The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone think its strange....

5 posters

Go down

Does anyone think its strange.... Empty Does anyone think its strange....

Post by Fadorock Wed 09 Mar 2011, 10:45 am

That both Rock and Austin are currently employed by WWE, both appearing on Raw, both scheduled to appear at ‘mania, yet neither has mentioned the other and it looks like neither will even have any form of interaction with one other. Seems a little strange that these two huge icons of the attitude era wouldn’t want to catch up for ole’ times sake or have one final dig. I know a match is out of the question not in the least because they would never be able to come up with a finish, but some sort of acknowledgement would be nice.

It also seems like a missed opportunity for WWE, imagine even if the two of them stood centre of the ring and had a five minuet stare down, the crowd reaction would be completely insane, only to be interrupted by HHH and Michaels or Cena and Orton.

So do people view this as a missed opportunity not using these two together in some capacity or do you view it as WWE carefully and smartly spreading their star power out equally throughout the bill?

Fadorock

Back to top Go down

Does anyone think its strange.... Empty Re: Does anyone think its strange....

Post by crippledtart Wed 09 Mar 2011, 10:51 am

The answer seems pretty obvious to me. They are being used to get other people and feuds over. There would be nothing to gain from having the two interact on Raw; Austin shouldn't be part of the Rock-Miz-Cena angle.

They aren't there for purely nostalgic purposes, they are there to make the company money. A duelling promo would be interesting to see but how does it make the company any money? I think people would just end up thinking WWE was better when they were wrestling.

Also I think if they were booked to wrestle each other, coming up with a finish would be the least of their worries!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Mar 2011, 11:04 am

I said on 606 i think that you can bet your bottom dollar that at Mania there will be a confrontation between the 2 given that it's 10 years since their most famous match.

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 09 Mar 2011, 1:09 pm

There's got to be some kind of backstage confrontation between the two. The Rock's the host of Wrestlemania so you'd think he'd be involved in a bunch of different skits/segments throughout the show. If WWE don't have any interaction between Stone Cold and The Rock it'll be criminal.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 09 Mar 2011, 1:25 pm

I think the only way to make money out of it is if The Rock says to Austin on Raw "I need to speak to you....at Wrestlemania". They can then have a backstage or in-ring segment at the PPV, but I'd only give it 5 minutes maximum.

I don't think there will be any interaction between the two and I'm not against that. I just can't see how it would play into storylines.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Wed 09 Mar 2011, 1:34 pm

Well, if the Rock is "Never leaving again", then surely that hints that he's staying on after WM? And if Tough Enough is being presented by Stone Cold, then maybe some point in the near future at the draft or on one of the shows, they have an interaction there?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Mar 2011, 1:37 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:I think the only way to make money out of it is if The Rock says to Austin on Raw "I need to speak to you....at Wrestlemania". They can then have a backstage or in-ring segment at the PPV, but I'd only give it 5 minutes maximum.

I don't think there will be any interaction between the two and I'm not against that. I just can't see how it would play into storylines.

Why does it need to be part of a storyline??

Rock could be backstage chatting to someone, turns round and there is Austin, they have a stare down, the crowd goes wild, they embrace, quick chinwag and Rock wishes him luck for his ref gig later on.

Bit of a no brainer really.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Wed 09 Mar 2011, 2:27 pm

The Rock did sort of acknowledge Austin in his comeback promo.

He mentioned going from the powerful Austin 3:16 to the iconic If You Smell....

Still. I think they will have something at Mania. Remember, the Rock is hosting...he won't only be at the Cena Vs. Miz match.

I actually like KB's suggestion.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down