The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicester Tigers fined over salary cap regulations breach but avoid points deduction

4 posters

Go down

Leicester Tigers fined over salary cap regulations breach but avoid points deduction Empty Leicester Tigers fined over salary cap regulations breach but avoid points deduction

Post by LordDowlais Wed 16 Mar 2022, 3:29 pm

How is this fair ?

If I was a Saracens fan I would be fuming. How come they have not been given the same sanctions ?

Leicester Tigers have been fined £309,841.06 but avoided any points deduction after a Premiership Rugby investigation found they had failed to comply with salary cap regulations.

Gallagher Premiership: Leicester Tigers fined £300k after salary cap investigation
The salary cap director determined that Leicester Tigers exceeded the salary cap by between £55k and £147k during four seasons from 2016-17 to 2020-21; there will be no further disciplinary process or appeal after Leicester Tigers accepted the outcome.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/news/12321/12566825/gallagher-premiership-leicester-tigers-fined-300k-for-salary-cap-breach

Leicester Tigers have accepted the outcome. Too bloody right they would and all. Third party payments !!!! Apparently they were doing it for 4 seasons, all whilst Saracens were being hung, drawn and quartered by everyone.

Where is the outcry from all on here ? The ones who were calling for justice when Saracens were accused of breaking the rules ?

Are any other clubs in England doing this ? My bets would be Bristol or Bath for starters. chin

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Leicester Tigers fined over salary cap regulations breach but avoid points deduction Empty Re: Leicester Tigers fined over salary cap regulations breach but avoid points deduction

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 16 Mar 2022, 3:36 pm

Saracens were cheating. And it's being discussed under the prem thread.

Hey sometimes teams cheat. Like Wales when they picked an all around the world 15.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Leicester Tigers fined over salary cap regulations breach but avoid points deduction Empty Re: Leicester Tigers fined over salary cap regulations breach but avoid points deduction

Post by LordDowlais Wed 16 Mar 2022, 3:41 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Hey sometimes teams cheat. Like Wales when they picked an all around the world 15.

Now I know why I stopped bothering on here. This behaviour still allowed.

OK I will take my leave. I should have known better.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 16 Mar 2022, 4:01 pm

Its already been fully discussed on another thread LD....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 16 Mar 2022, 4:09 pm

Yeah sorry LD I will remind you off Wales definitely cheating and annoy you when you just pluck 2 clubs (Well 1 at least) from thin air. See you later.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2022, 6:07 pm

Classic whataboutism, 7.5.

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 16 Mar 2022, 6:23 pm

LordDowlais wrote:How is this fair ?

If I was a Saracens fan I would be fuming. How come they have not been given the same sanctions ?

Leicester Tigers have been fined £309,841.06 but avoided any points deduction after a Premiership Rugby investigation found they had failed to comply with salary cap regulations.

Gallagher Premiership: Leicester Tigers fined £300k after salary cap investigation
The salary cap director determined that Leicester Tigers exceeded the salary cap by between £55k and £147k during four seasons from 2016-17 to 2020-21; there will be no further disciplinary process or appeal after Leicester Tigers accepted the outcome.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/news/12321/12566825/gallagher-premiership-leicester-tigers-fined-300k-for-salary-cap-breach

Leicester Tigers have accepted the outcome. Too bloody right they would and all. Third party payments !!!! Apparently they were doing it for 4 seasons, all whilst Saracens were being hung, drawn and quartered by everyone.

Where is the outcry from all on here ? The ones who were calling for justice when Saracens were accused of breaking the rules ?

Are any other clubs in England doing this ? My bets would be Bristol or Bath for starters.  chin

Tigers overspend over the four years was less than a single season of what Sarries were up to.

Tigers believed that image right deals via a third party was outside of the scope of the cap, however, the salary cap manager disagreed and so the club have accepted the findings and the fine.

Details of amounts of overspend and the overrun limits after which you get the points deduction.

• 2016/17: £147,750 (Senior Salary Cap £6,000,000; Overrun limit £325,000)

• 2017/18: £89,718.05 (Senior Salary Cap £6,400,000; Overrun limit £350,000)

• 2018/19: £55,886.69 (Senior Salary Cap £6,400,000; Overrun limit £350,000)

• 2019/20: £98,586.32 (Senior Salary Cap £6,400,000; Overrun limit £350,000)

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down