The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jean Eric Vergne claims he as good as Mark Webber currently

Go down

Jean Eric Vergne claims he as good as Mark Webber currently  Empty Jean Eric Vergne claims he as good as Mark Webber currently

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Nov 2011, 3:35 pm

Buoyed by his impressive form in Abu Dhabi last week, Jean-Eric Vergne thinks he would do as good a job in Formula One as Mark Webber.

Frenchman Vergne, the latest cream of Red Bull's development programme, tested Sebastian Vettel's title-winning RB7 during the young driver test and was fastest in all six sessions over the course of the three days.

Already Toro Rosso's Friday driver, the 21-year-old is scheduled to practice with Sebastien Buemi's car in Brazil and is considered a hot contender to replace the Swiss full-time in 2012.

But he also thinks he would be ready to be Vettel's teammate at the senior team.

"When I came back (from the test) I saw the comments of (engineering boss) Ian Morgan and they were very positive, I cannot hide it," Vergne is quoted as saying by French newsmagazine Le Nouvel Observateur.

"I know that the top teams are cautious of young drivers; the only one (McLaren) that dared to go with a young guy recently was Hamilton, and it worked.

"We have had a similar preparation; I did three days of testing and physically had no problems.

"So I think if I was put in the Red Bull, I would do no worse than Webber. That's my impression, anyway, after these tests.

"But I know that the road is still long and where I go next is Brazil. This is my last practice session with Toro Rosso before I know what I will be doing next season," he added.

source: motorsport

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down