The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trap will be back

3 posters

Go down

Trap will be back Empty Trap will be back

Post by Irish Curry Sun 27 Nov 2011, 9:04 pm

From [url=http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/1127/trapattonig.html]RTE[/url]

[quote]Republic of Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni is set to sign a two-year contract extension according to several Sunday newspaper reports.

Businessman Denis O'Brien is again set to provide some of the Italian's salary, which is set to drop from €1.8m to €1.5m. Assistant coach Marco Tardelli and fitness coach Fausto Rossi will also remain with O'Brien providing 50% of the financing.

Trapattoni successfully steered Ireland into Euro 2012 after a playoff victory over Estonia. The new deal with see him take charge of Ireland's bid to qualify for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

It has been agreed but not yet finalised. Trapattoni is expected to sign it this week. He will then fly to Kiev for the Euro 2012 draw, which takes place on Friday at 5.30pm and will be televised live on RTÉ 2.[/quote]

I have one thing to say, ****!!!! mad furious

So for another two years we will be forced to indure this "football" from the Ireland national team. Just great. Here was me thinking there might be hope of it not being renewed and I see this now. steam Rolling Eyes
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Trap will be back Empty Re: Trap will be back

Post by Thomond Sun 27 Nov 2011, 9:07 pm

I'm kind of happy and not. You can't argue with his results but God is it awful.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 28 Nov 2011, 8:45 am

Not the best football, but in fairness to the guy, he's got us to our first majot tournament in 10 years.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Nov 2011, 2:29 pm

Trappatoni is a very underrated manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Mon 28 Nov 2011, 4:50 pm

I'm not denying that he is a good manager I am merly saying that he plays terrible football and it is become somewhat of a national chore to watch Ireland play, with the players we have we could play a bit better, I'm nit asking to play like Spain (Frankly we would get ripped apart and I find them boring anyway) just a bit more attacking thats all. Its really not too much to ask.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down