The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seth Mitchell vs Timur Ibragimov (Spoiler)

+4
OasisBFC
Strongback
88Chris05
bellchees
8 posters

Go down

Seth Mitchell vs Timur Ibragimov (Spoiler) Empty Seth Mitchell vs Timur Ibragimov (Spoiler)

Post by bellchees Sun 11 Dec - 4:11

Seth Mitchell wins by TKO in the 2nd round.

Really good performance from Mitchell and now he looks ready to mix at with some of the fringe world level guys, it would be nice to see him in with someone like Arreola next year to test his chin. Ibragimov hasn't got many options left now being 36 years old and has lost his last 2 fights, perhaps an opponent for Fury sometime soon.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Seth Mitchell vs Timur Ibragimov (Spoiler) Empty Re: Seth Mitchell vs Timur Ibragimov (Spoiler)

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 11 Dec - 5:37

Was surprised at Mitchell, I have to say. Always thought he had potential but he passed this test a lot easier than I thought he would. As the Sky team pointed out, it was his composure which impressed most. When Ibragimov was hurt he didn't waste anything, picked his shots rather than spraying them in from all angles, ala Haye (just an example before people get all uppity, not saying that Mitchell is in that class yet).
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Seth Mitchell vs Timur Ibragimov (Spoiler) Empty Re: Seth Mitchell vs Timur Ibragimov (Spoiler)

Post by Strongback Sun 11 Dec - 6:15

I thought the guy was a pretender and would have a tough nights work but he was awesome. Some of those power punches towards the end particularly the 3 or 4 right hands in a row were serious punches. I was glad the ref jumped in.

Great to see a fit heavyweight with the ability to throw combinations. I'll be watching him from now on and hopefully he developes into a world level fighter.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sun 11 Dec - 11:36

88Chris05 wrote:Was surprised at Mitchell, I have to say. Always thought he had potential but he passed this test a lot easier than I thought he would. As the Sky team pointed out, it was his composure which impressed most. When Ibragimov was hurt he didn't waste anything, picked his shots rather than spraying them in from all angles, ala Haye (just an example before people get all uppity, not saying that Mitchell is in that class yet).

bad example, as haye's one of the best finishers in boxing.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 11 Dec - 11:43

Very good win for seth and even better stopping timur for the first time. He was caught a couple of times by the taller fighter but in the second got into a rhythm and landed thuddering shots. He is head and shoulders above wilder atm for america's next best thing. He is a natural athlete and has an exciting style. I think that the next generation of heavyweights could be better than the last one. The giants are still there, but the klitschko bros won't be around for ever, fury will be KOed soon and helenius is an limited fighter. Looking at some of the top guys outside the top 5, you have chisora, mitchell, povetkin, chambers, arreola, solis and Mike Perez. All of those listed are less than 6'2 and all of them have fairly aggressive style. I think that there are alot of good fights between them lot

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 11 Dec - 15:03

OasisBFC wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:Was surprised at Mitchell, I have to say. Always thought he had potential but he passed this test a lot easier than I thought he would. As the Sky team pointed out, it was his composure which impressed most. When Ibragimov was hurt he didn't waste anything, picked his shots rather than spraying them in from all angles, ala Haye (just an example before people get all uppity, not saying that Mitchell is in that class yet).

Sorry, but that statement is well off the mark. When Haye gets a man in trouble he usually gets over-excited and throws a huge barrage of punches, missing most of them, rather than picking off the right shots. Had Ruiz in trouble early on, but took in until round nine to get him out of there. Wobbled Valuev but then went over the top in throwing everything without any thought and let the giant back in contention to nick the round. Even against Harrison, the stoppage was messy and not exactly what you'd call controlled aggression.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sun 11 Dec - 15:08

88Chris05 wrote:
OasisBFC wrote:

Sorry, but that statement is well off the mark. When Haye gets a man in trouble he usually gets over-excited and throws a huge barrage of punches, missing most of them, rather than picking off the right shots. Had Ruiz in trouble early on, but took in until round nine to get him out of there. Wobbled Valuev but then went over the top in throwing everything without any thought and let the giant back in contention to nick the round. Even against Harrison, the stoppage was messy and not exactly what you'd call controlled aggression.

Haye is a quality finisher mate Ruiz had only ever been stopped once before and Haye took him out and Valuev is a giant who nobody has ever stopped! Not sure what you mean about Harrison Haye knocked him out with the first couple of punches he threw he had to wait til round 3 so he could win his bet.

Look at how he destroyed Enzo and Mormeck in the cruiserweights aswell trust me this guy can finish a fight!

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 11 Dec - 15:10

Waingro wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:
OasisBFC wrote:

Haye is a quality finisher mate Ruiz had only ever been stopped once before and Haye took him out and Valuev is a giant who nobody has ever stopped! Not sure what you mean about Harrison Haye knocked him out with the first couple of punches he threw he had to wait til round 3 so he could win his bet.

Look at how he destroyed Enzo and Mormeck in the cruiserweights aswell trust me this guy can finish a fight!
Laugh

You're just a collection of all the quotes Haye has given to the press.

Haye isn't a great finisher.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Dec - 15:57

Haye's a good finisher just gets a bit over excited every now and then...

Wouldn't really say that Mitchells the complete article by any stretch, but the guy seems pretty decent, can say this America definitely has a genuine Heavyweight contender.

Would he beat a Klit? Don't make me laugh! Aggressive and exciting, that's something, would like to see him in against some other decent fighters that are fringe/world level, like the Arreolas and what not, has an ok win over a washed up Samuel Peters.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down