The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst fishing trip you've ever had?

+2
sherm
Fists of Fury
6 posters

Go down

Worst fishing trip you've ever had? Empty Worst fishing trip you've ever had?

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:15 pm

We all like to talk about those days where we have bagged up, but what about those days where it all goes wrong, or the elements are against you.

One of mine would have to be when I made a 30 mile trip to this one lake, it was freezing cold but still when I set off, something which I don't mind. However, upon arrival the wind was up, icy cold and piercing right through my clothing. Within 30 minutes of setting up and fishing it started to hail torentially, stinging every part of my face and hands it hit.

In summary, I was totally drenched, frozen solid, caught absolutely nothing and snagged my feeder on the last cast I had, losing the lot and deciding to give up. Horrible.

Over to you.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Worst fishing trip you've ever had? Empty Re: Worst fishing trip you've ever had?

Post by sherm Tue 29 Nov 2011, 3:22 pm

This summer took my little boat out for a 4/5day trip down the Thames and managed to break the ignition within an hour, had to wait a day and night to be picked up, only for my friend to poke about for 2 minutes and fix it,, to say i was peeed off is an understatement..

Few years back I drove to Walthamstow reservoirs (a fair trot for me) , and similar to you fist the weather was horrid, I fell over before i`d even set up and a friend spilt a whole can of cider in my carry all, I swore a fair bit and drove home in my boxers straight away annoyed soaked and my car smelling like a tramps breakfast

sherm

Back to top Go down

Worst fishing trip you've ever had? Empty Re: Worst fishing trip you've ever had?

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 29 Nov 2011, 3:34 pm

Laugh it's warming to know it happens to others.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sherm Tue 29 Nov 2011, 7:02 pm

I`ve also had the fairly standard rod dragged in moment, but the fish wasnt on when I got it back

sherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Treacher Sat 29 Dec 2012, 1:09 pm

I live in Sweden. Some years back on one cold day in late November, I was out with my 40+ son fishing for sea trout in a sound on the Baltic. It was a bit unsportsmanlike, in that we were trolling. What perhaps made it more sportsmanlike, was that we we also suffering. Despite our survival suits, it was so cold – particularly the hands that were in constant contact with freezing water. I was in agony. But I could not give up because I did not want to lose face with my son.

So we persevered. Behind us - some 150m behind – in our tracks there was another open boat with a guy trolling.

Eventually, by mutual agreement (to save fingers and face), my son and I tacitly agreed that it was perhaps time for a break. So we beached the boat and opened the thermos.

At the same time that other boat appeared. I instinctively knew what was going to happen. When the other boat was immediately in front of us I commented to my son in Swedish:

“Jag slår vad att den där djävla fittan kommer att få en fisk mitt framför ögonen på oss.”

= I bet you that that f*c*k*ing c*n*t will get a fish before our very eyes.

Upon which the sea behind simply exploded. And all we could do was sit and watch while the the other bloke played and netted “our fish.”

Come to think of it, that lends another dimension to the expression: “Warming her up for the next bloke.”

Anthony Treacher

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 29 Dec 2012, 10:59 pm

Only been fishing twice once here was a fantastic school trip in a lake. Catch and release. The other was in pakistan, we had to park the jeep and climb up a big hill/mountain in the very humid monsoon season and walked for about 4 hours to the other side of the hill. Then the guide waded into the pond and caught and threw ashore about 8 fish within ten minutes with his bare hands. Then we wandered around the lake for 3 hours, didnt see let alone catch anything and walked back another 4 hours in the miserable stifling heat stinking of fish

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Jan 2013, 1:58 pm

Went to a nightclub in Sale once can't remember the name.......Took my rod with me and casted it out looking to get a bite.....

Didn't get anything!!!

Always remember that trip.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 04 Jan 2013, 2:32 pm

That's ok Truss, sure you get plenty of bites in the blue oyster.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Jan 2013, 2:35 pm

Not found one with a pearl in it yet though!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 04 Jan 2013, 3:54 pm

Never had a bad trip. Once fished the pier at Port Douglas (Queensland, Aus) overnight. Ended up with over 100 bites (missus stopped counting at 100) from sand flies and other critters. Itched for months afterwards

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 06 Jan 2013, 5:28 pm

Once went on a boat called the ORCA.....hunting a great white.....

Ended up paddling back to shore......

That wasn't much fun...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down