The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is It Tebow Time

+8
mikeygnfl
skins4ever
Forward Pass
Derbyblue
Grizzly
TheBrownTown
glasgowhibs
cherriesfna
12 posters

Go down

Is It Tebow Time Empty Is It Tebow Time

Post by cherriesfna Mon 28 Nov 2011, 8:43 am

5-1 as a starter has to mean something, and what is even more scary is that they are in witha real shout at the play-offs

now my team are out of hte play-off hunt, im fully behind denver

Its Tebow Time Baby!!!! Whooooo
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Is It Tebow Time Empty Re: Is It Tebow Time

Post by glasgowhibs Mon 28 Nov 2011, 1:38 pm

Tebow's success is purely based on that beast of a D you have.

I think he's a very poor QB with a laughable throwing motion (it's a scientific fact that it takes him 8.9 seconds to wind up a throw), terrible accuracy (John Fox has caught more passes than Bronco receivers this year.....fact) and above-average running ability.

He's a winner though, I'll give you that, but the bubble will eventually burst for him.

glasgowhibs

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Mon 28 Nov 2011, 1:41 pm

Good to hear you're behind the Broncos.
I honestly haven't a clue if Tebow is the answer, and I don't think anyone else knows either. He is 5-1 but most of that is down to defense and the running game, however he has made some nice throws when it matters.
The jury is still out on this guy and it should be fun to see how he develops. I'm amazed we're in the playoff hunt although I reckon we'll lose out to the Raiders in the west and the Bengals in the wild-card race.

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Mon 28 Nov 2011, 1:45 pm

5-1 says plenty so from a Broncos perspective he has to be the answer.
Personally, I didn't like the way the fans got on Ortons back and I just can't can't take to a QB who can't throw the thing.

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 28 Nov 2011, 1:46 pm

TheBrownTown wrote:I honestly haven't a clue if Tebow is the answer, and I don't think anyone else knows either.
I think a lot of people do, and he isn't the long term answer, or at least he isn't if you used a real offensive scheme but eventually people will figure it out the triple option it's not difficult. Also I agree with what Warren Sapp said in a video I watched last night if the big D-line guys are chasing after him they've got to hit him, if he gets hit on most plays he'll eventually get worn down and stop running it himself.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Mon 28 Nov 2011, 1:47 pm

Grizzly wrote:a QB who can't throw the thing.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d82487340/QB-Tebow-to-WR-Decker-18-yd-pass-TD

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Mon 28 Nov 2011, 1:59 pm

He's fun to watch but not a great QB in my opinion
Long term I think good D's will work out ways to stop him as they do most 1 dimensional teams , if he could quicken up his release time it would keep any D off balance
Broncos are commited to him for at least another season after releasing Orton
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 28 Nov 2011, 2:00 pm

Derbyblue wrote:
TheBrownTown wrote:I honestly haven't a clue if Tebow is the answer, and I don't think anyone else knows either.
I think a lot of people do, and he isn't the long term answer, or at least he isn't if you used a real offensive scheme but eventually people will figure it out the triple option it's not difficult. Also I agree with what Warren Sapp said in a video I watched last night if the big D-line guys are chasing after him they've got to hit him, if he gets hit on most plays he'll eventually get worn down and stop running it himself.

Tebow took a few big hits last night, and barring one, got up pretty quickly and carried on. I don't think his toughness and injury resistance is a factor, at least no more than any player. Remember most QB injuries come from sacks and hits in the pocket when they are stationary and exposed. Most hits on Tebow while running (as with any running back) are taken on the pads and helmet, protecting him as designed.

The only factors that will impact the Bronco's are can their D keep them close in the next few games to allow their mediocre O to get away with scoring under 20 points each week and can opposition defenses finally come up with a scheme to shut them down within the same period? If the answers are yes and no, then the Bronco's can quite easily make the playoffs. Otherwise it will be a short run of success and look at the Bronco's drafting another QB next year.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 28 Nov 2011, 2:06 pm

TheBrownTown wrote:
Grizzly wrote:a QB who can't throw the thing.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d82487340/QB-Tebow-to-WR-Decker-18-yd-pass-TD
He can throw but he can't win a game through throwing it, if he came up against some of the best rushing defenses he would spend most of the game on his back. Kyle Orton the QB who isn't on your roster anymore and hasn't played for you since week 5 is still your teams leading passer, most accurate passer and him and Tebow both have 8 passing TD's for the Broncos.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 28 Nov 2011, 2:46 pm

skins4ever wrote:
Derbyblue wrote:

Tebow took a few big hits last night, and barring one, got up pretty quickly and carried on. I don't think his toughness and injury resistance is a factor, at least no more than any player. Remember most QB injuries come from sacks and hits in the pocket when they are stationary and exposed. Most hits on Tebow while running (as with any running back) are taken on the pads and helmet, protecting him as designed.

The only factors that will impact the Bronco's are can their D keep them close in the next few games to allow their mediocre O to get away with scoring under 20 points each week and can opposition defenses finally come up with a scheme to shut them down within the same period? If the answers are yes and no, then the Bronco's can quite easily make the playoffs. Otherwise it will be a short run of success and look at the Bronco's drafting another QB next year.
It's a good point his pads and helmets should protect him well enough but if he was getting a big hit after most of his runs it may eventually wear him down or make him a little bit less run happy, Broncos would still have a good running game if you take Tebow out of it but it would have an impact on their ability to run. Also if they came up against a good run defense or a defensive coordinator who has worked out how to stop the triple option Tebow will be forced to stand in the pocket and try to pass his way out of trouble, something I don't believe he can. Skins you may disagree with me on this but personally I think there are BUAFL and therefore probably BAFA quarterbacks who are better at the key job of their position than Tebow.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 28 Nov 2011, 2:46 pm

It does help when the opposing kicker misses match winning field goals.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 28 Nov 2011, 2:47 pm

NFL MIKE wrote:It does help when the opposing kicker misses match winning field goals.
That's down to the #Tebowing!

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Mon 28 Nov 2011, 3:51 pm

NFL MIKE wrote:It does help when the opposing kicker misses match winning field goals.

It wasn't exactly an easy kick

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby3695 Mon 28 Nov 2011, 4:11 pm

Tebow Time? More like Miller's Moment.

Von Miller is incredible, busting that run back 5 yards to move Novak out of "comfortable" to "difficult" FG range as well as get in every QB's face every game.

The denver offense is averaging just as many points with Tebow as it did with Orton, the difference is not throwing it so much has resulted in less turnovers.

Tebow is a pain cos of his running ability, but if they were to play a half decent team that didn't have nearly an entire OL out injured like the Chargers, or had Mark Sanchez at QB gifting them points then the Broncos would really be struggling. Yes, you can only beat who's put in front of you but come on, he's no QB revolution.

Toby3695

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Mon 28 Nov 2011, 4:40 pm

Toby3695 wrote:Tebow Time? More like Miller's Moment.

Von Miller is incredible, busting that run back 5 yards to move Novak out of "comfortable" to "difficult" FG range as well as get in every QB's face every game.

The denver offense is averaging just as many points with Tebow as it did with Orton, the difference is not throwing it so much has resulted in less turnovers.

Tebow is a pain cos of his running ability, but if they were to play a half decent team that didn't have nearly an entire OL out injured like the Chargers, or had Mark Sanchez at QB gifting them points then the Broncos would really be struggling. Yes, you can only beat who's put in front of you but come on, he's no QB revolution.

I definitely agree with you to a point, Tebow has not played well and he is not the reason we've won 5 out of 6, but it's not like our D played well just because of the chargers' hurt o-line, they've played great 4 games in a row.

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by Toby3695 Mon 28 Nov 2011, 4:49 pm

I didn't mean it was just the SD injuries that lead to a good game from Denver's D, just that you've hardly played the Chargers when they're firing on all cylinders (not that they have been since about 2006) or any really strong teams since Tebow came in. But yea, the D has been fearsome. Winning 3 games when you score 17, 17 and 16? That's some top level defense.

Toby3695

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:31 pm

Derbyblue wrote:It's a good point his pads and helmets should protect him well enough but if he was getting a big hit after most of his runs it may eventually wear him down or make him a little bit less run happy, Broncos would still have a good running game if you take Tebow out of it but it would have an impact on their ability to run. Also if they came up against a good run defense or a defensive coordinator who has worked out how to stop the triple option Tebow will be forced to stand in the pocket and try to pass his way out of trouble, something I don't believe he can. Skins you may disagree with me on this but personally I think there are BUAFL and therefore probably BAFA quarterbacks who are better at the key job of their position than Tebow.

Oh, don't get me wrong, as a pure QB Tebow is horrible. I can throw the ball better than him (as long as its under 35 yards!) at my age, but I certainly can't run like that! No, IMHO he is a good running QB and what I meant by my earlier comment is that he has consistently proven himself to be mentally and physically tough, which you cannot exclude from the equation. But a DC will catch him out soon enough an when he has to drop back as a pure passer he will be found out. Plus, if he hasn't fixed his poor mechanics in 2 seasons as a pro I have to wonder if he ever will.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:42 pm

I think the point about him not being able to take so many hits in the long run is slightly wrong because Tebow isn't built like your average QB, he's not built as small as Vick. He's like a linebacker playing QB so I don't think the contact aspect will be a problem for him. The problem for him is accuracy and going through reads properly

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyforger Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:48 pm

So if the Broncos don't catch the Raiders and don't make the play offs, are the Denver fans going to be pleased that Tebow cost them higher picks in the draft with his run of wins?

Skyforger

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:52 pm

Nope. Was thinking about this while watching the Chargers game last night. I could never root against Denver.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:53 pm

Skyforger wrote:So if the Broncos don't catch the Raiders and don't make the play offs, are the Denver fans going to be pleased that Tebow cost them higher picks in the draft with his run of wins?

Nah, I'm just glad we're back to being kinda relevant, it's not like we would go far in the playoffs anyway, I'm glad we've had these wins.

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by El Capitan Tue 29 Nov 2011, 2:04 pm

Skyforger wrote:So if the Broncos don't catch the Raiders and don't make the play offs, are the Denver fans going to be pleased that Tebow cost them higher picks in the draft with his run of wins?

that's ridiculous. Any fan that wished that their team didn't challenge for the playoffs and isn't happy with 4 wins on the bounce isn't a true fan imho.

maybe if we were talking about having to lose in Week 17 and we had a 3-12 record with nothing at all to play for i'd feel a bit differently but you can't hate on Tebow or our team for showing the fight and getting the W's that they are getting. Time will tell whether it'll be detrimental in the long term but thats why we hopefully got a good coach in John Fox in the off-season. Its gonna be interesting that's for sure and a lot of fans are gonna get their knickers in a twist before all is said and done.

--

Tebow is by no means the reason we are 6-5. But you are a fool if you think he isn't part of it. Our D has been playing great, our special teams too. And Tebow has only turned the ball over once this past 6 games - that is huge. He is getting it done when he is being asked. Everybody knows that this won't be sustainable but if he improves his throwing as he is slowly doing, then there is a chance that this might go somewhere.

El Capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Capitan Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:10 pm

just read this and it made me laugh:

Fearless prediction on how this plays out for Tim Tebow over the next ten years.

Denver closes the season at 9-7 with wins over Minnesota away, and Chicago and Kansas City at home. They lose to New England in Denver and Buffalo at Ralph Wilson Stadium and miss the playoffs.

Tebow finishes the year about where he is right now with rabid support from his fan base and team, lukewarm support from his coach, and thinly veiled disdain from John Elway. Who just happens to be the Executive Vice President of Football Operations for the company employing Tim Tebow. Owner Pat Bowlen loves the marketing excitement Tebow generates and all the intangibles he brings but ultimately puts his faith in his "football guy" John Elway. He remains publicly invisible on the issue so people still come to his Christmas party.

Elway privately suggests Tebow should try out for the Colorado Rockies with "that windup". ESPN's Skip Bayless releases an article detailing jersey preference among Bronco fans and it's revealed the polling data shows #15 jerseys outweigh #7 jerseys by 50 to 1. Among the all important 21 to 45 year old Female segment, the ratio is 10,000:1.

Elway informs Pat Bowlen they are drafting a quarterback in the 2012 draft but every agent makes it clear their client is not entering the public relation black hole of playing the sacrificial Kyle Orton role. Elway is outraged a quarterback would try to dictate where he will play.

The night before the NFL draft, Elway announces he's traded Tim Tebow to Jacksonville as new owner Shahid Khan makes a splash after purchasing the Jaguars for $760 million a few months earlier. Blaine Gabbert is Jimmy Claussened. And likes it.

Tebow leads Jacksonville to a 10-6 record in 2012 and their first playoff appearance since 2007. The following year, Jacksonville is 6-10 as Tebow misses the last 5 games with a collarbone injury. In 2014, Tebow returns healthy and the Jaguars are back in the playoffs. For 2015, Tebow leads Jacksonville to the Divisional playoff game where they lose. After the Super Bowl, Tebow announces his retirement to pursue other interests.

One of these "other interests" happens to be serving as the primary investor in a company that becomes the 2021 version of Twitter. The company goes public and Tebow buys the Denver Broncos for 2 billion dollars and makes John Elway the highest paid Team President in the league.

You just wait...

Very Happy

El Capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down