The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The worst performance in the history of boxing?

+22
Fists of Fury
Adam D
The Galveston Giant
ShahenshahG
Soldier_Of_Fortune
88Chris05
Lance
d260005p
Mind the windows Tino.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Mr Bounce
Rowley
fearlessBamber
AlexHuckerby
oxring
Valero's Conscience
sodhat
manos de piedra
coxy0001
bhb001
Scottrf
Union Cane
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The worst performance in the history of boxing? - Page 2 Empty The worst performance in the history of boxing?

Post by Union Cane Thu 24 Nov 2011, 9:24 am

First topic message reminder :

I caught this fight on KOTV this week, and had to rewind it and watch it again to check that I had seen ot correctly, as it was certainly the worst performance I have ever seen from a so-called "professional" boxer.

So bad in fact, that I had to check that the fight hadn't taken place on April 1st.

It hadn't.

It took place on the 22nd October this year at The Reebok Stadium, Bolton, on the undercard of the Booth / Quigg clash. The fight was the debut of Scarborough cruiserweight Danny Price, and his people had given him a relatively easy start against Slovakian punch-bag Michal Tomko (1-10-0).

Now, Tomko's record suggests that he's not all that good, but what followed was an absolute disgrace to the sport.

Spoiler:

If anyone knows of a worse performance than that, I would love to see it.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The worst performance in the history of boxing? - Page 2 Empty Re: The worst performance in the history of boxing?

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 24 Nov 2011, 5:02 pm

I was disappointed that he gave up his defence to try and please the crowd.

Sussing your opponent out is vital if hes a known big puncher. Khan didn't do that, he assumed he could just blast him out of there and let the whole arena down that night.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

The worst performance in the history of boxing? - Page 2 Empty Re: The worst performance in the history of boxing?

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 24 Nov 2011, 6:52 pm

made my night was a huge shock.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by skidd1 Thu 24 Nov 2011, 7:04 pm

Funso Banjo against some American guy..Page I think? Page actually apologised mid fight and asked the Ref to try and make Banjo fight
He got disquailified in the end.Not sure I have seen that before or since.Fortunately

skidd1

Back to top Go down

Post by RatBoy66 Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:17 pm

Have we forgotten Johnny Nelson v De Leon? This was for a world title FFS and neither of them were interested in hitting each other. Ftom that night on I have considered Nelson a bit of a joke and the fact he gives his 'expert opinion' on sky, having been involved in the most negative fight I have ever had the misfortune to witness, makes my blood boil.

I'm sure he must be a nice guy though Very Happy

RatBoy66

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:54 pm

In title fights then Johnny Nelson had a few early on.

Also Nelson vs Akinwande was awful.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:59 pm

WelshDevilRob wrote:In title fights then Johnny Nelson had a few early on.

Akinwande v Lewis was dreadful as well, notwithstanding the 'knockdown' that never was.

Does Union's performance in last seasons UCPL count? 11 points over the course of a season is abysmal.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:59 pm

On the subject of KOTV - I caught that episode aswell. That Tomko is a joker and was looking for a place to liedown. Disgraceful that he can call himself a boxer.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 25 Nov 2011, 2:00 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
WelshDevilRob wrote:In title fights then Johnny Nelson had a few early on.

Akinwande v Lewis was dreadful as well, notwithstanding the 'knockdown' that never was.

Does Union's performance in last seasons UCPL count? 11 points over the course of a season is abysmal.

Yeah the UCPL score was dreadful - I had expected more. Very Happy

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2