The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARIZA LIFTS THE LID ON WHO IS DODGING THE FIGHT!!!

+5
joeyjojo618
TRUSSMAN66
manos de piedra
ShahenshahG
azumah HOF
9 posters

Go down

ARIZA LIFTS THE LID ON WHO IS DODGING THE FIGHT!!! Empty ARIZA LIFTS THE LID ON WHO IS DODGING THE FIGHT!!!

Post by azumah HOF Sat 26 Nov 2011, 8:53 am

Read the piece below to find out an infuriated Alex Ariza admit that the obstruction to the big fight has always, and remains entrenched within Manny's camp.
Seems camp Mayweather must be absolved of all charges of dodging!!!

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/123308.html

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

ARIZA LIFTS THE LID ON WHO IS DODGING THE FIGHT!!! Empty Re: ARIZA LIFTS THE LID ON WHO IS DODGING THE FIGHT!!!

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 26 Nov 2011, 9:02 am

Only surprising thing is that Ariza said it so bluntly. I truly do hate Bob Arum

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

ARIZA LIFTS THE LID ON WHO IS DODGING THE FIGHT!!! Empty Re: ARIZA LIFTS THE LID ON WHO IS DODGING THE FIGHT!!!

Post by manos de piedra Sat 26 Nov 2011, 9:32 am

Ariza may be right, but it does little to convince me that Mayweather wants the fight either.

I dont think either camp has been pushed about this fight happening. Mayweather certainly hasnt been banging down the door or pulling out the stops to make it happen.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 26 Nov 2011, 10:14 am

Zoomy whilst it's always good to see you..you have to be careful Mate all your stuff is anti-Manny and pro-Mayweather..You're becoming an inverse copy of D4...

Now I've never felt that Floyd would duck anybody least of all Manny but I don't think it's all one sided either way..

I'm a huge Mayweather "Boxing" fan too but let's face it there are any number of boxing articles blaming one or the other all the time..

As you are a Hagler fan maybe check him out on youtube...he blames Floyd..thinks Manny will win and say's "If he asked me to take a drug test I'd tell him where to go...he either wants to fight me or not etc"

Not suggesting you are in D4's league but come on man......let's be more objective....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 26 Nov 2011, 10:15 am

Unfortunately, you are right mate. I wish that the boxing authorites could at least enforce their mandatories and set a fixed price across the board 70-30 to the winner. If you refuse to fight someone you get your license to box revoked in that country. Especially if this in enforced in america. You lose your license to fight there - might as well give up hope of ever becoming a superstar. Also any fighter who fights a blacklisted fighter - in any country - gets his license revoked too. Will stop people like Margarito flouting their bans, stop people avoiding each other and stop all this crap about contract negotiations and stipulations. The licensing committee should be legally responsible for each and every license issued - to stop people like Holyfield killing themselves. Also should be in charge of rankings and titles to end the proliferation of titles. All fights must give a fixed amount of money to be sanctioned not a percentage and promoters must be paid fixed amounts rather than a percentage. No person can occupy both the promoter and managers job (manager should also be paid a fixed rate- not a percentage. Anyone injured - can just like any other sport be replaced by the next ranked fighter - unfortunate but will encourage boxers to maintain best fitness while their career plays out.

Er..sorry - rant over.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sat 26 Nov 2011, 10:18 am

Mayweather might be interested in pushing for this fight after Manny's recent showings.

Does anyone know anything about Mannys contract with Arum? I would love to see him walk away from Top Rank and make the biggest grossing fight in a very long time. Im sure it wont happen (Arum probably legally owns his soul by now), but it would be really funny.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 26 Nov 2011, 10:22 am

He on lockdown - all arum fighters are. Arum is a poor mans Don King.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sat 26 Nov 2011, 10:30 am

I dont wish death on anyone, but I cant help but think that boxing will be in a better state when Arum shuffles off the mortal coil. Its his job to make these kind of matchups happen, not purposefully get in the way because of his personal feelings.

When Balti reads this he will go berserk. Ive never seen anyone hate something as much as he hates Arum.

Last edited by joeyjojo618 on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 26 Nov 2011, 10:34 am

joeyjojo618 wrote:I dont wish death on anyone, but I cant help but think that boxing will be in a better state when Arum shuffles off the mortal coil. Its his job to make these kind of matchups happen, not purposefully get in the way because of his personal feelings.

When Balti reads this he will go beserk. Ive never seen anyone hate something as much as he hates Arum.

No need to pretend you want him dead my friend - theres a queue out - Balti has offered to take us all on a world cruise if we kill Bob Arum - what a cheapskate eh? We'd have to do that anyway - because we'd be running from the authorities Laugh

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sat 26 Nov 2011, 10:36 am

Very Happy Maybe this will tip Balti over the edge and he will do it for us.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 26 Nov 2011, 10:39 am

I disagree..I think Arum is great at his job and gets the best deal for himself and his fighters..there has never been a hugely succesful figure in business, politics or sport that doesn't protect his own interests....

It's like the death of Hussein and Gaddafi..let's see who takes over after they have gone...

Arum is doing what anybody who becomes hugely powerful does..just like you guys would in his position...

As for wishing for the guy to die..well that's beyond contempt...

So much naivete..In life sometimes it's better the devil you know..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 26 Nov 2011, 10:43 am

it would be a shame. It would something like Victor Meldrews death.

And Truss - we don't really wish him to die - Although I don't speak for Balti here - just expression our frustration as fans of the sport. He sin't the only one - just the main one right now. Also I wouldn't do what he is doing I'd simply make all the fights happen and let the boxer choose his own destiny.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sat 26 Nov 2011, 10:49 am

No one stated that they wanted him dead truss (except in jest, which is fine unless you are one of those sensitive types.) Simply that if he wasnt standing in the way of negotiations between two of the biggest promotional companies in the game then more fights that the fans want to see would get made.

Making money for his fighters and himself is fine, but everyone would make a huge amount of money out of Floyd/Manny. Theres an argument to say that manny gets paid big money fighting lesser fighters and Arum is doing the right thing in avoiding Floyd, but if hes only got a few more fights left then it makes financial sense to make it now. But from the sound of it thats not going to happen because of Arums feelings towards the opposing camp, not out of obligation to doing the best thing for either himself or Manny.

Suggesting someone worse might come along is clutching at straws.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 26 Nov 2011, 11:03 am

Think Truss is rather angry that Azania has taken his position as chief agitator.

Although he may have a wee point regarding someone worse coming along - first there was Don King an absolute charmer who made fights happen but robbed his fighters blind - now there Bob Arum who doesn't make the best fights happen and robs the fans blind. A little careful what we wish for but like you implied - it doesn't excuse Bob Arum.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 26 Nov 2011, 11:50 am

"Think Truss is rather angry azania etc.."

I'm not allowed an opinion then!!....you're pathetic..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 26 Nov 2011, 11:59 am

A reference to your taking offence to the joke rather than your opinion on Bob Arum.

Last edited by ShahenshahG on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To much rathering.)

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 26 Nov 2011, 12:03 pm

Like calling me a bum on trash talk...

Keep your jokes.....

Wishing people to die..goes beyond joking for me...but then I'm from a different Country with different values..

But yeah I'm really upset I lost the agitator in Cheif tag as it's the only reason I come on here..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 26 Nov 2011, 12:26 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Like calling me a bum on trash talk...

Keep your jokes.....

Wishing people to die..goes beyond joking for me...but then I'm from a different Country with different values..

But yeah I'm really upset I lost the agitator in Cheif tag as it's the only reason I come on here..

Hey - all you had to do was ignore it - this is Britain - anything and everything is fair game for a joke - you should have learnt that by now. As for different country with Different values - remind me again which country hosts and started off the sickipedia site?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 26 Nov 2011, 12:28 pm

I wasn't intending to post on here again, but hadn't realised the laptop had automatically logged me in. For the record: I 100% absolutely and sincerely wish Mr Bob Arum were dead. This argument that 'someone worse may replace him' is ridiculous. He's just another fat American leeching off others. I'm sure none of the Eastern Europeans who suffered under Stalin were anticipating what he'd be like, but that doesn't mean they should have been content with Hitler.

Right, I'm off again now. Too many pouty sulking types on here.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 26 Nov 2011, 12:33 pm

Good...stay off.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Sat 26 Nov 2011, 3:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Zoomy whilst it's always good to see you..you have to be careful Mate all your stuff is anti-Manny and pro-Mayweather..You're becoming an inverse copy of D4...

Now I've never felt that Floyd would duck anybody least of all Manny but I don't think it's all one sided either way..

I'm a huge Mayweather "Boxing" fan too but let's face it there are any number of boxing articles blaming one or the other all the time..

As you are a Hagler fan maybe check him out on youtube...he blames Floyd..thinks Manny will win and say's "If he asked me to take a drug test I'd tell him where to go...he either wants to fight me or not etc"

Not suggesting you are in D4's league but come on man......let's be more objective....

Trussy Trussy Trussy, still on auto pilot i see me ole mate. Listen your Azumah is anit Manny stuff is a bit rich ole boy. Lets remember this is the same zoomy who clashed viloently with an unamed Texan in the run up to Manny vs Hatton. Said Texan was convinced Hatton would demolish the lil fella.... Zoomy told the Texan he hadn't done his home work and Hatton would be stopped and destroyed, to the sound of much derision from the aforementioned Texan.
Truth is i have always admired Manny, and picked him for the many fights. However i have been resolute in my opinion that as great as he is, there is a glaring technical gap betweeen him and Floyd. further to this i have taken vigorously rubbished the assertion that Floyd is ducking this fight, knowing full well that this was propganda coming from the Manny camp. And now an insider confirms as much. I need no lessons in making objective judgements on boxers.... i judge talent not personalities. I was won over by Chavez even though he beat two of my favorites in Chappo and Taylor. Truss... lucid argument.... wrong target mate!!!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 26 Nov 2011, 3:21 pm

Maybe I have mis-characterised you Mate....but is one person enough rebuttal....????

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sat 26 Nov 2011, 6:11 pm

Truss you're one funny guy! Laugh never change for no-one OK

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 26 Nov 2011, 8:07 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Like calling me a bum on trash talk...

Keep your jokes.....

Very thinly veiled.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 26 Nov 2011, 8:33 pm

It doesn't take the one-eyed man in the land of the blind to see that Arum has been absolutely miking Manny, putting him up against in-house fighters.

Arum would put Manny up against his guys or negotiate with Ignacio Beristain but he won't fight a Golden Boy fighter nevermind Mayweather.

People will always say boxing is about money but Arum's greed knows no bounds. He's dragging boxing down again and making a mockery out of Pacquiao.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Nov 2011, 8:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Spot on Truss, unfortunately with all the fuss nowadays with boxing politics and all the parties involved in what would be an absolute monster of a fight, there is just too much going on to say it's entirely Manny or entirely Floyd's fault.

There are just so many variables and people wanting to make money from this for it to be simple. Unfortunately.

Last edited by TumblingDice on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 26 Nov 2011, 10:55 pm

To much money on the line for Floyd to duck Manny. Only one thing matters more than the zero and that's money.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down