The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smackdown Spoiler

+15
Sara
Marky
Samo
Brady12
JamesLincs
thetank89
more_awesome_than_a_ri
Statto00
longrangeeffort
Kay Fabe
Adam D
TopoftheChops
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
UpsideDownFace
I Blame Coco
19 posters

Go down

Smackdown Spoiler Empty Smackdown Spoiler

Post by I Blame Coco Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:56 am

Eventful evening for Daniel Bryan.

1. Win title
2. Have title taken off you
3. Become No1 Contender

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Smackdown Spoiler Empty Re: Smackdown Spoiler

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:57 am

Wow! You got the full spoilers?

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:00 am

SmackDown, Airing Friday:

* Mark Henry opens the show and wants respect for being World Heavyweight Champion. Henry says it was Big Show's fault he got kicked in the groin at Survivor Series. Big Show comes out and they argue. Show knocks him out with the WMD.

* Daniel Bryan comes out to cash Money in the Bank in. He pins Henry and the crowd goes nuts. Teddy Long comes out and says Henry couldn't compete due to injury so the title change isn't valid. Teddy gave the briefcase back to Bryan and announced Bryan, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett in a four-way to crown a new #1 contender for next week's live show.

* Hunico beat Justin Gabriel.

* Beth Phoenix and Natalya beat Kaitlyn and AJ Lee. Alicia Fox was on commentary for the quick squash match.

* The promo for Kane's return aired.

* Backstage segment with Zack Ryder and Sheamus in preparation for their tag team match tonight.

* Backstage segment with Aksana and Teddy Long. Mark Henry comes in and is upset about defending his World Title next week. Long makes it a steel cage match for next week's live show.

* Sheamus and Zack Ryder beat Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger.

* Backstage segment with AJ Lee and Daniel Bryan. Wade Barrett interrupts and talks about the four-way tonight. Barrett walks off and Bryan kisses AJ.

* Ted DiBiase beat Heath Slater. Jinder Mahal comes up on the big screen and rants about DiBiase's DiBiase Posse parties with the fans.

* Cody Rhodes and Matt Striker are backstage. Rhodes threw water on Booker T at RAW because he looked at Cody the wrong way. Cody says he will won tonight's four-way and mocks Booker T.

* Daniel Bryan beat Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett and Randy Orton in a #1 contender's match to face Mark Henry in a steel cage match next week on the live special. Cody attacked Bryan after the match and beat him down until Orton made the save with an RKO.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by I Blame Coco Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:01 am

Beat me to it.

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:03 am

Haha sorry, I had the results up on another tab because I was just looking at them

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:05 am

SLATER'S BACK!!!!!! YESSSS! And he almost headlined.

I am watching this this week

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:07 am

Sheamus and Ryder beating Ziggler and swagger......getting bored of Ryder now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:11 am

So Bryan still has the briefcase, and is No1 contender at the same time. Headscratch
Not quite following that one.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:14 am

D.Bryan is going to be squashed big time, but a good SD for him.

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:15 am

and since when can the MitB not be cashed in on someone ho is defenceless?

So he cant get on PPV, he cant cash in his MitB, yet he finishes no 1 contender?

Shocking booking in my opinion.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:13 am

Sounds like a really good SmackDown!

Bryan should definitely have been on the Survivor Series team, there was no need what so ever for Mason Ryan to be in the match, particularly since he just jobbed out, his push looks over now, Bryan would have been much more suited to that team.

Confusing OP though, I thought he actually won and lost the title and now has a re-match

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by longrangeeffort Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:44 pm

Sounds interesting...has someone with the briefcase been #1 contender before and had a legit title match before? Bryan could lose the match, smack Henry with a chair THEN cash in on the same night! Or something similar.

The not cashing in on someone who is defenceless is weird though, Edge kind of did that when he cashed in against Cena...although he did spear Cena twice for good measure.

longrangeeffort

Back to top Go down

Post by I Blame Coco Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:47 pm

longrangeeffort wrote:.
The not cashing in on someone who is defenceless is weird though, Edge kind of did that when he cashed in against Cena...although he did spear Cena twice for good measure.

IIRC everyone apart from RVD has cashed in this way.

Also i think Edge was number 1 contender and MITB holder when he won the first one. He beat Kane in the final of a No1 Conteners tournament. It was the night Lita turned on Kane and joined Edge.

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:55 pm

longrangeeffort wrote:Bryan could lose the match, smack Henry with a chair THEN cash in on the same night! Or something similar.
I like this. He could even get DQ'd by beating seven shades out of Henry with the chair, then cash his briefcase in.

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:58 pm

The opponent is always on his feet for a cash in so if Henry was flat out cold then it makes sense it wouldn't count

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by more_awesome_than_a_ri Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:01 pm

The only difference i can see is that Henry was injured at SS and wasn't due to compete at Smackdown this week due to injury. Big Show didn't knock him out after a match or during a match it looks like.

All other cash ins (with the exception of RVD) have been when a champion has come through a gruelling match, to the best of my memory anyways.

more_awesome_than_a_ri

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Edge didn't have a match when Punk cashed in though he did just get Batista Bombed

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Jericho didn't have a match either when Swagger cashed in tho' Edge had just speared him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by more_awesome_than_a_ri Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:26 pm

Would appear my memory isn't very good!

more_awesome_than_a_ri

Back to top Go down

Post by thetank89 Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:28 pm

It didn;t count because Henry 'wasn't cleared to compete' apparantly.

thetank89

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:31 pm

Don't worry about it mate, with so many cash in's it's easy to forget

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:53 pm

basically as said above henry wasnt cleared to compete, however its said the briefcase can be cashed in at anytime so, wtf?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:49 pm

It can be cashed in but the opponent has to be concious

The more I think about it, I'm not sure Jericho was concious when Swagger beat him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:59 pm

Where do we start? What inept booking.... Bryan who hasn't been on a pay per view in months is now in a world title match? Despite having a win loss record in recent weeks that makes his NXT record look decent. The guy hasn't been relevant since he was fueding with Cole! Yet he goes over both Barrett & Rhodes who've actually been receiving decent pushes in recent months???

The MITB brief case now comes with attached conditions!!! I could probably understand if this was a heel GM screwing the face but Long is a face!! The Bryan character is one who should be using his superior wrestling skills to win the world title not capitalise on a cheap shot he's a face for god sake!

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:14 pm

He's also not coming across as a very trust worthy face, he announced he was going to go to WrestleMania and cash in there, so to start attempting to cash in four months before hand is slightly underhand

On the flip side, the MitB means that guys no longer have to be built up, it would be nice to see a guy properly built up but the MitB allows for opportunistic wins which mean guys who on paper aren't deserving get the title because they have the case, it's seen as a game of chance, you enter a potentially career threatening ladder match, the danger is massive but the reward is far to great, it's seen more as luck than skill if you win it, very few times has the favourite walked out with the case

Bryan should have just been booked to face Christian for the title, Christian should have went over Orton at SummerSlam thanks to Rhodes and then Bryan calls out Christian and they could have a proper build up and straight match

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:43 pm

Maybe it could be the start of a heel turn? A "I've done all I could for you and it got me no where" Turns back on crowd type turn. A "Nice guys finish last" Kinda deal. Dont know how well he would be as a heel though.

Looking forward to watching it. Could be the loudest pop of the year.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:53 pm

Samo wrote:Dont know how well he would be as a heel though.
Daniel Bryan could be a pretty evil heel if they actually let him loose with his full range of submission holds to inflict pain on his opponents!

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Danielson is a top quality heel but with Rhodes, Dolph and Barrett all vying for that next top heel spot is there space for him in that role?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:35 pm

Look on the bright side.

For 60 seconds or less, Bryan Danielson and CM Punk were the holders of the two World Championships in the WWE.

Surely that counts for something Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:33 pm

the-gaffer wrote:He's also not coming across as a very trust worthy face, he announced he was going to go to WrestleMania and cash in there, so to start attempting to cash in four months before hand is slightly underhand

On the flip side, the MitB means that guys no longer have to be built up, it would be nice to see a guy properly built up but the MitB allows for opportunistic wins which mean guys who on paper aren't deserving get the title because they have the case, it's seen as a game of chance, you enter a potentially career threatening ladder match, the danger is massive but the reward is far to great, it's seen more as luck than skill if you win it, very few times has the favourite walked out with the case

Yeah thats a valid point about the opportunistic nature the MITB allows but I think this should be restricted to the heels. A babyface should compete with honour & over come the odds against a threatening heel, (otherwise heels arent heels & faces arent faces) a concept that despite working for decades now seems completely redundant in todays WWE....

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:42 pm

On the plus side, atleast he gets his briefcase back, so its not a total screwjob.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:02 pm

Yeah it's not a screw job at all, it's a major teaser though, it's a carrot

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by longrangeeffort Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:19 am

I Blame Coco wrote:
longrangeeffort wrote:.

IIRC everyone apart from RVD has cashed in this way.

Also i think Edge was number 1 contender and MITB holder when he won the first one. He beat Kane in the final of a No1 Conteners tournament. It was the night Lita turned on Kane and joined Edge.

Like someone said above, its just strange that the MITB now has stipualtions too. I thought it was always an anytime, anywhere deal.

Anyway, so if Edge was #1 contender AND a MITB, did he hold the title while still having the briefcase? No reason why Bryan couldnt win the title and still ahve the briefcase. Not sure how that would play out or why but i guess its a possibility..

longrangeeffort

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Sounds like a lot happens this week, however I am thrilled that the decision was reversed. I dislike Mark Henry but Daniel Bryan is so boring - not disputing his wrestling ability, which is great but I don't want to see him as champion. WWE have made a strange decision in giving him MITB then not even having him on TV for weeks - seems pointless, personally I would have preferred Wade to win it. However, they need to build him up somehow if he is going to win or cash it in.

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:51 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Danielson is a top quality heel but with Rhodes, Dolph and Barrett all vying for that next top heel spot is there space for him in that role?

You would hope that at least one of Dolph and Cody would turn face to leave a suitable gap

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:29 pm

Danielson wins the title, turns heel.

Loses it at wrestlemania!

Straight after the match the New champion gets a beat down from the all ex-Nexus members (minus Barrett, Slater and Gabriel)

Danielson cashes in briefcase wins title back and is the new leader of the Nexus!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:53 pm

longrangeeffort wrote:
Like someone said above, its just strange that the MITB now has stipualtions too. I thought it was always an anytime, anywhere deal.

Anyway, so if Edge was #1 contender AND a MITB, did he hold the title while still having the briefcase? No reason why Bryan couldnt win the title and still ahve the briefcase. Not sure how that would play out or why but i guess its a possibility..

I think its down to the fact that while the victims of a cash in are usually knackered or just been laid out, they are still medically able to compete. Im assuming thats why Bryans didnt count. Did they make it clear that Henry wasnt medically cleared to compete?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:00 pm

I think they might do the same thing again, him cashing in only for the decision to be reversed, and then on his 3rd attempt, losing the match.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:58 pm

I just watched the first segment of SmackDown! and must admit although it was good to see the American Dragon with the World Title, it was actually logical that they made the match void, going by reports I thought Teddy Long made the decision because Henry was KO'd by the WMD but it wasn't, he wasn't cleared to compete due to his 'injury', that makes it far more logical and realistic

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:52 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I just watched the first segment of SmackDown! and must admit although it was good to see the American Dragon with the World Title, it was actually logical that they made the match void, going by reports I thought Teddy Long made the decision because Henry was KO'd by the WMD but it wasn't, he wasn't cleared to compete due to his 'injury', that makes it far more logical and realistic

Having watched it to I agree... I spoiler I read was slightly misleading

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Very good smackdown.

Such a shame about Bryan that would of been perfect. I went nuts when he won and then that fool teddy long came down. He got quite a lot of heat for that

Great tag team match. Zack Ryder wins again Yahoo

Great end to the night with the fatel four way. I can see Henry wining next week though in the cage.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:34 pm

Just on another note what was the point in the leg breaking angle after Show & Henry match at Survivor Series? How many people recover from on of those in 2 weeks?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:28 am

I think it's more to do with the chair than the injury to be honest, with TLC coming up I'm expecting them to have a chair match, it's become symbolic to their feud.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down