The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QPR charged on 7 counts. Could=Points deduction

+7
ADMIN
hodge
Corporalhumblebucket
Nay
Jammy31
Fernando
ncfc_Tooze
11 posters

Go down

QPR charged on 7 counts. Could=Points deduction Empty QPR charged on 7 counts. Could=Points deduction

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 09 Mar 2011, 7:14 pm

As this could shake up the whole of the championship i thought i would post this here rather than in just QPR's Thread. it could mean that QPR could get a fine or a fine and points deduction. Or it could be even worse as swindon were relegated form the championship in the 90s after gaining promotion Shocked for a similar reason.

QPR and Paladini charged
By - Wednesday, 09 March, 2011

Charges issued for breaches of Third Party and Agents Regulations.

‪The FA has charged Queens Park Rangers FC with seven breaches of FA regulations.‬

‪The Club charges relate to the player Alejandro Faurlin and concern the alleged existence of an agreement between the Club and a third party in respect of the player’s economic rights, and the alleged failure by the Club to notify The FA of that agreement before the player was registered to play in England in July 2009.‬

‪These charges are brought under FA Rules C1(b)(iii) and E3, and the Third Party Investment in Players Regulations, A1 and A2.‬

‪The Club is also charged with allegedly using or seeking to pay an Unauthorised Agent in relation to the player’s registration in July 2009. This charge is brought under the Players Agents Regulations, A1.‬

‪The Club and Club Official Gianni Paladini are also charged in respect of allegedly false information contained in documents submitted to The FA in relation to the same player signing an extension to his playing contract with the Club in October 2010. These charges are brought under the Players Agents Regulations, C2, and FA Rule E3.‬

‪The FA will make no further comment at this time.‬
http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2011/QPR-Paladini-charged

Championship leaders Queens Park Rangers face a possible points deduction after they were charged with a breach of rule banning third-party ownership in relation to Alejandro Faurlin.

The Argentine midfielder joined Queens Park Rangers in July 2009 from Institute FC for £3.5 million but it is now alleged that when he did so an un-named third-party retained a stake in his economic rights.

The FA on Wednesday charged the club and chairman Gianni Paladini with breaching seven regulations, including providing false information when the player was registered.

It is also charged with making payments to an unauthorised agent when Faurlin was signed.

If found guilty the club could face a range of penalties from a fine to a points deduction that might place their promotion chase in jeopardy. They are currently seven points clear at the top of the Championship and strong favourites to return to the Premier League.

The closest parallel to the case is that of Carlos Tévez who played for West Ham United in breach of the Premier League's third-party rules.
West Ham were eventually punished with a £5m fine rather than a points deduction and Tévez was permitted to continue playing, scoring the goals that kept the club in the league.

Sheffield United were the biggest losers from the Tévez case, being relegated under the management of Neil Warnock, who is now in charge at Loftus Road.

The FA consider that Faurlin, who is a QPR regular played 31 games and has scored twice this season, has been eligible to play because his registration was lodged with the FA.

The club will be charged with concealing the true nature of his contract from the FA when making that registration.

The Football League discovered the alleged breach of rules in September last year but as it did not have rules banning third –party ownership at the time he signed the case was passed to the FA.

The FA allowed QPR to buy out the third-party rights in October 2010 so that the player could continue to play without breaching any rules.

At the time QPR announced he had signed a four-year contract extension but did not mention the change in his contractual arrangements.

In a statement the FA said: "The FA has charged Queens Park Rangers FC with seven breaches of FA regulations.

‪"The Club charges relate to the player Alejandro Faurlin and concern the alleged existence of an agreement between the Club and a third party in respect of the player's economic rights, and the alleged failure by the Club to notify The FA of that agreement before the player was registered to play in England in July 2009.

‪"These charges are brought under FA Rules C1(b)(iii) and E3, and the Third Party Investment in Players Regulations, A1 and A2.
"The Club is also charged with allegedly using or seeking to pay an Unauthorised Agent in relation to the player's registration in July 2009.

This charge is brought under the Players Agents Regulations, A1.

‪"The Club and Club Official Gianni Paladini are also charged in respect of allegedly false information contained in documents submitted to The FA in relation to the same player signing an extension to his playing contract with the Club in October 2010. These charges are brought under the Players Agents Regulations, C2, and FA Rule E3."
Telegraph website

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

QPR charged on 7 counts. Could=Points deduction Empty Re: QPR charged on 7 counts. Could=Points deduction

Post by Fernando Wed 09 Mar 2011, 7:16 pm

if they found guilty massive fine or the f.a will take away point for what games faurlin has played in

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

QPR charged on 7 counts. Could=Points deduction Empty Re: QPR charged on 7 counts. Could=Points deduction

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 09 Mar 2011, 7:27 pm

Talksport reckon they will go for point deduction because of the ammount of money they have. If i were in any way associated fan etc i would be hoping for the fine as if it were points for games Faurlin has played in it will be most of them.

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Fri 11 Mar 2011, 8:48 pm

Im not going to lie, Im hoping for the fine !!! We deserve to go up this season ! We've worked too hard to get where we are to just be stripped of our points now.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 11 Mar 2011, 9:15 pm

no point giving qpr a fine their owner is minted.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Fri 11 Mar 2011, 9:27 pm

It will be interesting to see what Neil Warnock will have to say after the pullava and his behaviour during the west ham incident.

Or would he class this as different

I am not trying to stir as have no affiliation to any teams involved but curious on peoples thoughts

Nay

Back to top Go down

QPR charged on 7 counts. Could=Points deduction Empty It will be different!

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 12 Mar 2011, 7:38 pm

Nay Bother - I posted a similar question about Neil Warnock on the West Ham page - I just have a feeling that there will be a very good reason why this case is different Wink

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sat 12 Mar 2011, 9:37 pm

Is everyone just wanting to see Q.P.R suffer? Is it a hint of the green eyed monster? Because that what it seems like
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 13 Mar 2011, 12:03 am

jammy, everyone knows the rules you broke them. why give qpr a fine if it goes to make no difference to them.

warnock said west ham should of been deducted points (which they should of done but gave them a massive fine due to west ham's troublesome financial situation) for the same thing so their's no way he can change his stance on it to suit himself.

since that happened the f.a brought in a new rule about 3rd party ownership. everyone knows the rules so there's no excuse. your be lucky to avoid a points deduction. don't be suprised if they deduct any points that were earned while he played.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 13 Mar 2011, 5:29 am

in all honesty i want points taken off QPR just to see Warnock's reaction, haven't liked him since his QPR days when he publicly called Bristol City cheats and a disgrace on national news. Not alot against the club itself from me, just they have Warnock as a manager.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 13 Mar 2011, 8:30 am

For some years QPR was my second team - so I'd like to see them in the premier league. It's just that their manager is N Warnock Wink

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 13 Mar 2011, 8:48 am

I like Warnock, the game needs characters like him that are heavily opinionated and will fly off the handle during interviews.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 13 Mar 2011, 10:43 am

I just don't like QPR, a club that has bought it's way to the top of the championship. It should be teams like Cardiff and Norwich going up IMO Smile

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Mar 2011, 12:37 pm

Dont forget Leeds Steve Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 13 Mar 2011, 1:31 pm

My bad YI, I would love to see Leeds back in the Premier League. Their stadiums atmosphere and fans are Premier League standard and I would love to have them back in the PL.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 13 Mar 2011, 2:30 pm

because Cardiff haven't bought their way to the position theyre in at all Rolling Eyes

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sun 13 Mar 2011, 7:12 pm

I have no issue with the bought there way to the top of the championship argument.

95% of teams buy there positions whether there goal is survival, europe or winning the league they just spend more money than the teams below as they earned more prize money over the seasons.

If the club can sustain the wage bill then i see know probems wth it

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sun 13 Mar 2011, 7:29 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:I just don't like QPR, a club that has bought it's way to the top of the championship. It should be teams like Cardiff and Norwich going up IMO Smile

How have QPR bought their way to the top? We only bought in 2 million quids worth of players in the summer transfer window (£1.5m of that being taarabt). Overall, we've spend less than £5m this year. This team has got to where it is because of great management and pure talent on the pitch. According to the QPR lawyers, this is different to the Tevez incident, and they will go into the case 100% honest. A fine is still a fine at the end of the day, and will effect the club as much as it would any other club. Just because the owners have a fortune, and some of it has been put in the club, doesnt mean that the club are rich themselves. We are just backed by a billionaire who has put minimal amounts into the club.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 13 Mar 2011, 8:21 pm

I was maybe a little harsh in saying they'd bought their way to the top. But where were they before their billionaire arrived may I ask?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sun 13 Mar 2011, 8:24 pm

Ok, we werent going anywhere before that, and I admit that money does have an influence, but I mean, if this happened to any other Championship team, would people still have the same reaction. Or Q.P.R didnt have the money, but were where they are now?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sun 13 Mar 2011, 8:35 pm

I think the reaction here would be the same as they have broken rules, and as a result cheated. it doesnt matter where they are in the league or how much money the have

But dont worry, all that money buys the best lawyers lol

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by grant holt's moustache Tue 22 Mar 2011, 1:53 pm

as a norwich fan, it would be good for us to see points deducted. However, i dont think they deserve it as they have been the best team in the division by FAR all season.

I think it will only be a fine

grant holt's moustache

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 22 Mar 2011, 7:22 pm

Hi GHsMoustache nice to finally see another norwich fan on board

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 24 Mar 2011, 1:57 pm

I've not been impressed by QPR this season like i have been with other clubs like Norwich, Swansea and Cardiff but they have been the most clinical, a points reduction is the only way they'd be caught

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 24 Mar 2011, 2:01 pm

When is there going to be a ruling on this?

I can't see them being given a points deduction simply because of where they are in the league. Let's be honest, if they were mid-table with no hope of promotion or relegation then they'd probably be docked points but with them being top of the Championship and having been there for so long, a points deduction would open up a whole can of worms. There would be all sorts of court cases and whatnot so I see them just being hit with a fine.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Thu 24 Mar 2011, 3:27 pm

i don't know but Fa did say they wanted it dealt with as quick as possible a week or so ago. the longer it goes on though i can see them only getting a fine.
So im guessing they will try and get it done over during the break or as soon as possible after

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

QPR charged on 7 counts. Could=Points deduction Empty QPR set to learn fate by May 6th

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 06 Apr 2011, 2:37 pm

An independent regulatory commission will start on May 3 to hear seven charges against Queens Park Rangers that could see the Championship leaders docked points.

A verdict from the commission will be due on Friday, May 6 – the day before the regular Championship season fixtures are completed.

Rangers, nine points clear at the summit, could face a points deduction after being accused of signing £3.5m Argentine midfielder Alejandro Faurlin on a four-year deal from Institute in July 2009, but allowing an unnamed third party to keep a stake in his economic rights.

QPR and ex-chairman Gianni Paladini have also been charged with providing false information when Faurlin was originally registered, as well as paying an unauthorised agent as part of the player’s arrival.

Football League officials passed the discovery of third party involvement on to the FA in September, and they allowed QPR to buy out those rights a month later, enabling Faurlin to continue playing. However, further FA charges relate to concealing the full details of his contract and ownership when QPR subsequently came to register the player and ensure all was satisfactorily rectified. The case will be the first time the FA’s third party ownership rights have been tested.

Faurlin scored in Rangers’ 3-0 home win over relegation-threatened Sheffield United on Monday night.

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 06 Apr 2011, 2:44 pm

personally i believe if found guilty should have any points taken away from games that 's his played in

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down