The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Q&A With Jerome Dubois

+11
Steel
Marsh
Bull
ADMIN
Blade
Gregers
ncfc_Tooze
Beer
Lee
President Trump
jeromedubois
15 posters

The v2 Forum :: 6CWF :: Archive :: 6WF

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Q&A With Jerome Dubois Empty Q&A With Jerome Dubois

Post by jeromedubois Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:46 pm

Thought I would give this a go, I love the Hero thread of this topic, really interesting stuff in regards to his experience in e-fedding, so thought I would give this a go! As I have been away and back too many times, I thought it would give me a chance to get to know the new people here, and for them to get to know me.

Feel free to ask ze phenomene, Phenomenal, Pheno....well you know where I am going with this! The Longest Reigning Internet Champion in 6WF History is here to answer all questions! Dubs has been away and back more times than ever in the 6WF, and when he wasn't here, he has been off running 6CW, and TWA (well....not anymore, as it will be shut down! haha). But SHoot away!

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Q&A With Jerome Dubois Empty Re: Q&A With Jerome Dubois

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:48 pm

Favourite feud?

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:51 pm

Favourite Feud without a shadow of a doubt was probably the very First Dubois vs Saint feud. The sheer excitement I got when Dubois was revealed as the masked man who took Saint out was fantastic. Also it was my first real major feud and for me it will always be my number one, due to the way it was built up. Also you made it very special for me Saint as well due to the fantastic back and forth we had back then.

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:51 pm

Biggest regret

Favourite Character in the 3 efeds you were involved in

Worst/Best moments

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:52 pm

who the hell are you? Laugh

Lee

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:55 pm

Who would you like to feud with from the current roster?

Do you think Bull will ever finish his Q&A?

What's your favourite colour of French Fancy?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:02 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:Biggest regret

My biggest regret was probably when I left the 6WF the very first time after the Tyson Armstrong Feud, when I took over 6CW. I don't regret taking over 6CW one bit, it was just that having gone on a 3 months and a bit losing streak and I felt it was time to move on but having had time to think about had I stayed on longer i think i would have been involved in the main event eventually.

Dicey Reilly wrote:Favourite Character in the 3 efeds you were involved in

Tough question overall I would probably say Perfect Jack due to the amount of fun I had writing matches and setting up feuds with his character. Not only that but also for the way he motivated me with his promos to do even better.

If not across the 3 feds. 6WF=The Saint, 6CW= Perfect Jack/Daniel Reilly/Dicey. TWA=Zach Corchia

Dicey Reilly wrote: Worst/Best moments

My best moment as a promo-er for was doing the Bistro Dubois segments 2 years ago, that and winning the iNternet title for the first time, and doing what i did with it.

Worst moment I hated the Tyson Armstrong Feud I had.

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:07 pm

Lee wrote:who the hell are you? Laugh

LE PHENOMENE FRANCAIS! ZE FRENCH CRUSADER! ZE PRIDE OF FRANCE! ZE CULTURED ONE! ZE LONE WARRIOR! ZE LONGEST REIGNING 6WF INTERNET CHAMPION! ZE KING OF CULTURE! ZE 1 TIME 6CW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! ZE 1 TIME 6CW TAG TEAM CHAMPION! 1 TIME 6WF FREEWEIGHT CHAMPION! I AM COURSE JEROME AKA"DUBIOUS" DUBOIS!

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:11 pm

what piece of advice would you give to the up and coming stars in 6wf at present?

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:22 pm

King Beer wrote:Who would you like to feud with from the current roster?

Tough question as I have two answers here haha. In terms of being to make something special I think Logan K. I think there is something there and if we are given a good storyline could be epic. In terms of my ultimate goal I always wanted JJ, as Dubois has always had an inferiority complex towards him.

King Beer wrote:Do you think Bull will ever finish his Q&A?

haha well knowing Bull he is probably creating a new character while we speak, so no!

King Beer wrote:What's your favourite colour of French Fancy?

I will quote Chavo Guerrero best gimmick Kerwin White. "If it ain't white, it ain't right!"

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:24 pm

ncfc_Tooze wrote:what piece of advice would you give to the up and coming stars in 6wf at present?

For me the most important thing in a character is developing a backstory to your character. Gimmick are easy to come by, but it is the story that you create and the history that you give to your character that will help you go the furthest I believe. When I have helped out people like Rasta, Blade, Bull, etc... I keep telling them that the most important thing you need to do is tell me who is your character? Whats his background? what's his story?

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:29 pm

How does it feel being lauded into many peoples fav five promoers?

Do you prefer being a heel or a face and why?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:40 pm

Gregers wrote:How does it feel being lauded into many peoples fav five promoers?

Honestly I am surprised haha, you joined at a time when i wasn't motivated and therefore hated my promo's but the fact I was able to leave an impression at my lowest means that Dubois is a character people will remember.

Gregers wrote:Do you prefer being a heel or a face and why?

Heel big time! Being French, I love playing the villain and using the french pompous, arrogance, etc... Dubois as a face struggled I believe, especially as I feel it goes against his nature of wanting to change the world and bring that je ne sais quoi to the 6WF

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:44 pm

what would your fav match of all time be?
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:58 pm

yarmouth blade wrote:what would your fav match of all time be?

Well here I will be quite biased as I wrote the match hahaha, But in terms of excitement, and outcome, Beachfront Brawl Perfect Jack vs Daniel Reilly as it was the end of what had been an incredible 4 months feud.

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:10 pm

The Saint as a heel or The Saint as a face?

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:18 pm

Sainty wrote:The Saint as a heel or The Saint as a face?

I personally would say Face every time as I find your promo generate excitement, and also i find that reading you promo's as a face character it seems to me that you give more as a face wrestler.

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:19 pm

how far do you think i can take Yarmouth blade?
Blade
Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:23 pm

Dicey Heel or Face or Drunk or all three or drunk face down in a ditch wearing no pants?

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:33 pm

yarmouth blade wrote:how far do you think i can take Yarmouth blade?

I think he could go very far the most important thing to remember is don't allow your character go stale, remember what I told you in TWA and 6CW, once you understand you character where he comes from, and his background, then you have the flexibility of being able to modify him here and there and keep him entertaining.

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:34 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:Dicey Heel or Face or Drunk or all three or drunk face down in a ditch wearing no pants?

For me due to the greatest segment I have ever read in e-fedding came from you on the Countdown show, with Lex and his lycra pants I would have to say face, as when it comes to comedy you are untouchable.

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:44 pm

If you could change one thing about each character in 6WF what would it be and why?

Which character do you wish you had come up with?

Mat or JJ?

Worst character you've come across during your time in 6WF/6CW/TWA?

Favourite match of all time?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:14 pm

Gregers wrote:If you could change one thing about each character in 6WF what would it be and why?

I think the main issue is that too many people focus on the gimmick too much and trying to make there character look strong. A gimmick changes throughout the time with your character. There will be the fundamental trait that would have been there from the start but your gimmick will evolve with time. If there was one thing I could change about each character here it would be to divert their attention away from their gimmick and focus on other things.

Gregers wrote:Which character do you wish you had come up with?

Zach Corchia

Gregers wrote:Mat or JJ?

Hard to say but at this point in time i want to be in the 6WF over 6CW so I guess that means Mat.

Gregers wrote:Worst character you've come across during your time in 6WF/6CW/TWA?

wow there have been many...Destructo Neko, MCZOMB, to TWA TK1N41 character, LPL for his ridiculous name haha, But worse of the worse would probably be Mark Matzko as it was impossible as a fedhead to figure out what he would do or write about when you gave him a storyline..

Gregers wrote:Favourite match of all time?

Perfect Jack vs Daniel Reilly Beachfront Brawl

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:23 pm

wow there have been many...Destructo Neko, MCZOMB,

Sad

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:10 pm

where do you think scorpion can improve

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Thu 01 Dec 2011, 7:40 pm

How on Earth do you write so well in the accent, and is it frustrating to write up a promo using the accent?

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Thu 01 Dec 2011, 7:53 pm

Out of curiousity which Steel do you prefer the heel one or the ultimate face.

What would be your most favourite match stipulation to write.

Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Thu 01 Dec 2011, 8:06 pm

Steel wrote:Out of curiousity which Steel do you prefer the heel one or the ultimate face.

I like both of them for different reasons. But i think i prefer Steel as a heel for the simple reason that you were the ultimate babyface at the time yet you adapted to a heel far better than I had expected and I thought your promos over in TWA were some of the best I saw from you over the last 1 year and I half I have experienced your chatacter.

Steel wrote: What would be your most favourite match stipulation to write.

I suprinsingly people have preferred my battle royal matches quite a bit and my ability to wrote them, but out of enjoyment which stipulation i prefer the most, eerrmmm I think I would have to go with either the Steel Cage match, or the Ultimate Submission Match. But in all honesty I find it isn't the stipulation that I enjoy writing the most, if I have two characters in which the individuals are writing very good promos then that pushes me to write the best match I can. If there repetitive then I lose interest and therefore the match isn't as good.

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Thu 01 Dec 2011, 8:09 pm

Marshall wrote:How on Earth do you write so well in the accent, and is it frustrating to write up a promo using the accent?

Well the accents I just picture my father speaking in my head when he speaks English and I write like that. Not only that but naturally I am able to switch on the French accent with ease when I speak in english (Though I speak english like any other english lad) As far as the accents go, bloody hard to write at the beginning when I started off in e-fedding. i ended up having to write my promo out first normally then modify it with the accents and slip them in. the only part i struggle now is when i type a promo on my i pad due to the predictive text stuff

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Thu 01 Dec 2011, 11:41 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:where do you think scorpion can improve

I think the problem at the moment is that your mind is too spread out and you need to generate focus. Focus on one character build him up and when you have then consider a second one. Even if you have the spare time invest that time in your one character, because if you enjoy promoing like I do, Jerome Dubois takes up all my time as i wish for him to come across as one of the best promo-ers in the 6WF

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Fri 02 Dec 2011, 7:10 am

do you intend to create a "French Championchip Title" for yourself?

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 02 Dec 2011, 7:12 am

Uryu Ishida wrote:do you intend to create a "French Championchip Title" for yourself?

Only if he's intending to be sued for gimmick infringement...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Fri 02 Dec 2011, 7:15 am

Marky wrote:
Uryu Ishida wrote:do you intend to create a "French Championchip Title" for yourself?

Methinks he will anyway :P

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Fri 02 Dec 2011, 1:29 pm

Well when i First debuted in the 6WF I had Dubois walking around with his French Title backstage as he was the current champion in France and the longest reigning French Champion but I eventually made it look like he eventually lost the title to another guy. But now what I am focused on is that if Mat and JJ permit, if I ever win the 6WF world Championship, I would like Dubois to rub salt in the wound of the whole 6WF by changing the name of the title to the Cultured Championship (Until he eventually lost it)

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Tue 06 Dec 2011, 11:00 pm

Marky wrote:

We both know Dubs pulled it off better Laugh

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Tue 31 Jul 2012, 10:01 pm

Before I go if there are any final question feel free to shoot away in regards to anything to do with 6WF, 6CW, TWA/6WA, or anything to do with E-fedding. Having been involved in all area's if there is anyway I can either give advice or answers questions then more than happy to do so.

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 31 Jul 2012, 10:15 pm

Evening JD

What was with this bit yesterday seemed rather odd Erm

Hold on second Jeff……..yes…..okay……My word Jeff I have just been told at this instance by Mr.Crowley himself that 6CW is in talks with company….

JT: Is there light at the end of the tunnel? Only the future will tell….From everyone here tonight this is Jeff Thaddeus and Henry Lloyd saying…..GOODNIGHT!!!

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Tue 31 Jul 2012, 10:19 pm

Hahaha well, how to explain, while I have closed the federation and the forum will be left open, I have left the door open for someone else to take it. The fed that I know is dead but we could see the name re-emerge in the future time will tell Smile

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Wed 01 Aug 2012, 2:42 am

Who would Dubois like to face the most Blade or Dragon and in what match?
Blade
Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Wed 01 Aug 2012, 2:53 pm

Well I have face Blade plenty of times and have been fun each and every time so I would have to go with Dragon, in a History of France Match :p.

To be completely honest though there are very few things in which I would come back for, there are two feuds I want to do, and achieve the goal i have never achieved. So while I may be retired for now I think that until i have checked those 3 boxes I won't be happy.

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 01 Aug 2012, 2:55 pm

I seem to remember you were friends with GDC outside of 6WF, do you know what has happened to him?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Wed 01 Aug 2012, 3:05 pm

GDC as far as I know is pursuing his career in politics up and Scotlands and is part of the cabinet of a party up there. I don't know him personally but we chatted a fair bit, and I knew him for 1 year before joining the 6WF due to a 606 football manager game we happened to be involved in.

But last i heard from him which was around 5 months ago he is busy working in politics up north

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 01 Aug 2012, 3:08 pm

Cheers, he's one of those characters that has history with Crime Lord, and after TGA returned started feeling nostalgic about the other people who would be considered old rivals.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 7:58 pm

If you were offered the chance to feud with anyone one last time, who would it be?

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 01 Aug 2012, 8:04 pm

Do you think if you'd had a longer, sustained run in 6WF you'd have won the world championship?

If the 6WF position had become available before the 6CW one, would you have taken that instead?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 8:11 pm

Of all the feds you've worked with/ ran who are the 5 biggest characters you've seen?

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 01 Aug 2012, 8:33 pm

Do you regret the direction you took 6CW after JJ left? Granted you were let down by Engel, but could you have perhaps paid more homage to legacy he created? Rather than instantly trying to place your own stamp on it?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:17 pm

Sainty wrote:Of all the feds you've worked with/ ran who are the 5 biggest characters you've seen?

There are many that stick in my mind but in no particular order when I think of all the people I have worked with I would go with.

Dicey Reilly (I think he is probably the most under rated person ever in e-fedding)
Cobra (his promo are sensational)
JJ Johnson (Probably the best fed head ever)
Saint (For my own personal reasons that he was the first big name I had the opportunity to face)
Perfect Jack (I knew he was good when i took over 6cW the first time around, but when he was given a shot with the title he was literally untouchable)

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:22 pm

King Beer wrote:Do you regret the direction you took 6CW after JJ left? Granted you were let down by Engel, but could you have perhaps paid more homage to legacy he created? Rather than instantly trying to place your own stamp on it?

Unfortunately there were a hell of a lot of things I could of done better this time around. Though if you had seen the stories I had set up before I came in and what I ended up doing they were very very different. I knew it was always going to be hard to follow in JJ steps, but I think the biggest problem I had were people telling me they were leaving, or disappearing before I had actually written my first show. I hate making excuses but I had plans set up for 4 months ahead, I ended up having to vastly modify them in order to suit the people who were actually promoing.

The main thing was when I first took over 6CW I knew who was here and people were willing to see what could happen, while the second time I was mostly left guessing. So rather than trying to continue and build on what JJ had done I ended up having to turn everything upside down within the space of 4 shows.

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:23 pm

My questions not good enough for you JD? raspberry

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content