The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benn vs McClellan, ITV, Monday Dec 5th, 10.35pm

+16
mikeymax71
cave_man_KO
Haito
milkyboy
horizontalhero
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
oxring
Fists of Fury
superflyweight
bhb001
AlexHuckerby
The Galveston Giant
88Chris05
KingMonkey
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Benn vs McClellan, ITV, Monday Dec 5th, 10.35pm - Page 2 Empty Benn vs McClellan, ITV, Monday Dec 5th, 10.35pm

Post by KingMonkey Tue 29 Nov 2011, 3:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Has anyone brought this up yet? I've not looked far down the forum.

Hour and twenty min documentary next Monday evening.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Benn vs McClellan, ITV, Monday Dec 5th, 10.35pm - Page 2 Empty Re: Benn vs McClellan, ITV, Monday Dec 5th, 10.35pm

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:01 am

What if you a make a living as a piercer?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Benn vs McClellan, ITV, Monday Dec 5th, 10.35pm - Page 2 Empty Re: Benn vs McClellan, ITV, Monday Dec 5th, 10.35pm

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:02 am

That can't be steady work theirs only so many ears in the World!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:03 am

There are other things that can be bejewelled.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:05 am

Body piercers my friend. theres tons of work for them - I should know - I wor security - I used to work in the town centre and did the usual security thing. Walk around once in a while then go on the cctv and laugh at the people coming out of tattoo parlours/piercers.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:39 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
horizontalhero wrote:What is hard when watching reruns of this fight is to see how obvious it is that McClellan is in serious trouble a good three, possibly four rounds before it's stopped - he starts blinking alot and keeps pushing out his gum shield- fairly clear sign that he's not getting enough oxygen to the brain. The french ref was a disgrace-how he failed to notice this is beyond me.

I think you're being a little unfair on the ref there. It's easy with hindsight to say McClellan was showing signs of genuine distress, but I wouldn't have even known what these signs meant back then, and very much doubt I am alone in that. In fact, I would say unless you had knowledge of this kind of injury, then you wouldn't have even noticed when the fight was underway. It is not like he wasn't punching back or had completely stopped defending himself. It was a incredibly brutal and gruelling fight, and to suggest the ref should be picking these signs up in the midst of that is grossly unfair. It was 1995 not 2005. It was a tragic night but as a consequence of it, and other similar instances, the sport has made great strides in dealing with this kind of trauma. I don't think you can look back at that fight with any real objectivity armed with the knowledge of what unfolded.

Sorry mate, whilst I can understand that fans might not have known what the signs meant, there's no excuse for the ref not - these are well paid professionals who's job it is to protect the boxers welfare, and as you state this was 1995- four years after the Watson tragedy and the following review of safety standards. And for the record I noticed that he was in trouble and told the people that I was watching with that we were watching a man getting killed- and I'm in the construction industry, not in any way a doctor, or ref..I stand by my opinion that the ref was a disgrace.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 02 Dec 2011, 9:40 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2011/dec/02/nigel-benn-gerald-mcclellan-fight

Article by the author of "War, Baby", Kevin Mitchell.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2