The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweet Pea says Mad Zab will beat Floyd now!!!

+7
BALTIMORA
coxy0001
Sugar Boy Sweetie
The Galveston Giant
bellchees
Billy Shears
D4thincarnation
11 posters

Go down

Sweet Pea says Mad Zab will beat Floyd now!!! Empty Sweet Pea says Mad Zab will beat Floyd now!!!

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 10 Mar 2011, 4:50 pm

The new trainer of Zab Judah, the former 4 weight world champ Pernell Whitaker has said that Floyd can't beat Zab again.

Sweet Pea said that Zab done well for the first 6 rounds but did not mentally prepare for the final 6 against Floyd.

Whitaker a slick southpaw himself said Judah is a very close copy of himself and with him in Zab's corner Floyd cannot beat him.

Judah who was coming of a great stoppage win over Mabuza and also beat the highly rated Matthysse recently too has had a resurgence in his career and is now th IBF title holder, what more can he achieve in the tail end of his career.

What fights do you think Judah should chase now? Winner/loser of Bradley/Khan, Alexander, Maidana, Pacquiao, Mayweather.

Who would you like to see Zab "not so mad" Judah fight this year?

http://www.boxingscene.com/floyd-mayweather-t-beat-judah-again-says-whitaker--36824

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Sweet Pea says Mad Zab will beat Floyd now!!! Empty Re: Sweet Pea says Mad Zab will beat Floyd now!!!

Post by Billy Shears Thu 10 Mar 2011, 5:23 pm

Just read that on boxingscene myself and did question Sweet Pea's judgement in that instance. Rather than Zab being a close copy of the legend, I saw him as more of a cheap bastardisation.

However, on a night of plastic world champions I would have rather seen both Judah and Alvarez walk away the victors, rather than Hatton and Mabuza. Realistically I could see Zab fighting the winner of Maidana - Morales, or perhaps Alexander.
Whitaker could pull his moves off against the best in the world, Zab pulled them off against a wildly swinging fringe contender, somewhat playing into his hands. I think someone with Khan's power and accuracy - fingers crossed - would be too much for him.

That said, with Whitaker in his corner, if he keeps improving as such rates - who knows?

Billy Shears

Back to top Go down

Sweet Pea says Mad Zab will beat Floyd now!!! Empty Re: Sweet Pea says Mad Zab will beat Floyd now!!!

Post by bellchees Thu 10 Mar 2011, 5:31 pm

Whitaker must have took more punches than people first thought if he actually thinks Judah would beat Mayweather in a rematch.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 10 Mar 2011, 5:36 pm

I feel the Judah we seen on saturday could give Mayweather more trouble than in their first fight, hopefully next time we see Zab he's not back to square one, i wouldn't mind seeing him in with Maidana feel that one could be a cracker, if he continues to improve i would have no problem putting him in with Khan or Bradley but both would start favourites.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 10 Mar 2011, 5:51 pm

Zab's well past his sell by date. He only won 3 of 12 rounds against floyd in his prime, I dont quite see how beating mabuza makes him a candidate to beat an elite fighter again. He's not as effective above 140lb either. Whitaker is just doing the usual. Seems whenever someone wants to get their name out there they say they can beat mayweather; khans done the same thing the last 6 months. Just big talk from sweet pea, nothing more. Knew D4 would be all over it like fur on a monkey though, anything to bring mayweather up ay - are you sure you hate him Wink
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 10 Mar 2011, 5:54 pm

Judah's flaws are his lack of mental strength, and his ability to follow a tactical game plan. With Pernell in his corner he will and has address these problems.

Whatever you think of Pernell's comments, I think most of us can agree Judah is arguably in the form of his career and it probably down to Whitaker becoming his trainer.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 10 Mar 2011, 5:56 pm

And Zab at least one 4 round against Floyd and those were in the first half of the fight.

And this Zab was unstable just coming of a lost to a journeyman.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 10 Mar 2011, 5:56 pm

"Form of his career"

Did you not see his last fight against Mathysse? Of course you didn't, because you're a pathetic wum with no friends.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 10 Mar 2011, 6:02 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/pernell-whitaker-on-pacquiao-mayweather-judah-more--36820

A good interview with Whitaker.

Manny Pacquiao, to me, is the best fighter, pound-for-pound, today. Until somebody proves him wrong. I think that I got a good fighter who could prove Manny Pacquiao wrong, but you can't take away credit from Manny Pacquiao.

So how would a fight go between say, Floyd Mayweather and JUlio Cesar Chavez?

Pernell Whitaker: Chavez would have gone to the body on Floyd and maybe would have stopped him.

Sweet Pea certainly knows his stuff.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 10 Mar 2011, 7:07 pm

Form of his career? Christ almighty. D4 is it true that when you go to the toilet you check your bottom for teeth to make sure you're pooping out of the right end?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 10 Mar 2011, 7:14 pm

Zab won rounds 1,2 & 4 against floyd, that was it.

Zap is now a title holder at 140 - for what that's worth - so he should be involved in some decent matches. I'd like to see him in with kotelnik, maidana or Alexander, and if he can get a win maybe push for the winner of khan bradley. But I don't see it happening, he's past his best and winning a trinket off of mabuza doesn't change that, and neither does any of pernells smack talking jibber jabber. It's just hype talk put out there for floyd haters like D4 to feast on.

Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Mar 2011, 7:16 pm

come on lads, we have taken a back seat of late, but please dont start throwing insults arround.
Im sure if you have a point to make in the debate it can be done without attacking another poster personally.

Cheers
Y I Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 10 Mar 2011, 7:21 pm

I think the point several people are making is that nigh on everything D4 posts is done so for the purpose that he can in some-no matter how tenuous or remote-manner make a sly, side remark denigrating Floyd Mayweather Jr and his achievements within the sport.

He uses simple wind-up strategies and pollutes threads with it, much as he did so on 606 mk1.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 10 Mar 2011, 7:42 pm

That is exactly what it is.

It does not take 10 people to poison a website, it just takes one deluded individual to spoil it for others.

It really is pathetic.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 10 Mar 2011, 7:44 pm

I mean how are you meant to have reasonable debate with someone who thinks concrete wraps are safer for the sport and that Manny is more accurate than Floyd despite all punch stats proving otherwise.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 10 Mar 2011, 7:47 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:I mean how are you meant to have reasonable debate with someone who thinks concrete wraps are safer for the sport and that Manny is more accurate than Floyd despite all punch stats proving otherwise.

Exactly.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Fri 11 Mar 2011, 5:54 am

D4; your comments here are ridiculous.

You have purposefully ytaken Whitaker's comments out of context. You remind me of the worst kind of politician.

Whitaker also states that Chavez would have beaten Pacquiao in the interview; where is that quote?

He also states Floyd is probably as good as Pacquiao; but Pacquiao desreves to be rated as pound for pound number 1 due to his greater activity; again, where is that quote?

The truth is; you are as one dimensional as a straight line and as boring as creosote. Why they don't merge all of your articles into one, so that people don't have to read them I really don't know.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 11 Mar 2011, 9:36 am

https://www.606v2.com/t1938-friend-or-foe-notice

D4

It's been noted by the admins that everyone here thinks you're a bit of a waste of space.

I take too much pleasure in making you look a clown so won't be putting you on a ignore list, can't let you get away with the utter nonsense you spout.

Regarding said spouting hopefully you'll keep doing it, mainly because the mods won't stand for it and you'll just get kicked off. Much like 606V1 this place runs much more smoothly with much better debates than when you're here. Take the hint.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 11 Mar 2011, 4:25 pm

Coxy don't try and make out I was forced out of 606 I left of my own accord, because I felt like a change.

As noted in 606 you have a habit of following me around, you claim you don't like my thread but you seem as if you can't get enough.

If you really don't like them use the "foe" function on this board and you will never see them again.

Your schoolboy insults were barely tolerated on 606 and you had quite a few time out if I remember so behave yourself, everybody like a bit of banter but your continually cross the line.

So if you really don't like my threads and you cannot control yourself, do the board, me and yourself a favour and use the foe function.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 11 Mar 2011, 4:29 pm

Keep it civil and on topic gents. No-one should be telling other members what to post. This isn't the bbc and as you may know, I didn't post on the bbc so much of these issues are new to me.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 11 Mar 2011, 4:45 pm

Nah D4 you were pushed out by almost all of us, got embarrassing watching Jeff own you over and over again by the end

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down