The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

+9
Sgt_Pooly
stnick88
LukeLovesLuka
prop_lyd
Ozzy3213
pullthestrings
Steven_Sharks
dammit_chris
Driver
13 posters

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 13 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by Driver Wed 30 Nov - 23:09

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 13 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Welcome to the Aviva Premiership

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 13 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
LDCPete
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LDCPete Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 13 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 21 Dec - 12:09

Monye in the Saxons is a pointless selection for me. The Saxons should be for looking at people we think could make the grade at international level. We know that on form Monye is a test class winger. If Banahan is selected as a winger ahead of him now that he is back fit and playing well, then the world has gone mad!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 13 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec - 12:09

Think 4 or 5 of those may be in the EPs Chris.we have great depth in some
Positions but in others we are absolutely bare

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 21 Dec - 12:12

I think of Trinder as more in the Roberts mould as in a big strike runner. He does have some gas though.

Saxons for me would be

1.Wood (Marler in main squad)
2.Dwadaki
3.Thomas
4.Launchbury
5.Parling (C)
6.Croft (Has little form besides last clermount game)
7.Kvesic
8.Grey

9.Simpson
10.Ford
11.Wade
12.Farell
13.Trinder
14.Short
15.May
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 21 Dec - 12:18

driver your spelling of Dawidiuk is always brilliant!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 21 Dec - 12:19

Haha , Spelling has never been my strong point!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 21 Dec - 12:23

I wouldn't have Barritt or Monye in there Chris but good side.

I think Dowson performs better on the bigger stages, sign of class perhaps? Big fan of Dowson myself and could be good addition, he's certainly not dross! lol

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec - 12:27

Dwadaki is he Japanese driver???

Dowson firmly in dross category for me pooly. Certainly would not want him at glos In real life which says something

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 21 Dec - 12:30

http://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/rugby/squad.php?player=69334&includeref=dynamic

He's from Truro Matt.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 21 Dec - 12:33

I'd only have them in there (Barritt and Monye) because you need that extra bit of experience in what was otherwise a very young side.

I think we've got so many great youngsters but we can't throw them all in at once as we've got a very inexperienced squad and you dont want a repeat of Matthew Tait's introduction to international rugby, which damaged him for years and years.

All the youngsters mentioned will be in the full England squad by next season and would take them away this summer with the full england squad for experience.

At the moment I would probably have England team for start of 6Nations as - bench players also included.

1. Corbs
2. Hartley/Grey
3. Cole/Stevens
4. Lawes/Robson
5. Attwood
6. Croft/Robshaw
7. Wood
8. Easter
9. Care/Youngs
10. Flood
11. Sharples
12. Farrell/Flutey
13. Tuilagi
14. Ashton
15. Foden/Brown

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 21 Dec - 12:37

I wouldn't have Flutey anywhere near England

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec - 12:39

Driver - RIP 606 wrote:http://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/rugby/squad.php?player=69334&includeref=dynamic

He's from Truro Matt.

It was a joke driver based on your spelling

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 21 Dec - 12:40

Croft, Wood, Easter just isnt good enough for me.
Would at least put Robshaw in for Croft.

Don't think Attwood has played well enough to start.
Robson has. and Garvey has. Just about finding balance.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 21 Dec - 14:37

I have Croft there for his lineout as dont think Attwood, Lawes etc can lead it. Though with Croft and Wood in the team you have two brilliant options.

Attwood's been playing pretty well in the few games I've seen him this year - been carrying the ball well in a poor Bath team. He's also already involved in the England setup which I think puts him ahead of Robson and Garvey.

Flutey's a classy player - not top draw, but Im not a big fan of Barrit or the other options we have for the 12 shirt and Flutey and Tuilagi worked very well against Wales.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 21 Dec - 14:40

To be honest i think England look better when Flutey plays , he's a cheap mans Berrick Barnes. Wood for me is nailed on at 6 with Robshaw at 7 and Narraway inbetween and if we were to pick from France Steffon Armitage on the bench.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 21 Dec - 14:46

Apparently Steffon is getting good reviews out in Toulon.
They absolutely love him out there.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 21 Dec - 14:47

He's been immense what i'v seen of him. He's had a few games at 8 aswell!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec - 18:17

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/mobile/rugby_union/16291369.stm

From
What I understand ford
Is unlucky. Phil vickery said years ago that wells
Was worst coach he had interacted with in
Professional rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 21 Dec - 18:21

Flutey has looked pretty non exsistant when I've seen him for Wasps. Form should play a part in squad selection and there's plenty of better options out there.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec - 18:26

True Pooly an in form flutey yes an out of form
No.

Quins showing benefits of form. Confidence is
Massive in
Sport. Look at Carroll for liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec - 18:28

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/mobile/rugby_union/16289724.stm

Help sort their
Prop problems but for
Me unrealistic

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 21 Dec - 18:48

That's a bad idea for me. creates bad blood between clubs. Won't help connacht who can't be picky with importing players.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 21 Dec - 20:52

Dont think Flutey has been on tv much recently, he's been injured quite a bit. Had a cracking game versus Saints at Adams Park. Think he's a very good player that would work well with Flood and Tuilagi.

The England 12 needs to have a good rugby brain and kicking game to help Flood out - for me that leaves Farrell and Flutey as only two options.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec - 21:07

Chris on form flutey is top i
Think calling him a poor
Mans Barnes is harsh.I followed the lions in SA he was
Immense and unlucky Roberts played
So well. Such rugby intelligence and surprisingly quick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 21 Dec - 21:13

But in very poor form since then. Barritts kicking is as good as Flutey's as is 36's (possibly better) and Farrell doesn't play 12.

Barritt & JTH are the leading candidates to play 12 in the 6N

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 21 Dec - 21:16

Barrits kicking is nowhere near Flutey's Pooly!

I really don't know what you've seen to make you think that. Unless I've missed something massively then I don't understand that at all.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 21 Dec - 21:22

He's got a precise boot, not massive though. Always kicks well every time I've seen Sarries, no worse than Flutey who is again a steady kicker from hand.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 21 Dec - 21:56

disagree there pooly.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec - 22:03

Barrit kicking ???????? He has zero kicking game.
He is joe worsley in the centre. Great defence nowt else

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 21 Dec - 22:12

Balls lol.

Barritt has a cracking all round game, form 12 in the prem. If he has "zero" kicking game watch O's match at weekend. You might also see hands and carrying.

Just because a player doesn't kick away every ball he receives doesn't mean he doesn't have a kicking game. Even Nonu has a kicking game!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec - 22:37

Nonu kicks like he has a wet fish on his boot. Took tindall 10 years to get a kicking game.

Barrit was reason glos didn't beat sarries
In play off he was sensational. Like jaques burger he dominates defence and makes players around him better. No international though as he is creatively moribund.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 21 Dec - 22:49

Haha....should watch more of him this season Matt. Been very good, Hodgson has brought best out of him. Back to his S14 best!

Nonu kicks ok man, not that he really needs to

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec - 22:57

Never a nonu fan but he has developed and now is a more complete player. For me barrit Is a yard short on pace and poor passer. He does
However make hodgson look good as he does his defensive work. Last year Gloucester ran out Of ideas because barrit owned them defensively EFS and crew were completely subdued and dominated.

Barrit wc defender and reads game so well defensively. Also he is a leader on defensive play watch him
Organise for sarries

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 21 Dec - 23:04

Flutey's a top player on his day, by far most intelligent 12 in AP. In all games I've seen flutey play he's been good, not spectacular but in last game he ruled the midfield against a pretty tasty Bayonne backline.

His kicking game is far, far superior to Barritts - i played at quite a high level when I was 18/19 (b loody leg break!) and was a 12 so always keep a close watch on the midfield - I think Barritts the best defensive 12 in the AP and suits Sarries game plan to perfection but see him as having a limited game because of his style. Flutey for me is a better player, got more rugby nous.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 21 Dec - 23:06

I think he'd a cracking stop gap whilst some of the youngsters come through, could really help Manu with his defense.

Looking forward to the EPS, could be some surprises in there.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 21 Dec - 23:07

Don't think Flutey has turned up since 2009 Chris tbh

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec - 23:07

Agree Chris flutey has class barrit does not attacking wise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec - 23:36

http://planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3823_7389681,00.html

Nonsense system

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 22 Dec - 7:52

Balls just wrote a piece that Stuart Barnes would have been proud of about the centres and pressed F5...stupid reset button.

Basic gist - Flutey has been injured largely since 2010 season, think he played 6 games in total for Brive and has played well in each game for Wasps (behind a cra p pack - something that neither JTH or Barrit have to play with). He showed enough in the England v Wales game to show he is the best option we have, as intelligent, positionally great and great option in attack.

Tuilagi is nailed on as a 13, which to me rules out a partnership of either Barritt or JTH as both have similar game styles, which wouldnt work in between Flood and Tuilagi - maybe if you didnt have Tuilagi then JTH or Barritt would work, but neither are anywhere close to having Tuilagi's strike running game.

I'd like to see whether Jonny May could potentially play at 12 - he's got some very good attributes there, pace, power and seems like a very clever runner and good passer. For me now the only options we have are Farrell and Flutey if we are to select Flood and Tuilagi.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 22 Dec - 8:41

Farrell doesn't play there for his club and Flutey is in dire form. Barritt or JTH would be great, Flood doesn't need a playmaker outside him, Allen is not a playmaker.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 22 Dec - 9:02

Farrell is an out and out 12, he's played there all of his life - he isnt a 13 and I've watched Sarries play a lot and if you watch any of their games again then just watch how many times Farrell takes the ball at 12. When he takes the ball at 13 its so his passing game brings in the Sarries back three.

He's a far, far better prospect than either JTH or Barritt as he offers far more. You say that Flood doesnt need a play maker outside him, but Allen is a better passer than either barritt or JTH.

My preference of 12's for England would be:

Farrell, Flutey, JTH, Barritt - Flood needs someone who can take the pressure off him and make decisions, as he can go completely missing in games and that is a problem as a no10 and stops him becoming top drawer - compare how Evans controls every game to Flood - if he was English he'd be so far ahead of anyone it would be untrue. Damn those 5 All Blacks caps he got! Would have solved all of our problems...

Backline needs to be built around Youngs, Tuilagi, Foden and Ashton - if we can find a 10-12 combo that works and is able to set those three runners off then we've got a very potent backline. Sharples is probably our other winger, but I am beginning to think it might be worth a risk of seeing what Jonny May can do on a wing for the Italy or Scotland game - the Aussies brought O'Connor through when he was 17 and not the finished article and that hasnt harmed him at all - maybe its time to adopt a similar approach!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 22 Dec - 9:15

That's where you've got your views of players tainted. Allen passes the ball about 25% of what Barritt does. Allen is very much not a playmaker, he looks to take the ball on rather than pass or kick and he works very well outside Flood.

Farrell doesn't play 12, Barritt is preferred at club level to him so why would England select him there?

Flood doesn't need a creative 12. He plays well with Allen outside him and he played well with Hape outside him. If anything he needs a go to ball at 12 as an option, we seen this against Clermont when Manu played 12 and kept disappearing in the 13 channel. As soon as Manu fixed his lines it started clicking.

The myth that Flood needs a creative 12 is exactly that....a myth.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu 22 Dec - 10:32

Cardiff drop Roberts for Henson

15 Gavin Henson 14 Leigh Halfpenny 13 Casey Laulala 12 Dafydd Hewitt 11 Alex Cuthbert 10 Ceri Sweeney 9 Lloyd Williams

8 Xavier Rush 7 Sam Warburton 6 Michael Paterson 5 Paul Tito (c) 4 Bradley Davies 3 Taufa'ao Filise 2 T Rhys Thomas 1 Gethin Jenkins

16 Ryan Tyrell 17 John Yapp 18 Scott Andrews 19 Josh Navidi 20 Maama Molitika 21 Richie Rees 22 Dan Parks 23 Jamie Roberts
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 22 Dec - 10:44

Couldnt disagree with you more on that Pooly - Allen's a very intelligent player and you can't rely on stats in rugby like that to make a point, as passing the ball 25% doesnt take into account all the other factors in a game. If you read what I say properly you will see that I dont mention that Allen is a playmaker - just said he's a better passer than either Barritt or JTH, which he certainly is. He isnt as good as either at running the ball up and gets turned over far more.

Farrells an all round better player than Barritt = that's why he should play ahead of him and Sarries dont play a traditional 12-13 combination because both interchange throughout the game .

Go onto the Sky Sports website and read what Charlie Hodgson says about Farrell...

Again if you read what I say about Flood I never say he needs a creative 12, he needs an intelligent 12 with a kicking game as opposed to two big centres who just go forward. Flood is a good player but needs another player to take the pressure off him, as he can crumble and disappear - when he's good he is very good, but he isnt consistent and I think Flutey or Flood would be far more likely to bring the best out of him than say Barritt or JTH, who should in my opinion only play if the midfield has a creative 13, like Jonny May.

Midfield for England needs to be about balance and at present Flood is the only kicker that we have and if he was as good as Dan Carter we could get away with it - really think Farrell is our best bet...

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 22 Dec - 10:55

I think you underestimate Barritt & JTH as rugby players Chris. You don't play FH in the T14 without having some kind of kicking game and rugby brain about you. You stated that Allen was a better distributer than Barritt and I disagreed, the stats back me up.

Farrell is not an international IC at this moment in time, he is behind Barritt for the Sarries shirt so I do not see why he would play there for England.

Speaking with a Sarries fan on the main boards he see's Barritts distribustion and passing as a strength over Farrell's at this moment in time and the reson Farrell was put to 13 to allow his game to grow. He also thinks that Barritt is the best 12 in the prem(Sarries bias perhaps) and that Farrell should be either backup 10 or be allowed to develop at Sarries or in the Saxons at 10. What would he know eh.....

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 22 Dec - 10:56

And again....Flutey is in dire form so SHOULD not even be considered imo.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 22 Dec - 10:58

Dire?

He isn't playing badly, just not playing his best. Cooper in the world cup was an example of someone in dire form, Flutey isn't at that level atm.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 22 Dec - 10:59

I didn't think Cooper was that bad Steve, Flutey has been stinking this season.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu 22 Dec - 11:07

flutey hasnt been that bad mate!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 22 Dec - 11:20

Flutey's been good in the games he's played Pooly, not sure how you can say he's been dire - he's been injured a lot, but can't see how he's been 'stinking this season'. Particularly as Wasps have been largely playing a 2nd/3rd choice pack due to injuries.

Seriously I'd watch more of Farrell play as then you'd see that he takes a lot of ball directly from Hodgson as second receiver - guess you dont get to see that on tv, but if you get to watch a live game with him you'd be surprised at how much he does and how he directs play. He isnt playing as a traditional 13.

Would really suggest that you read the article on Sky Sports website with Charlie Hodgson and how highly he speaks of Farrell, would suggest he's a far better source than a Sarries fan on the main board and speaks very highly of Farrell.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 22 Dec - 11:24

I've seen loads of Sarries this season Chris, stop patronising me please.

Barritt himself says he lines up at 12 in attack and Farrell at 13, I think a Sarries fan can give a pretty level view on players he watches week in week out.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next