wins) Floyd Pac in fall.

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 4:54 am; edited 3 times in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Roger Mayweather: On the ropes interview Empty Re: Roger Mayweather: On the ropes interview

Post by School Project Fri 18 Nov 2011, 6:27 pm

Can't wait to read this!

Nothing can beat his "Manny Pacquiao is on that grade A meth, the stuff they used on the war when bullets were bouncing off those mother 'admirers'".

Thanks for posting Sean.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Roger Mayweather: On the ropes interview Empty Re: Roger Mayweather: On the ropes interview

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:22 pm

If they arrange the Floyd fight before they fight Marquez, Marquez would be aswell staying at home.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:28 pm

verdict: this man is an idiot

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:28 pm

Shame Floyd didn't have such massive balls 20 months ago after manny destroyed Cotto. He would've always beaten manny because of his style combined with mannys weaknesses - but if he does so now he won't get as much credit as it would appear he waited until manny showed signs of frailty. Floyds a great fighter but there's no doubt he picks his battles carefully, this is just another example.

Roger Mayweather is a cretin who shouldn't be let within 500 metres of a public broadcast microphone.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:32 pm

to be fair its clear arum wouldnt let it happen either

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:32 pm

Take the test Manny.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:33 pm

you know what i mean azania? like for gods sake.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:34 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Shame Floyd didn't have such massive balls 20 months ago after manny destroyed Cotto. He would've always beaten manny because of his style combined with mannys weaknesses - but if he does so now he won't get as much credit as it would appear he waited until manny showed signs of frailty. Floyds a great fighter but there's no doubt he picks his battles carefully, this is just another example.

Roger Mayweather is a cretin who shouldn't be let within 500 metres of a public broadcast microphone.

Spot on, and exactly as I see it. I think post-Cotto Floyd takes a UD by about 4 rounds. Now, I'd say Floyd shutout.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:36 pm

really a complete shutout?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:38 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:you know what i mean azania? like for gods sake.

If Manny would have agreed to take the test, the fight would have happened and the myth that is Pac would have been exploded.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:38 pm

My prediction for the fight has always been an easy Mayweather knockout inside 10 rounds, probably belongs in the unpopular opinion thread but have always felt that he's a level or two above Pacquiao for boxing ability combined with his strength, fitness and under rated power think he wears Manny down before emphatically closing the show.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:40 pm

I think Pacquiao could take one or two early rounds, but his legs really did look gone to me in both of his last two fights, and against Floyd that is fatal. His one hope of winning this was remaining incredibly active for the full 12 rounds and throwing shedloads of punches to limit Floyd's counters.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:44 pm

Even after the Cotto fight thought that Mayweather was far too good for him, too much is made of Mayweathers apparent weakness against southpaws which lasted all of four rounds against the supremely quick Judah who for all his flaws has a tighter defence than Pacquiao. Many have tried using work rate alone to beat Mayweather but he's too sharp to be pinned down and even when he is he's able to counter to perfection while taking next to nothing in return.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:44 pm

I cant see the so-called buzzsaw Pac fighting in that way against Floyd. He is a buzzsaw when allowed to be one. Floyd wont allow him that comfort. When he comes within range, he'll be countered to death. He'll then become very hesitant, taking away his greatest strength. Floyd will do a serious number on him. No KO here, just a sustained beating from R5 onwards.

It would be like pulling the legs of an insect.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:45 pm

i disagree his legs looked fine to me he wasnt allowed to get into a rythm

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:47 pm

azania wrote:I cant see the so-called buzzsaw Pac fighting in that way against Floyd. He is a buzzsaw when allowed to be one. Floyd wont allow him that comfort. When he comes within range, he'll be countered to death. He'll then become very hesitant, taking away his greatest strength. Floyd will do a serious number on him. No KO here, just a sustained beating from R5 onwards.

It would be like pulling the legs of an insect.

agree been saying it for ages

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:48 pm

I disagree, he was still very active in JMM 1 & 2, very active against Cotto too, who is no mug when it comes to technical ability.

Gone is maybe taking it a bit far, but he has definitely lost some of that spring I think we can all agree.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:52 pm

floyd is no spring chicken himself

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:52 pm

JMM is no PBF. Neither is Cotto when it comes to tech ability. Floyd is in a different stratosphere altogether. Manny will get very gunshy against Floyd when he throws and misses but get hit by counters from all angles. After R5 is will be a glorified sparring session. It would have been that way after the Cotto fight also.

Pac is good. Floyd is great.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 18 Nov 2011, 8:12 pm

They're both great, Az, so that is a very ill informed statement.

Pacquiao has the greater resume and will be remembered for the greater career, too, unless Floyd pulls his finger out, and does it soon.

Floyd is no spring chicken, agreed, however Manny's style relies on having a spring in his step much more than Floyd's, as Floyd's natural balance and upper body movement do most of his work for him.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 18 Nov 2011, 8:15 pm

Floyds resume for me Fists but not a huge amount in it, his unbeaten record does give him the edge in that regard.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Nov 2011, 8:18 pm

welcome back ghosty

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 18 Nov 2011, 8:22 pm

I disagree. Pac is good. Very good. But Floyd is great. A clear differential between the two of them. For me the esterix will always remain against Pac.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Nov 2011, 8:26 pm

i think pac is great... at what he does and is made to look that way if someone wants to fight him mano a mano. floyd is great full stop.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 18 Nov 2011, 8:28 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:i think pac is great... at what he does and is made to look that way if someone wants to fight him mano a mano. floyd is great full stop.

Good point.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:03 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Shame Floyd didn't have such massive balls 20 months ago after manny destroyed Cotto. He would've always beaten manny because of his style combined with mannys weaknesses - but if he does so now he won't get as much credit as it would appear he waited until manny showed signs of frailty. Floyds a great fighter but there's no doubt he picks his battles carefully, this is just another example.

Spot on, and exactly as I see it. I think post-Cotto Floyd takes a UD by about 4 rounds. Now, I'd say Floyd shutout.

Agree about Roger Mayweather, whenever I've seen him on tv he appears a classless individual.

I remember Billy Graham said after the Hatton fight, he went across the ring to congratulate the Mayweather camp when Rog just said something along the lines of "I told you he'd whup 'em". Nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 19 Nov 2011, 6:04 pm

a little bit one sided there supremeskills... theres no evidence pac has been juicing as he has always passed his drug tests.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 19 Nov 2011, 6:13 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:a little bit one sided there supremeskills... theres no evidence pac has been juicing as he has always passed his drug tests.

He hasn't taken Olympic style tests recently.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 19 Nov 2011, 6:28 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:a little bit one sided there supremeskills... theres no evidence pac has been juicing as he has always passed his drug tests.
Mosley never failed a drugs test either...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 19 Nov 2011, 7:28 pm

all i am saying is he deserves the benefit of the doubt. innocent until proven guilty.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:27 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:all i am saying is he deserves the benefit of the doubt. innocent until proven guilty.
True, but as Mosley was never proven guilty by any of the officially-accepted testing methods, the fact Pacquiao hasn't failed a test doesn't really mean much.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:33 am

no but just like any boxer he deserves the benefit of the doubt. i cant say for 100% sure that he isnt on PEDs but given theres no proof other than a couple of people running there mouth he isnt for me.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:35 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:no but just like any boxer he deserves the benefit of the doubt. i cant say for 100% sure that he isnt on PEDs but given theres no proof other than a couple of people running there mouth he isnt for me.

Interestingly his performances have taken a dip after the whole PED issue blew up. Pure coincidence no doubt. Must he his legs or summat else. Whistle

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:36 am

Can't believe you fools have been swayed by what this blithering imbecile says.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:38 am

azania wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:no but just like any boxer he deserves the benefit of the doubt. i cant say for 100% sure that he isnt on PEDs but given theres no proof other than a couple of people running there mouth he isnt for me.

Interestingly his performances have taken a dip after the whole PED issue blew up. Pure coincidence no doubt. Must he his legs or summat else. Whistle

In the two fights in which Mayweather has adheared to olympic style testing many have commented on how his foot speed seems to have decreased, is this therefore proof he too is juicing?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:41 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Can't believe you fools have been swayed by what this blithering imbecile says.
Not so much that as an accumulation of minor incidental and circumstantial factors which together undermine Pacquiao's credibility. Not least of which the flat-out refusal to take a simple test. Can't be bothered to go into the reasons for and against his not taking it but as a politician you'd think he'd be aware of how public perception can be swayed by these things.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:46 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
azania wrote:

In the two fights in which Mayweather has adheared to olympic style testing many have commented on how his foot speed seems to have decreased, is this therefore proof he too is juicing?

Quite possibly. But he is willing to take the tests quite freely. Has Manny said the same?

But what has footwork got to do with anything? Didn't you say or allude that it wasn;t that important on the other thread?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:48 am

Styles Az, styles or do you wish to derail again?

Simply pointing out that Mayweather may have been juicing if we are to use such fickel things as potential evidence.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:50 am

the whole thing is to do with money not taking a test. why face each other when theres loads of cash to be earned facing guys where theres little risk and you can give them a few million and you can take the rest - or face each other earn a load of money knowing that if you lose your stock is lowered and will struggle to get the type of money you would have got.

in short all they have been doing is milking there status to make more money i think all the other stuff is a smokescreen in my opinion.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:51 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Styles Az, styles or do you wish to derail again?

Simply pointing out that Mayweather may have been juicing if we are to use such fickel things as potential evidence.

Me derailing? I have ot admit you are very funny.......mate. Floyd is willing and calling for the tests. Manny doesn;t want them. A plethora of excuses was given all of which did not have much cred. Nothing to see here. Move along. Take the damn test.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:53 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:the whole thing is to do with money not taking a test. why face each other when theres loads of cash to be earned facing guys where theres little risk and you can give them a few million and you can take the rest - or face each other earn a load of money knowing that if you lose your stock is lowered and will struggle to get the type of money you would have got.

in short all they have been doing is milking there status to make more money i think all the other stuff is a smokescreen in my opinion.

Losing to SRL didn't affect Hearns' earning power too much. I suppose they are now reaching an advanced boxing age where a loss will damage any future earning potential.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:54 am

The commissions say he doesn't have to take the tests so he is well within rights not to take them, means nothing when 99% of fighters are so stringently tested either, i've yet to see someone use it against Hopkins when he rejected Pascals request for more stringent drug testing.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:57 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:The commissions say he doesn't have to take the tests so he is well within rights not to take them, means nothing when 99% of fighters are so stringently tested either, i've yet to see someone use it against Hopkins when he rejected Pascals request for more stringent drug testing.

So what. One can argue that he's hiding behing the commission. Moreover that excuse wa used after all other excuses were exposed as ridiculous.

SSM took the tests, Ortiz took the tests. Floyd takes the test. Why doesn't Manny?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:58 am

i didnt even know about the hopkins one ghosty

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 20 Nov 2011, 1:00 am

I did. He's a fool. But he brings in the $$$$ so he can dictate what terms etc. Pac doesn't bring in the $$$ and cant control Floyd in the manner he dictated to others. Take the tests Manny and lets get this on. Dont be a wuss.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 20 Nov 2011, 1:01 am

Does Marquez take the tests? What about Haye, Wlad, Vitali, Martinez, Donaire, Lopez, Williams and hundreds of other boxers?

Was after the first fight Alex, he was questioning how someone so much older could be stronger, faster and fitter than him.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 20 Nov 2011, 1:04 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Does Marquez take the tests? What about Haye, Wlad, Vitali, Martinez, Donaire, Lopez, Williams and hundreds of other boxers?

Was after the first fight Alex, he was questioning how someone so much older could be stronger, faster and fitter than him.

i know pascal is it because hes better than you?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 20 Nov 2011, 1:04 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Does Marquez take the tests? What about Haye, Wlad, Vitali, Martinez, Donaire, Lopez, Williams and hundreds of other boxers?

All combat sports participants should take the strictest possible drug tests. The sport carries risks and it should be mandatory to ensure someone is not cheating.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 20 Nov 2011, 1:06 am

PUBLIC PERCEPTION. It's not difficult. Public perception and, as has already been mentioned; the opportunity to milk their earning status is the main reason the fight hasn't happened. I've said before: why take a big risk fight when you can take 20% of the risk for 80% of the profit? Yet another reason boxing is a joke.

Last edited by BALTIMORA on Sun 20 Nov 2011, 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next