The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comparing the TNA tag champs

+2
Danny Balboa 316
MtotheC
6 posters

Go down

Comparing the TNA tag champs Empty Comparing the TNA tag champs

Post by MtotheC Thu 01 Dec 2011, 9:46 am

The curret TNA world tag team champions Matt Morgan and Crimson IMO are two of the brightest future stars on the tna roster, both are full of potential and extremely talented, TNA seams to have big plans for crimson who remains unbeaten since his debut over seven months ago and has shown some great intensity and performances in the ring, Matt Morgan is now a multi time tag champion, has a good moveset and is decent on the mic, so my question to you is:

Who has the most potential?
Who will be the first to a singles world title?
Who has more in ring ability?
Who will have the better career?
And if you have time how would you book either of them into the world title scene?

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Comparing the TNA tag champs Empty Re: Comparing the TNA tag champs

Post by Danny Balboa 316 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 9:53 am

I believe Crimson has the brighter future within TNA of the two.

IMO if TNA wanted to put the title on Matt Morgan anytime soon they would have done so already(He should have defeated Jeff Hardy last year.)

Danny Balboa 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:36 am

I think Matt Morgan has more chance in the WWE as daft as that might sound, he's been in TNA now for so long without really moving up to that big time level that I feel he's lost that aura

Someone with his size, agility, aggression and sheer power should be making an instant impact and put in a place where it's shocking to imagine him losing

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 01 Dec 2011, 11:00 am

'The Blueprint' Matt Morgan is a quality name. He has a better look than Crimson and can talk. I'm suprised he hasnt had a run with the title seeing as pretty much everyone in TNA is a former World Champion.

Im just not buying it with Crimson. His forced facial expressions, his ginger hair, his face, i just dont find him believable as this unbeaten machine. If he had Morgan's intensity and aura he could pull it off but for me Crimson lacks something.

Id take Morgan over Crimson anyday of the week.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 01 Dec 2011, 11:06 am

I thought after Morgans 'wrestlings best vs wrestlings future' match at BFG with kurt Angle that he was on the cusp of being pushed into the world title picture but that culminated in sod all!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 11:13 am

I think Matt Morgan's past the stage where you can talk about him having potential in the same way you'd talk about Crimson having potential.

Morgan's 35 now, he's been around in WWE and TNA since 2003 so I don't think you could label him a 'future star' simply because he's not a rookie any more. I think TNA have missed a trick with him, they didn't capitalise on him when they should have and the best thing for his career would be to jump to WWE. A guy with his size, look, in-ring ability and mic skills is tailor made for a top spot (Smackdown could really do with him right now).

Crimson has potential in my opinion but I don't think they should have saddled him with the undefeated, unstoppable monster gimmick. It just feels out of place on him. Yeah he's tall but he's not built like a Goldberg or Brock Lesnar. He doesn't have their intensity either. The good thing in Crimson's case is he's like 26 so has plenty of time to unlock his potential.

I'd pick Morgan over Crimson at the moment, by a long margin, but that doesn't mean to say that Crimson can't develop into a top guy.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 01 Dec 2011, 11:23 am

I don't think age determines potential, of course you can be 35 and not unlocked or tapped into your full abilities, I also would class Morgan as a future star as he is not quite at the level of being a 'star' yet, in the same way I would have classed bobby Roode as a future star with potential until he won the big one.

Morgan although not young and up and coming does have the potential to be a future star.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 01 Dec 2011, 11:53 am

I'd take Crimson over Morgan (in TNA) due to the fact he's in the process of a good push and he has that air of mystique about him that I feel is vital for his type of character, I fear that Morgan's been typecast now (in TNA)

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:56 pm

I like both guys, but to answer the questions:

Who has the most potential?
I think Crimson has the most potential, simply due to being a fair bit younger and having more time to make a name for himself (which he seems on the verge of doing).

Who will be the first to a singles world title?
I'd like to see Morgan get his shot first, simply due to the fact time is running out for him. If he gets it soon, he can still enjoy a few years as top dog...or at least as one of TNA's genuine stars.

Who has more in ring ability?
Both guys are good, but for me Morgan just shades Crimson in terms of ability, due to the fact (as others have mentioned) he has greater intensity, a better range of moves and also sells hits better than Crimson IMO.

Who will have the better career?
Crimson seems to be TNA's golden (or should that be ginger) boy and looks like he's being pushed to be their next megastar. Again, he has time on his side and longer to spend as either a champion or major player in the organisation.

And if you have time how would you book either of them into the world title scene?
Wish I knew enough about how this works to give a sensible answer. One plausible route would be to have them split like Beer Money did. They already have a "semi-friendly" rivalry going and it wouldn't take much for things to turn nasty. I'd also have it so they end up having a match to become No.1 contender. One of them (preferably Morgan) wins and goes on to become the champion. Crimson has a stint as a frustrated would-be challenger, wins his own contender match, then the pair have the mother of all title matches (complete with tables, chairs and cameo appearances by various other major players on the roster, who are allied to either Crimson or Morgan through previous events).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down