The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Cuddy not understand a thing?

3 posters

Go down

Does Cuddy not understand a thing? Empty Does Cuddy not understand a thing?

Post by westernosprey Sat 26 Nov 2011, 12:25 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/15898046.stm

Other than ripping off other building companies, I don't think Cuddy knows much. He doesn't understand why the Ospreys attendances are so bad?

Well one of the main factors this season would be the amount of players that "sell" tickets. I think the academies and nurturing of youth is brilliant for the greater good, but if you want to flog tickets, build an atmosphere and make your matches attractive then you have to maintain some of your "big name" players.

I agree that some of the players who left were not always in the clubs best interests, but when you lose Phillips, Hook, Byrne, Henson, Collins, Holah etc etc.. then you aren't going to get 15,000+ wanting to see the likes of Bishop, Fussell, Gough etc..

At least for this season Cuddy surely would expect bad attendances based on the amount of well know players that have left the Ospreys?

Also the Ospreys have never been very good at marketing. They seem great at merchandising and selling shirts and getting their name everywhere, but they don't know how to attract people on matchday.

I have said it for years and I will say it again. Even as just an experiment they should be doing a £5 a ticket day. That could possibly sell the place out. Wales football did it once at the Millennium Stadium and it worked. They could even do free food at half time. Some sort of better pre match entertainment. There is so much that they are not TRYING, they are just moaning.

westernosprey

Back to top Go down

Does Cuddy not understand a thing? Empty Re: Does Cuddy not understand a thing?

Post by maestegmafia Sat 26 Nov 2011, 1:01 pm

If they picked Matthew Morgan over Biggar they would get more fans... He is always worth the ticket fee... Great player, very exciting.

Shane Williams is in that category too.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Sat 26 Nov 2011, 1:53 pm

the job in the watch repair shop is still going Wink

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down