The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smackdown Spoiler

+4
Gregers
bretmeharty
Crimey
jp97
8 posters

Go down

Smackdown Spoiler Empty Smackdown Spoiler

Post by jp97 Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:17 am

(From Lordsofpain)

Dark Match:

* Alex Riley defeated Jinder Mahal

SmackDown, Airing Friday:

* SmackDown opens with Alberto Del Rio. He wants to see General Manager Booker T and wants his World Heavyweight Title match back on for SummerSlam. He's interrupted by Booker T and then Chris Jericho. Jericho wants the title shot at SummerSlam and it's Del Rio vs. Jericho in tonight's main event.

* Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara beat The Miz and Cody Rhodes. Mysterio hit another 619 on The Miz after the match and had a staredown.

* Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins come out with a new look, something like a male stripper. They defeat two local wrestlers.

* Backsage segment with Eve Torres and William Regal.

* Eve beat Kaitlyn to become Booker's assistant.

* Randy Orton beat Daniel Bryan.

* Triple H comes out and hits a Pedigree on Bryan for a non-camera segment.

* Antonio Cesaro dominated Zack Ryder.

* Dolph Ziggler attacks Chris Jericho before his match. Alberto Del Rio beats Chris Jericho. They beatdown Jericho after the match until Sheamus makes the save. Booker T calms things down and Sheamus vs. Del Rio for SummerSlam is back on.

Will have to see the show on Friday to make a true assessment but it sounds a very mediocre/poor edition of Smackdown. Randy Orton going over Daniel Bryan isn't great booking for me and to just give Del Rio his title shot back is slightly baffling.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Smackdown Spoiler Empty Re: Smackdown Spoiler

Post by Crimey Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:01 am

It's also very odd booking when they have Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins get squashed by Ryback, only for them to squash another tag team. It's like WWE have completely forgotten how to put people over and think having just a pyramid of squashing is how to do it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:06 am

I like Reks and Hawkins but I agree that it doesn't really follow logic to have it played it out the way they have. There should be consistent tag team matches between all of the tag teams around at the moment to try and build the division.

Happy that Cesaro got a strong win, does anyone think it is likely he will take the US Title from Santino on sunday?

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:07 am

jp97 wrote:I like Reks and Hawkins but I agree that it doesn't really follow logic to have it played it out the way they have. There should be consistent tag team matches between all of the tag teams around at the moment to try and build the division.

Happy that Cesaro got a strong win, does anyone think it is likely he will take the US Title from Santino on sunday?

The dirtsheets are saying it's almost definitely going to happen. Santino is one of the guys who aren't happy with their treatment at the moment (like AW and JTG) and they're punishing them by jobbing them (hence JTG being jobbed on RAW) so Santino is likely to lose his title.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:12 am

jp97 wrote:(From Lordsofpain)

Dark Match:

* Alex Riley defeated Jinder Mahal

SmackDown, Airing Friday:

* SmackDown opens with Alberto Del Rio. He wants to see General Manager Booker T and wants his World Heavyweight Title match back on for SummerSlam. He's interrupted by Booker T and then Chris Jericho. Jericho wants the title shot at SummerSlam and it's Del Rio vs. Jericho in tonight's main event.

* Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara beat The Miz and Cody Rhodes. Mysterio hit another 619 on The Miz after the match and had a staredown.

* Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins come out with a new look, something like a male stripper. They defeat two local wrestlers.

* Backsage segment with Eve Torres and William Regal.

* Eve beat Kaitlyn to become Booker's assistant.

* Randy Orton beat Daniel Bryan.

* Triple H comes out and hits a Pedigree on Bryan for a non-camera segment.

* Antonio Cesaro dominated Zack Ryder.

* Dolph Ziggler attacks Chris Jericho before his match. Alberto Del Rio beats Chris Jericho. They beatdown Jericho after the match until Sheamus makes the save. Booker T calms things down and Sheamus vs. Del Rio for SummerSlam is back on.

Will have to see the show on Friday to make a true assessment but it sounds a very mediocre/poor edition of Smackdown. Randy Orton going over Daniel Bryan isn't great booking for me and to just give Del Rio his title shot back is slightly baffling.

What was the point of the past week and half then, It seems wwe have forgotten how to build a title match also, what the f*** is going on

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:12 am

I would be happy with that, the US Title needs to be taken a little more seriously and defended in good, entertaining matches. Antonio Cesaro will be able to bring a little bit of prestige back to the division I hope.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:22 am

Crimey wrote:
jp97 wrote:I like Reks and Hawkins but I agree that it doesn't really follow logic to have it played it out the way they have. There should be consistent tag team matches between all of the tag teams around at the moment to try and build the division.

The dirtsheets are saying it's almost definitely going to happen. Santino is one of the guys who aren't happy with their treatment at the moment (like AW and JTG) and they're punishing them by jobbing them (hence JTG being jobbed on RAW) so Santino is likely to lose his title.

Jtg isn't happy? Why he still has a job somehow!

http://lolwrestling.com/howlonghasjtgbeenemployed/

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:26 am

Apparently there is a mini-rebellion going on in the midcard of the WWE at the moment, spurred on by AW's rants and JTG also did a Twitter rant. Apparently Tyler Reks, Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder, Santino and others are all unhappy at how they were paid for the Brazil tours which was $500 rather than the usual $4000 because so much money is being poured into the Linda's campaign.

WWE are stuck because they can't just fire them all as Linda's campaign is based on her creating jobs with her company.

It's bad when real life things in WWE are more interesting than their actual storylines...

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:30 am

That really is rather ironic! I'd love to see santino in tna

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:35 am

The midcard is a rotting division in WWE and if the pay is not very good any more then I could see a mass exodus.WWE is not willing/ or perhaps not able to elevate superstars from middle to top in an effective way.It is just not particularly competitive enough for my liking.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:21 pm

awful smackdown, del rio sheamus just is ot exciting in the slightest, complete bore fest, does anyone actually want to see it. i'd rather see daniel bryan in there. can't wait for barrett to return, hopefully to feud with sheamus plus mark henry, who i loved as a monster heel, he truly was a very good world champion imo.

then add orton to the mix and you have a good whc scene with barrett, sheamus, henry, orton and bryan.

reks and hawkins look a good tag team and should just be put with pryme tyme players, epico and primo and then kofi kingston and r-truth and you have a decent tag team division.

as for some of the mid card, santino can leave, as can ryder who although decent in the ring, has the most annoying gimmick going.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:09 am

Why does Triple H always pedigree someone off camera? Laugh

Does it really happen or is it some sort of in joke?

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:33 am

I like to think he just calls up the talent on any given day at any random time and just gives them a time and a place, that's code for Pedigree Time, and it all happens off camera

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:19 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I like to think he just calls up the talent on any given day at any random time and just gives them a time and a place, that's code for Pedigree Time, and it all happens off camera

I like to think that a lackey runs up to the talent when they get to the building with a golden envelope, containing a picture of Triple H pointing at them.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Yeah that'd work, like the old lottery 'it could be you' adverts, everyone gets it when they walk in the building and one unlucky bastad gets the envolope

"Haw Drew, yer Tea's oot!"

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down