The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parra to be cited?

+3
tigerleghorn
LondonTiger
formerly known as Sam
7 posters

Go down

Parra to be cited? Empty Parra to be cited?

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 12 Dec - 16:53

I didn't see this in the game but pictures have appeared afterwards that seem to show Morgan Parra biting George Chuter. There had been some scuffles between the pair before Chuter was harshly yellow carded for a "high, late and dangerous tackle" (the TJ's words) on the French international.

Picture of the alleged bite;
http://twitpic.com/7s0dvq

Picture of the two yellow carded tackles;
http://www.zimagez.com/zimage/3919411015045283138965955741965883633291568388068n.php

What do we reckon?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Parra to be cited? Empty Re: Parra to be cited?

Post by LondonTiger Mon 12 Dec - 16:59

People I was with thought Parra was trying to bite Georgie-boy. I was not sure myself. I did not see any replays of the actual incident that caused Chuter to be banned - just the follow up. Must have turned my head at the wrong time when it was replayed.

On first viewing I thought Manu's tackle was dreadful and may be red. On replays he seemed to be lower then come up. That picture makes it look much worse than it was.

The unluckiest player to be binned this weeked though had to be Myler.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Mon 12 Dec - 17:09

Not easy to do whilst wearing a mouth guard.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 12 Dec - 17:24

Seeing as he's continental, maybe he just got a touch of rabies... just a sniffle of it really...just the nibbles...... ???

Only a guess. Carry on.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 12 Dec - 17:49

Doubt it.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Tue 13 Dec - 8:46

The picture of Parra is 'suspicious at best'

If he did bite Chuter there will be teeth marks that can be matched up?

The 2nd picture shows the Manu tackle to be far worse than it was. This was taken about 2 seconds after Manu hit the chest area in the initial tackle and as the player goes past Manus arm slides up.

Even in this picture you can see that George is not High, Late or Dangerous... absolute bullsh1t from the officials there. He did however, take a player off the ball.

Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 13 Dec - 9:17

MT I'd argue the NFL two step rule. Chuter is committed to the tackle, Parra has drawn the man and passed, Chuter has taken two steps to reach him for the tackle. In the NFL that is allowed as it is considered that trying to pull out of a tackle when that close is dangerous. Chuter's yellow card was very poor in my view.

Manu's challenge was clumsy because he was off balance, it looks bad because the tackle is mainly arm as he can't get his shoulder round and because he's the size he is. The arm rising up off the chest sealed his fate.

The Parra picture is suggestive rather than conclusive though the Telegraph had this to say; "Clermont had No 8 Julien Bonnaire sent to the sin-bin later, while television pictures suggest that there is a possible “biting” incident involving Morgan Parra and Chuter’s arm. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/8946661/Clermont-30-Leicester-12-match-report.html

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 13 Dec - 9:24

Sam

I watched the match, Chuter thought Parra had the ball and tackled him, it was a high tackle, but he also didn't have the ball, he hadn't had it for a couple of seconds. He may be innocent of malevolent behaviour but if he is he is completely stupid and unaware of what is happening around him.

Tuilagis tackle was just a typical South Sea Islander High tackle. Both were rightfully carded by the referee.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down