The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora vs Fury Set For July

+3
Scottrf
The Galveston Giant
Sugar Boy Sweetie
7 posters

Go down

Chisora vs Fury Set For July Empty Chisora vs Fury Set For July

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 10 Mar 2011, 8:09 pm

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=27242&more=1

Been ordered by the British board that chisora defends against Fury, hus mandatory, with purse bids to be submitted by mid April.

Hard fight to call. I've never been impressed with Furys technique, no great jab and everything he does is sloppy not to mention his conditioning is poor. But he does have a significant height, reach and strength advantage as well as a decent chin. We saw in McDermott 1 that fury can be outboxed and Chisora is mobile, throws a good array of combinations, has decent upper body movement and is a good finisher when he has his man in trouble.

Fury gives it the smack talk about 'another brutal ko' but he's not a big puncher for a man of his size and he's quite slow. I think he'll struggle to pin chisora down and take 3 or 4 punches in his efforts to land one. I'm gonna go with a points win for chisora in this one.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Chisora vs Fury Set For July Empty Re: Chisora vs Fury Set For July

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 10 Mar 2011, 8:14 pm

Good matchup, maybe not one for the boxing purists but hopefully an exciting one, will go for a stoppage win for Chisora in the middle rounds.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 10 Mar 2011, 8:27 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Good matchup, maybe not one for the boxing purists but hopefully an exciting one, will go for a stoppage win for Chisora in the middle rounds.

I'd like to see that happen GG.

I'm a fan of del boys and I can't abide fury. He has to be one of the biggest hype jobs in British boxing, he wouldn't get half the recognition he does if he were called bob smith or something equally plain. When I watch him I see a guy with great size and range who completely fails to utilise the distance or an effective jab. I see a guy who spends too much time looking for the one big ko punch - despite his power being merely average. And I see a guy of 21 who's physique looks like he has 30 years of beer drinking behind him. No-ones saying he should look like David Haye, but for a young fighter with big aspirations Furys conditioning is embarrassing. He got a gift in McDermott 1 - not his fault and he was decisive in the rematch, but it showed his failings - failings that a quicker, more mobile, busier fighter like Chisora should be able to exploit. As long as del boy doesn't gas and/or walk onto a huge punch he should be able to outland Fury for the decision. I don't see him getting the ko, he's not a massive puncher himself and fury has a decent chin.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 10 Mar 2011, 9:01 pm

Furys conditioning is terrible Sugar Boy and something i feel will contribute to him never reaching world, he likes to do a bit of talking as does Chisora and i think this may get a bit nasty as the fight draws nearer, Chisora has just lost out on the biggest fight of his life for the second time and needs to use this going into the fight rather than let it hinder him. Furys certainly the one who has it all to prove and i agree with you that Chisora will be too quick and mobile for him, i expect him to wear him down in a real barn burner, here's hoping.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 10 Mar 2011, 9:06 pm

I like Chisora in this too. Good shot anticipation and fast hands. Also think he will be able to make Fury uncomfortable as he's more mobile and will get inside. However, a Steward boxer with a reach is dangerous, and he probably has an edge in power. He has had/will have good sparring too. Chisora PTS.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 10 Mar 2011, 9:12 pm

Scottrf wrote:I like Chisora in this too. Good shot anticipation and fast hands. Also think he will be able to make Fury uncomfortable as he's more mobile and will get inside. However, a Steward boxer with a reach is dangerous, and he probably has an edge in power. He has had/will have good sparring too. Chisora PTS.

It will definitely be interesting to see what Stewart can do with Fury Scott, he wouldn't waste his time if he didn't see something, but time will tell i suppose. If he is to improve this fights maybe a little too soon for him.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 10 Mar 2011, 9:37 pm

Chisora has far too much for Fury at this stage, although I admire his determination to face the best.

Tyson really needs to use his strengths. Establish a solid jab and use his reach to do his work. He needs to stop arm punching and if he can sort out his technique the power may well come.

Chisora on points for me, he doesnt have the power to stop Fury.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffSnapes Fri 11 Mar 2011, 11:36 am

Chisora will be favourite, but I have a sneaky feeling Fury will pull out a KO victory. That would really put pay to Chisora's World plans.

How hard can you punch?

GeoffSnapes

http://www.konkura.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 11 Mar 2011, 10:08 pm

so glad this fight is happening, i think it will go the distances with chisora taking it on points

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheikitout Sat 12 Mar 2011, 12:29 pm

fury is like valuev, doesnt use his advantages well, poor jab and little power for his size, decent chin though. chisora is much quicker and will definately outbox fury and probably stop him. dont rate fury much he is mainly hype and has done little to show us otherwise, he is improving but is nowhere near as good as he could be with the advantages e.g size that he has.

anyone noticed how poorly conditioned he is? i dont think he has the stamina to keep up with chisora

Cheikitout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down