The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Black Sonny Bill Williams to box for NZ title

+8
andy powells minder
Feckless Rogue
doctor_grey
aucklandlaurie
beshocked
sirtidychris
rodders
HERSH
12 posters

Go down

All Black Sonny Bill Williams to box for NZ title Empty All Black Sonny Bill Williams to box for NZ title

Post by HERSH Wed 07 Dec 2011, 2:58 pm

Here he goes again, I expect the guy his fighting is about 19 stone of blubber with a dodgy knee.

What’s the point?

Is it time for him to concentrate on being a rugby player seeing as his not really a finished article at that?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/16046939.stm
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

All Black Sonny Bill Williams to box for NZ title Empty Re: All Black Sonny Bill Williams to box for NZ title

Post by rodders Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:02 pm

He must be running out of middle aged bin men to fight. He'll be fighting Audley Harrison next..... Run
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

All Black Sonny Bill Williams to box for NZ title Empty Re: All Black Sonny Bill Williams to box for NZ title

Post by sirtidychris Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:09 pm

Good luck to him I hope he does well if its something he enjoys then i don't see the harm in it, he knows the risks. Stephen Donald fishes and drinks beer when not playing rugby, Aaron Cruden skateboards, Matt stevens does Judo, Johny wilkinson & Andrew Sheridan play guitar, Julian White farms, Stephen Hape D.J's and Sonny Bill Williams Boxes. To be honest boxing probably gives him condifience and a higher level of fitness while most punters are taking time off.

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:12 pm

One day he might come up against somebody good and then he'll be down for a nice nap.

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:59 pm

If SBW can fight for the NZ title after only a handful of fights against bums it doesn't say much about NZ boxing does it?

Though I suppose SBW could be stuck in the ring with David Tua for a bit of fun.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:32 pm

There are many New Zealanders who are somewhat unhappy that these two are fighting for the title vacated by Shane cameron.
In terms of rugby players boxing the one I would like to see is Liam Messam versus Sonny Bill Williams.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:49 pm

Point 1: Is this really newsworthy?
Point 2: Really?
Point 3: OK. He should fight Jamie Cudmore for the boxing championship of Rugby.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Wed 07 Dec 2011, 6:05 pm

I'd like to see Haskell take on Henson in chess.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Wed 07 Dec 2011, 7:29 pm

what, the musical? tee hee

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:12 pm

SBW vs Manu Tuilagi, George North as ref idea
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 08 Jan 2012, 3:55 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote: There are many New Zealanders who are somewhat unhappy that these two are fighting for the title vacated by Shane cameron.
In terms of rugby players boxing the one I would like to see is Liam Messam versus Sonny Bill Williams.

yeah laurie imagine what Cameron...let alone Tua... Would do to sbw?
Farce i reckon. So would league be in taking him back. Walks out the gets welcomed with open arms? At least NZ rugby and Henry didnt bow down to sbw selection wise. Could have been a mistake come WCup time.
They did tolerate the boxing but perhaps only because he was dispensible. Had he been no.1 in his pos. they might not have.
Good player but clearly no idea of loyalty. Has been steered by the sbw money train and will end up a jack of all...master of none legacy.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 08 Jan 2012, 5:57 pm

Oh dear. Put SBW in a match with any half decent boxer, and he wouldn't last the first round. Same way that if you put a boxer into a rugby match, they would be knackered after a few phases, with very sore shoulders. Stick to your sport Mr Williams! You are doing very well there.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:01 pm

Why all the hate? If the guy wants to box, what's it to you? If you're not interested, don't watch.

All this speculation of what would happen if SBW fought batman is all smacks of a bit of my-dad is bigger than yours.

The guy is a dedicated athlete who choses to put himself out there in a number of contexts. Surely more worthy than hating on an internet forum? no?
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:08 pm

miteyironpaw wrote:Why all the hate? If the guy wants to box, what's it to you? If you're not interested, don't watch.

All this speculation of what would happen if SBW fought batman is all smacks of a bit of my-dad is bigger than yours.

The guy is a dedicated athlete who choses to put himself out there in a number of contexts. Surely more worthy than hating on an internet forum? no?

Rolling Eyes

Well this is a forum for debate/discussion. If you're not interested, don't whinge.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:13 pm

Tell you what. I challenge you to get in the ring with whoever he fights, and see how y'all get on.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:15 pm

HA.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down